shape
carat
color
clarity

cut for diamond studs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
when buying studs, should i look for ideal, excellent, or very good cuts? i am looking anywhere between 0.75-0.90ct per ear.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided I would have regrets later if I did not go for Ideal/excellent for my studs. Actually, I was replacing studs of the exact same size, but they did not have excellent cut. I also went up in clarity. I just decided I wanted the best quality diamonds I could afford in the size I prefer.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Having once owned maul quality studs which had no sparkle, this time I went for the best cut, which is either GIA excellent (but check them out on the HCA "see Cut Advisor" under Tools) or AGS ideal. Being price sensitive, I went down in color and clarity to J SI1. This is a great combo for earrings, and I highly recommend it. If you have the money, then start going up in color then clarity until you reach the amount you want to spend. The differences will be very slight, mostly visible in the color of the body of the stone. The sparkle will be pretty much the same, because it depends mainly on cut.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
having had crappy cuts and good cuts and now having superideals...i would go for at least an excellent, i don''t think you need the holy grail of diamonds on your ears but if the price is the same or close, why not. it just depends on what you find, what the costs are etc. but i wouldn''t pay close to ideal prices for EX or very good. i gotta say that when i catch glimpses of my earrings walking by a mirror or something they are blazing and they are .38''s so not huge by any means...but yet they pack a lotta punch because of the great cut!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results