shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Tulip Set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pez

Rough_Rock
Hey ppl... my first post here @ pricescope!

Just thought I''ll share some pics of the e-ring that I picked up today from Diamond Exchange''s Toronto office.

I knew my g/f liked the tulip setting, but I couldn''t find any designs that I really liked online or in stores here in Toronto... So here''s my custom design!

Haven''t decided how/where/when I''ll pop the question yet. Hope my g/f doesn''t frequent these forums!

Pez

DSCN5791 (Small).JPG

Pez

Rough_Rock
From another angle.

DSCN5787 (Small).JPG

Pez

Rough_Rock
Yet another...

DSCN5799 (Small).JPG

Pez

Rough_Rock
And a last one for now.

Here are the specs. It's not a big diamond at all, just something that could fit my budget.

Carat 0.7
Colour J
Clarity VS2
Total Depth 61.1
Table 55
Dimensions 5.78-5.80X3
Girdle THN
Fluorescence MD B
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Cut Canada Ideal
Cert AGS0

DSCN5778 (Small).JPG

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pez,

Welcome to PScope!

That is a beautiful ring. Very unusual and stunning setting!

The top view of the diamond looks like it could be a square diamond?

We are a nosey lot, please post specs on your beautiful diamond, and lots of pics are welcomed!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Hand shots are mandatory, after you pop THE question of course!
appl.gif

EDITED TO NOTE: I posted too quick!! your specs came up right after I posted! SOryy about that!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Thats a really pretty ring! I've never seen a setting like that before. What a cool idea.

Melissa

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
That really is a lovely custom design! It really looks like a tulip and is just an beautiful!
love.gif
Good luck!
1.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Pez, love the tulip setting! you did great going the custom route, she's going to love it. Congrats
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

No apologies necessary Pez--it is tres fab!!!!!! Lucky gal!!!

cheers

Sharon

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I agree icelady! I definitely took a second look...I thought it was square...like a cushion... for a minute. Definitley beautiful...I love the setting. Really fabulous job you did! COngrats.
appl.gif

Pez

Rough_Rock
Thx for your comments!

It's definitely a round. But it DOES look like a princess with a quick glance.

Oh and I wanna add that I had a great experience at Diamond Exchange. Especially for Torontonians who want to buy "on location" for online prices! Their office downtown is very convenient to get to, and with the strengthening CA$ I was able to save more.

A few more pics...

[Edit: or should I say BUY more with the same budget!]
rodent.gif

DSCN5792 (Small).JPG

Pez

Rough_Rock
And this:

DSCN5782 (Small).JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is so very beautiful and unique. I love the how the setting makes it look sort of squarish yet sort of round at the same time. And that diamond sure looks sparkley!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring! I just adore the simplicity, and the uniqueness!

What size ring finger is she, because that stone looks quite large, I was sort of surprised by the carat size you wrote...

I think the setting is soooo pretty! Great job and all the best to you both!!!

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
Just lovely. I've never seen a Tulip setting before. Those prongs are so unique. Is it platinum, wg, yg?

Good luck on the proposal.
2.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
oh so so pretty! i really really like the setting, very unique and shows your diamond off fabolously!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Looks a lot larger than .70 to me!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. If I had to guess before knowing the specs, I would have thought it to be at least 1ct.

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
wow... what an unique setting. That is beautiful. Congratulations!!
love.gif
appl.gif
love.gif
appl.gif
love.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Such a beautiful and feminine setting without being too girly!!

I love it. She's going to be one happy fiancee
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
hi, this is my first time posting hope i do it right, the last couple of weeks i have just been a spectator here at ps but when i saw your tulip setting i had to post, it is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!! i really love the tulip setting and i'm hoping to get one of my own very soon. when you do pop the ? please post the when and how

Pez

Rough_Rock
Yeah I was really happy at how the ring came out. The setting seems a little higher than I wanted though, but I'll let my g/f decide if she wants it lowered.

For the curious, my g/f is very petite, and she's a size 3.5. The ring and setting are both platinum.

After spending a day with the diamond I finally see what the hype over these rocks is all about. Can't wait to see her reaction!

As for the proposal, I know she would like to be surprised. That makes it so much harder to plan, with her EXPECTING a surprise of sorts. I won't divulge too much details here now...think I may have already said too much!
2.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, what a unique and graceful setting. I love tulips, and the lines of this ring really do capture the grace of the flower. Beautiful!
1.gif

Pez

Rough_Rock
Got a close up of the diamond...

Close up 2.JPG

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh my Goodness, that closeup is stunning! One of the best photos of a diamond I've seen...and I've seen a lot!
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
love.gif
I just love it.
love.gif

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning ring. She is a lucky girl to have found a fiance with such excellent taste. Best of luck.

underdog

Rough_Rock
Pez, it is a beautiful diamond. Your g/f will be a very lucky person.

I am looking to pick up a princess cut diamond in a Tulip Set for the most important person to come into my life, PALMBAYBABE. She has previously replied to your post. She lives in Wisconsin, and I live in Florida. I am going to attempt to buy the engagement ring and wedding band at a jewelry store in Milwaukee, while I am in Florida. I am going to do what you do, surprise her when she gets down here at Christmas. She knows it is coming, but she doesn't know when or how.

Good luck with the engagement, and let us all know how it goes!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That's beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results