shape
carat
color
clarity

Cut is not the most important "C"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The most important C is COMMITMENT

Most men buy diamonds for their ladies because diamonds mean commitment.

There has been a lot written and posted about synthetic and treated diamonds lately. These stones have a great future for self purchases - a growing market segment as more women get better educations and jobs -us poor guys still pay for everything out of "our" money, while our ladies buy shoes, cosmetics and jewels with ''their own money" - but that is just a joke - not intended to be the start of a flame
1.gif

Anyway my experiance is that >90% of women want to own a real antural God made diamond. Ideally it should be as big as practical, and the sparklier the better. What that means in our society is that she is loved by a commited bloke.

Now I will get blasted by people who are exceptions - but let me ask - why do women wear diamonds around their neck or in their ears? They never see them unless they suffer from mirror gazing vanity. The reason is we are conditioned to represent ourselves in appropriate ways, and diamonds say heaps about our ''status'' and style. They also are often used to indicate the level of commitment between a man and a women.

Now come and get me........
But i will not respond for a week!!!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohh my goodness Garry! Lol...Your going to find yourself in a firestorm, but I find alot of truth in what you say for the majority of the population of men (including myself) & idealistic viewpoints of women.

I think when you state that men are conditioned you are right or we wouldn't go through the trouble of finding the perfect diamond. For something that women like to say is just a symbol seems to be such an important symbol.

Conditioning seems to be a thing which is constantly changing. Traditional courting of a women by doing things for her and buying things and pulling out her chair and being a true gentlemen women have become to appreciate, but I also think as time goes on the ways in which we are conditioned will change too. Hopefully the more sentimental aspects of being a true gentlemen will remain.

My fiancee's mother told her the bigger the better and the bigger the rock the more serious he is about commiting. I laughed and realize I am lucky to have a woman in my life thats appreciates the trouble I went through to get her a nice looking diamond, but at the same time would have been satisfied with whatever I got her. Hence Bigger is Better is usually the case but the game will always remain the same.

Companionship, and lifelong sharing of love and a sincere partnership to build new foundations and going through life together are the main objective, BUT as long as mother nature is involved in providing one of the greatest pleasures that men seek, women will always rule the roost because bottom line...THEY HAVE WHAT WE WANT...I may get stoned for this but the general public and women reading too know its the truth!....

-Josh
Sitka, Alaska

Danica

Rough_Rock
Oh dear Boys, and you must be boys - because no man would be silly enough to talk such utter nonsense. If you are going out with ladies who are only interested in the size of the diamonds you have given them or indeed the size of anything I think you had better run very quickly in the opposite direction. Because something tells me that they are only interested in the size of your pockets and committment would be conditional on that area of your life only.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 8/18/2003 7
6.gif
3:35 AM Richard Sherwood wrote:

"Now there's a true woman for you, guys.
They are a bit rare though..."

Excuse me?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 8/17/2003 10:47:30 PM Danica wrote:

"If you are going out with ladies who are only interested in the size of the diamonds you have given them or indeed the size of anything I think you had better run very quickly in the opposite direction. Because something tells me that they are only interested in the size of your pockets".

I think that Garry posted what he did for two reasons:

a) To liven things up;

and

b) To promote the notion that big, expensive (and, of course *REAL*) diamonds mean something important about a man's love for a woman.

The promotion of THAT notion helps the pockets of diamond vendors. I suspect he is more interested in the vendors' pockets than the poor fiances' pockets, Danica. (No intention of starting a flame, of course, Garry ;-). )

read.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I don't have any thing bad to say tp you just letting you know that I'm an un engaged un married woman who is looking to buy myself a diamond, ( have a boyfriend but we arent at that place yet) I've been on this site a lot trying to get info on this site to help me with my purchase. I even read in some fashion magazine that more and more woman are starting to but themselves right hand rings too. You don't have to have to be engaged to get a diamond.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I don't have any thing bad to say tp you just letting you know that I'm an un engaged un married woman who is looking to buy myself a diamond, ( have a boyfriend but we arent at that place yet) I've been on this site a lot trying to get info on this site to help me with my purchase. I even read in some fashion magazine that more and more woman are starting to buy themselves right hand rings too. You don't have to have to be engaged to have a diamond anymore.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about all the typos, I overslept and it's Monday so I'm in a rush as I get ready for work.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 8/18/2003 9:26
6.gif
1 AM innerkitten wrote:

