shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Zircon project with Jeff White

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guys, I’m sad to post that there’s been a big blip on the radar of my project. As everyone knows, S**T happens!

My Zircon was chipped in the setting process so it’s got to be repaired. Victor is sickened but it’s one of those risks we all know can happen especially with softer gemstones.

694E95EE-30A0-477D-978F-ACFDED58098D.jpeg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, that's really too bad! I hope after the repair the Zircon will still fit into the Lillian halo ... fingers crossed.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guys, I’m sad to post that there’s been a big blip on the radar of my project. As everyone knows, S**T happens!

My Zircon was chipped in the setting process so it’s got to be repaired. Victor is sickened but it’s one of those risks we all know can happen especially with softer gemstones.

694E95EE-30A0-477D-978F-ACFDED58098D.jpeg

Oh no! :eek2: I know it’s a risk we all take but, dang, this one hurts. Are you sending it back to Jeff for the repair?

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I’m sorry! :(( It’s such a lovely zircon.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! :eek2: I know it’s a risk we all take but, dang, this one hurts. Are you sending it back to Jeff for the repair?

Victor will have a local cutter take a look at it tomorrow and we’ll decide from there. He will be more than happy to send it back to Jeff if that’s what I want.

I’ve spoken with Jeff, he says since it’s a round that a top notch cutter can fix it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no... sorry to hear this. Hopefully it can be repaired. Fingers crossed

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:(sadOh man.....

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope the stone can be repaired!

DK :-o

voce

Ideal_Rock
Um, is this a tease? Only losing .01 ct is awesome, but you're not really sharing anything with us if it's in the box, not visible! :mad:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
This is so so so freaking gorgeous!! I just bought a large oec cut zircon too, aren't they amazing? I'm so glad everything worked out and your ring is amazing!!

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
That is absolutely *phenomenal*! What a lovely ring! And it sparkles like crazy!

voce

Ideal_Rock
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
The videos aren't working for me, but I can try again later when I'm not at work.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! The stone is amazing, what a rich color! Now I want one blue sparkling zircon just like yours!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! The stone is amazing, what a rich color! Now I want one blue sparkling zircon just like yours!

Thank you! Jeff has more of the rough, send him an email.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Jeff has more of the rough, send him an email.

Thank you! I received an e-mail from him this morning, I looked at all his rough and wanted zircon as well as chrysoberyl plus rubellite. But my priority was aqua, I desperately need one around 2ct for my ring project. Simply can't buy everything I want at the moment.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to hear the stone was repairable, and the finished ring is gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

H

Horsegirl76

It’s absolutely gorgeous! Congrats!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh what a cracker of a stone and that your absolutely stunning setting could be repurposed.

I'm feeling rather relieved, I missed the whole drama of this thread and could read all the way through until the wonderful outcome! I was thinking... I hope it's possible to do an OEC, oh I hope it will be the right size, oh my gosh it's beautiful even in the rough, oh yay at the OEC, oh no at the chip! And then wow, fixed with barely any loss and it looks absolutely stunning! Love the videos. It has has depth both literally and visually, gorgeous colour, love how the hue changes in different light, love how it sparkles...

And that setting is perfect for it.

Congratulations and feel free to continue to share many photos!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@bright ice What a stunning ring! Bit of a drama but I am really glad it all worked out. :kiss2: Congrats!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great outcome! Top notch work from Victor and Jeff. Absolutely beautuful. Both the stone and setting. Super happy for you. And good for you to stay calm during the ‘drama’.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, that's a show stopper! Congrats on such a beautiful ring. Gotta love a zircon in the sunshine :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! This turned out perfectly and I’m so glad it only lost .01ct.
There‘s something so special about a VC ring and a colored gem...perfection! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results