shape
carat
color
clarity

custom silver pieces (non-jewelry)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ever since someone posted that amazing ametrine I think it was, pear shaped and huge, a while back.... I''ve been thinking of having a letter opener/paperweight made (with some gemstone) for my husband (that''s my excuse lol), maybe for his masters graduation.... so I''ve been wondering a) how/where would you go about having someone make something like this, and b) aside from the stone any vague ballpark what it would cost? Maybe in silver or ??????? Thoughts? Ideas?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Cehra, I think it was me! For something like that, I would think it would be a custom job. Since it'll be in silver, I am sure a silversmith will be able to do that relatively inexpensively. As for actual ballpark $, I have no idea but I really don't think it'll be expensive.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 8:04:26 AM
Author: Chrono
Hi Cehra, I think it was me! For something like that, I would think it would be a custom job. Since it''ll be in silver, I am sure a silversmith will be able to do that relatively inexpensively. As for actual ballpark $, I have no idea but I really don''t think it''ll be expensive.
I think it was you LOL I still think about that stone, its like the one that got away except that I never even knew where it was from LOL I was at least hoping you''d get it so I could live vicariously! (darn anonymous internet!! lol) You also had posted a huge list of places and I went through them all trying to find that place (the pic was amazing, but no I wasn''t going to snatch it from you lol) but you didn''t put the link to the place THAT stone was from... I did however find the quartz eyeball that irina put into the skull for me while I was looking around hehehehehe....

.... so now that that stone is long gone, where was it from?

And how do you go about finding a sliversmith?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A good local goldsmith would normally know who the silversmiths in the area are. That might be a good start.

I don't see any gemstones on his webpage but I know he sells lots of them. You can try to contact him here at
http://www.abcjewelrydepot.com/

My only caution is that most of his stones tend to not cut well (almost all have windows), otherwise the colour is quite pretty. I have not purchased anything from him though.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 12:11:41 PM
Author: Chrono
A good local goldsmith would normally know who the silversmiths in the area are. That might be a good start.

I don''t see any gemstones on his webpage but I know he sells lots of them. You can try to contact him here at
http://www.abcjewelrydepot.com/

My only caution is that most of his stones tend to not cut well (almost all have windows), otherwise the colour is quite pretty. I have not purchased anything from him though.
I wouldn''t be afraid of windowing really... in fact it would be kinda cool if the gem were cut WITH a big flat window in the middle so that it looked good set on either side.... kwim? I''m goofy, yeah... I know LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results