"just letting you know that I'm an un engaged un married woman who is looking to buy myself a diamond, ( have a boyfriend but we arent at that place yet) I've been on this site a lot trying to get info on this site to help me with my purchase. I even read in some fashion magazine that more and more woman are starting to buy themselves right hand rings too. You don't have to have to be engaged to have a diamond anymore."

Garry calls people like you "exceptions" :). I'm not so sure :).

My husband bought me an engagement ring (2 1-point diamonds in a tiny gold oval) and, later, an anniversary band. I, however, bought all my solitaires and a solitaire for our 10 year old daughter. That makes 8 diamonds of 1/4 carat (my daughter's) or more bought by *ME*.

read.gif

PS-You can tell Richard Sherwood doesn't sell diamonds because if he did he would be careful about the cracks he makes about "real" women. Some of us...uh, simulants? arttificial women?...are great customers ;-).

PPS-This does not mean I am still not hot for Richard. I don't want to discourage him.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
AGBF, you've got "REAL WOMAN" popping out all over you.

I made the comment that a "true woman" (good woman?) is rare in the same sense that I would say a "true man" (good man?) is even rarer.

My own personal observation has led me to conclude that it's about a 1 in 10 ratio for women, and a 1 in 100 ratio for men.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohh Rich your making me sick....Lol...Just kidding!!!

Honestly it is a true phenomenom when a good guy meets a good woman. Im sure some of us including myself have all had bad experiences the first couple times around. For me it will be round 2. But it is all a learning experience just as life in trying to figure out who's who and what is really real. I commend Garry for his efforts but it also brings up a good point that being committed through loving one another through all of lifes ups and downs is in a true sense what marriage is supposed to be. I think relationships are like rollercoasters sometimes in that through the ups and downs commiting to someone is knowing that you will never get off the ride! Finding someone who wants to truly ride it out with you is truly a blessing and building different things to work on and staying objective in a relationship is paramount. Sure society has certain norms and men as well as women fall prey to getting into grooves of fullfilling different stereotypes. A true man or woman will see through all of this in knowing the only thing that matters are the things that they both share and as the hands of time turn will learn how to mold together. As all of our good looks fade and our bodies start breaking down we truly find what life together 2 people have built and drawing upon those memories when our time is coming near is I think what is important. Surrpounding yourself with family friends and the accomplishments we all yearn to strive for in making our lives the best we can for our families and others around us.

I am honored that I have found a woman to share my life with and do these things with me....

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
16.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/18/2003 9:43:26 PM scorpion wrote:

A true man or woman will see through all of this in knowing the only thing that matters are the things that they both share and as the hands of time turn will learn how to mold together. As all of our good looks fade and our bodies start breaking down we truly find what life together 2 people have built and drawing upon those memories when our time is coming near is I think what is important. Surrpounding yourself with family friends and the accomplishments we all yearn to strive for in making our lives the best we can for our families and others around us.

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
16.gif"

----------------

Hey, Josh - Good looks do not fade! My 80 year old father *still* thinks my mother, 78, is the most beautiful women in the world.

My hubby thinks I am more attractive today than when I was a "kid". He says I exude a certain confidence that is lacking is any 25 year old.

But, I concur with the rest of your thoughtful post.

I don't think big diamond necessarily means bigger commitment. Just that you may either have more money or take on more debt. But, I mentioned this before - Hubby proposed on my birthday. Knowing full well of the legal ramifications of the "gift", he wanted to make a commitment statement. So, yes, in a round about way that diamond does mean a commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results