shape
carat
color
clarity

cut of costco diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ivan

Rough_Rock
Trade
does costco have a standard when it comes to cut on their diamonds? they mention color and clarity and nothing else.

anyone?

thanks!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
most of the Costco rings come with a IGI report and the more expensive ones (methink) comes with a GIA report too. am i right??
33.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
eh, I''m not sure. . .I think that if you were to buy locally and if, as DF says, they''re IGI, you''re better buying from there and saving money than buying from another place. I looked at Jareds today and they had an IGI F I1 and it was $1500! Crazy. That didn''t even include the setting.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
If they come with certs you can check the numbers to get an idea of cut quality. I guess that is a good as you could do.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Costco has a ‘special order’ jewelry department that is, in effect, buying from one of the drop-ship style Internet vendors. They can get you pretty much any stone you want with a few days notice including both GIA and AGS graded stones. There’s usually a stack of brochures promoting it near the jewelry display in the warehouse. The vendor will ship it to whatever warehouse you like and you pick it up and pay for it there.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not shopped at a Costco but heard they do have some nice jewelry and diamonds. Some of the diamonds I have seen at Sams look pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results