shape
carat
color
clarity

Cut Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rocksbrow2

Rough_Rock
Hello, I am new to this board and have been searching for a website to calculate cut for a couple of diamonds I am looking at. I have an EGL cert that says "ideal" cut but would like to get a second rating. thanks,

1.24 ct
6.87 - 6.84 x 4.26mm
57% table
43.10% Pavillion
15.6% crown
D color
Si2

Also there is a faint blue fluorescence, should this discourage me?
how much would this diamond sell for?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You may use the DIY, do it yourself, cut calculator on my website...That's why it was put there...FOR YOU!...

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
You can also use the HCA cut advisor on Pricescope. See the link above.
10.gif

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
David, I tried to use your calculator, but I had some problems with the dimensions: L x W x D. Is the 'D' the diameter or the depth? I was doing it wrong since the total depth percentage was coming out incorrectly.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can use both the AGA gemappraisers.com cut calculator and also use the HCA with the %'s rather than angles. You need total depth to use HCA...I've roughly estimated it at 62.1% since you don't mention girdle.

So using those #'s for the HCA...this stone gets a 3.3 on the HCA..which is listed as Very Good with VG's all across the board for fire, scint, brilliance and spread. Since this is not an 'ideal' stone with the dimensions (it's a little deep hence it looks smaller than a 1.24c), I would estimate this stone selling for around $6k? But that depends on if its online, offline, color, clarity, grading cert, etc. You can search Pscope for similar stones and get a range of pricing.

Is the EGL cert from the US or overseas? Sometimes those labs are tricky, SI2 from EGL may be more like I1 depending on the lab. Even though the cert marks 'ideal' cut..they can just put that on there...so you need to use the actual numbers and do the research to find out more.

I plugged it into the AGA DIY tool and it returned all 1A but since you didnt note girdle or polish/symm, you'd have to put in more info. So according to the AGA tool, the specs are within a 1A (excellent) range, but the HCA does not agree. Also this diameter is too small for this stone, should be more around 6.99mmx4.25mm for a 1.25c stone. So this stone will look a little small. Be sure you aren't overpaying.

Good luck!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I always admire your patience to help people...
A lot of people (including me) certainly find you the kindest person in this forum!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww thanks Stephan..but let me assure you that patience and kindness are only traits I exhibit on this forum (and not even always then!). As my fiance can attest to...those traits somehow appear to be lost in the transition to real life.
11.gif
Hee Hee.

We watched Gone with the Wind the other night at a local theatre showing (amazing movie to see in the theatre btw) and FI kept poking me as all the mischevious Scarlett scenes played out...then giving me meaningful glances....wonder what he meant?!
2.gif
Well at least he will never be bored!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I can't believe it.
Perhaps does your fiancé want you to be... more Scarlett ?
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually I think he was trying to tell me that he thinks I am already TOO Scarlett!
9.gif
But of course *without* the desperate love for another woman's husband!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results