shape
carat
color
clarity

Customised Ring Box

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, I''m new here but since I was posting in the smtr forum thought that I would share one of my favourite things from our wedding. (My fiance and I eloped to Hawaii in December) It is a ring box made from Jarrah wood, that you can have customised (mine has our names, wedding date, and wedding song title), and made with one or two ring slots. Unfortunately my fiance''s ring didn''t fit very well because he ended up getting the wide band cartier trinity and only picked it a few days before we got married, but I thought the box was very pretty, and it is a nice token from our wedding day, and which I can use to store my rings when I go to bed or am not wearing them. I guess they could be considered a bit frivolous, and perhaps not the best thing to spend money on, especially because usually people''s rings come with nice boxes, but I thought I''d share in case anyone else liked the idea as a nice keepsake from their wedding. I also thought that it could be a really cool gift for a couple if you know the date their getting married, and I saw on the website that I ordered it from that some guys have had them customised for their proposal which be really sweet I think! Ok, I have been rambling. Here''s the pic.

HW003_resize.jpg

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry the pic is huge, I''m still trying to work out what I''m doing!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
That''s cute!

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
Great idea...I luv it. Very nice. Thanks for sharing the photo

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Why dont you post a link to that site because a lot of guys ask about nice ring boxes...I think it''s a very nice touch.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the compliments
I''ll see if I can post a link
http://www.ringboxcompany.com/
I hope that worked

jaguarnation

Rough_Rock
I must admit that this idea of a personalized ring box sounds appealing. It might be the last little bit of ''POP'' to the engagement that I am looking for. Are there any other websites that I can go to and look at ring boxes (bling addict: the site you suggested looks good, but I am curious to see if there are any competitors out there.). I am not too picky about things, but I would prefer a wooden box or perhaps a ceramic box of some form that is not too ''gaudy'' to look at. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Date: 3/7/2008 12:38:36 AM
Author:bling addict
Hi all, I''m new here but since I was posting in the smtr forum thought that I would share one of my favourite things from our wedding. (My fiance and I eloped to Hawaii in December) It is a ring box made from Jarrah wood, that you can have customised (mine has our names, wedding date, and wedding song title), and made with one or two ring slots. Unfortunately my fiance''s ring didn''t fit very well because he ended up getting the wide band cartier trinity and only picked it a few days before we got married, but I thought the box was very pretty, and it is a nice token from our wedding day, and which I can use to store my rings when I go to bed or am not wearing them. I guess they could be considered a bit frivolous, and perhaps not the best thing to spend money on, especially because usually people''s rings come with nice boxes, but I thought I''d share in case anyone else liked the idea as a nice keepsake from their wedding. I also thought that it could be a really cool gift for a couple if you know the date their getting married, and I saw on the website that I ordered it from that some guys have had them customised for their proposal which be really sweet I think! Ok, I have been rambling. Here''s the pic.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2008 2:26:55 AM
Author: jaguarnation
I must admit that this idea of a personalized ring box sounds appealing. It might be the last little bit of ''POP'' to the engagement that I am looking for. Are there any other websites that I can go to and look at ring boxes (bling addict: the site you suggested looks good, but I am curious to see if there are any competitors out there.). I am not too picky about things, but I would prefer a wooden box or perhaps a ceramic box of some form that is not too ''gaudy'' to look at. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jaguarnation -- I know that Fay Cullen''s website has a link to some ring boxes.

Click here to see.

I think it does add a great touch! Good luck with your search and your proposal!
35.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Blingaddict -- Great ring box. I love it! Thanks for sharing!

jaguarnation

Rough_Rock
Sparkstarter:

Thanks!
Date: 3/22/2008 2:57:45 AM
Author: Sparkalicious

Date: 3/22/2008 2:26:55 AM
Author: jaguarnation
Jaguarnation -- I know that Fay Cullen''s website has a link to some ring boxes.

Click here to see.

I think it does add a great touch! Good luck with your search and your proposal!
35.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks sparkalicious
1.gif

Sorry I can''t be of more help Jaguar, I''m not sure if there are competitors, I just saw an ad for those boxes in a bridal magazine one day, hadn''t seen them before and liked the look of them! Best wishes for your proposal, looking forward to seeing more pics of the ring!

scm1012

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful box...it looks very similar to my e-ring box except without an inscription.

I read that you and your DH eloped to Hawaii. Was it just the two of you? Also, did you elope and then have an extended honeymoon?

My FI and I are eloping and we''re undecided on whether we want to have a private ceremony at our chosen destination or get married at home beforehand. Or -- get married at home and still have a quick spritual ceremony, or whatever it''s called. Anyway, I''m so curious as to what other people have done!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks SCM,
It was just the two of us in Hawaii, we were in Hawaii for 5 days before the wedding, and 8 after the wedding (I guess the last 8 days were our honeymoon, although the whole time felt like it was). If you looking up elopement I think there will be a few threads on people''s experiences. This is the most recent one that I know of Link

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
this is a great idea... im thinkin about getting one and using it as the box that i present to my gf when i propose!!

anyone else use it during their proposal?

i think it would be a good keepsake.

pivotalrex

Rough_Rock
Hey bling,
that''s a very nice box. I checked out their website. Can you tell me if the hinge on the box closes tightly like a regular ring box?

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Pivotal,
The box closes like a regular box. The hinge is quite firm too (i.e it won''t open even a little without you opening it) I will attach a few more photos to show you what it looks like. Hope this answers your question. And Lovesher, I think they''re a really nice idea for proposals!

ring box 1.jpg

Thank you for posting this !!!!

I checked out their site nad their amazing .. I am seriously considering getting one of these for my wedding day.. such a great keepsake !

pivotalrex

Rough_Rock
Thanks again Bling!

Now I just have to push the fiance to agree on our first song so I can have the box personalized with it.

It''s a toss up between "the way you look tonight" by Sinatra
or " When you say nothing at all" by Alison Krauss

I figure the box will be a nice little surprise on our wedding day.

mrs.ROC

Rough_Rock
Bling Addict, do you recall what the lead time was for the ring box? From when you ordered, how long it took til finished and delivered? I want to order one as gift for my cousin upcoming wedding, but would like to know lead time....see if there''s enough time to make.... thanks for sharing!!!!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again for the comments, glad people like it
1.gif

To answer your question Mrs Roc. I ordered the box on the 8th and received it on the 16th (I just checked my old emails), when I ordered I was advised that delivery would take 10-15 working days (so it got here much quicker). Also, I am in Australia, and I think the company is based in New Zealand, so possibly if I lived further away, the delivery may have been longer (I don''t really know). I think it would make a beautiful gift for your cousin if time permits!

mrs.ROC

Rough_Rock
Bling Addict, thanks for the information, I just ordered today...funny thing is, I did not receive a confirmation number or anything...i''ll wait to see if I get an email confirmation.... can''t wait to see it!!! Thanks for sharing your idea...it''s soo neat, i''ll be sure to pass on to friends..thanks!!!

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
i just ordered this ring box.. did you receive an invoice when you placed your order because i havent got one yet...

also, after i placed my order it said processing the order takes 5-15 days... does that timeframe include processing and shipping? i hope i get this in time.. i sent the company an email too so hopefully they can get back to me.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lovesher, Sorry I can''t remember exactly if I received an invoice or not when I ordered my box, but I did get a confirmation of my order including all details via email the morning after I ordered (I ordered at night time). I received my box 8 days after I ordered it. I can''t remember but I think there was an option to have it priority delivered for a little bit more money, if you''re worried about a time frame perhaps you could ask about that?
Hope it all works out for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results