shape
carat
color
clarity

Cut Advisor not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jkruer01

Rough_Rock
I just tried to reenter the values into the Cut Advisor program and they were previously returning Excellent for all values and now it is returning poor for all values except spread. I tried several different H&A diamonds and they are all now returning poor for everything but spread. Is anyone else having this problem????

Thanks

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Jkruer01, please post the numbers you're using.

Are you using angles or %?

jkruer01

Rough_Rock
Depth %: 60.2
Table %: 55
Crown Angle: 34.6
Pavillion Angle: 40.5
Culet: 0

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Doesn't seem to be working...even plugged in default settings & came up poor in everything except spread

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
what the...:(sad ?!?

something happened witht the database. let me check it.

wade_44

Rough_Rock
It just happned to me as well.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Entire database table was deleted... :-o

Please try now

jkruer01

Rough_Rock
Thanks for getting it working again. It worked when I tried it.

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
The Caped crusader has gone back to the diamond cave
feverishly working to get this resolved.

Kirk
www.diamondoptics.com

Loganbrew

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 12/10/2002 12:19:26 PM

what the...:(sad ?!?

----------------

I responded the same way as Leonid yesterday morning when I discovered the problem, only I included the strong expletive! See I proposed Monday night and, since the ring hunt and proposal was a total surprise, it wasn’t until yesterday morning that I could pour out the whole story about how I educated myself about diamonds over the last six weeks. It has been a ton of fun (hence my continued reading of this forum, even though my hunt has concluded), so I had to tell her everything. Accordingly, I showed her the cert, the superb Idealscope image, explained the difference between scintillation, brilliance, fire, how I sent back the EGL and got a GIA, etc. Finally, after a bunch of hand waving and explaining, I – the overly analytical, mathematics happy engineer that I am – had to pull up the HCA calculator to show her the 0.3 TIC grading the stone received and close my case.

POOR, POOR, POOR, FAIR

I must have looked like Bill Gates when Windows 98 crashed on him at the Comdex demonstration! I pleaded that something was wrong, but deep inside I feared Leo had revised and fine-tuned the algorithm again. Actually, I tried the default numbers and discerned something was amiss. Regardless, she didn’t care. She knew it looked far prettier than her girlfriend’s and her sister’s rings. She was just entertaining me and patiently waiting for me to finish so she could start dialing the phone…”guess what I got?”

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this website and forum; I would not have been as successful in this experience without it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results