shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling

Shiny_Rock
Just out of sheer curiosity, to those that might have had work done for them, or have inquired before, can someone give me a ballpark of the prices of having a Mark Morrell or Leon Mege custome setting done for a ring? You can also PM if you like.. thanks!!
wavey.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like Bling, I am also interested in getting a custom setting from Mark Morrell or Leon Mage for a ring but have no clue what would the cost/range be. I don't want to be shocked by how expensive it would be although I know it will cost more since both do super excellent work. I am looking at 18K WG or WG, not platinum. Please PM me as well if you feel more comfortable. Thanks.
loopy.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
No offense, but Good luck! MM is VERY busy, and LM is used to making designs as HE designs. Also he is used to working with some large pieces. Keeping such things in mind when chosing a designer.

Also remember that with designer names, come designer price tags, so make sure you budget appropriately and have a very loose time line, as these quality craftsmen book for months in advance.

Either way, consider many other designers out there, such as local benchmen, and various in-house jewelers within PS Vendors here, as well as all the independant designers/jewelers who post here! Good luck and shop around!!! you'de be surprised!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I THINK but I'm so not sure...that someone on DT had a LM for a round with beautiful double prongs, a very thin band on a small finger for $1000.00....Maybe memory lapse...I think that's really reasonable....Or did I forget to add a zero...lol...here it is...I'm almost certain she had pm'd me and told me it was $1000...but alas, I'm banned so can't check my pms...hehehehe
1.gif

And a classy jeweler would work with any stone!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43800&highlight=leon+AND+mege

bling

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for your help and your responses.. i will give it some thought..you have all been very helpful...as always!
1.gif
appl.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 6/15/2004 4:36:41 PM moremoremore wrote:

I THINK but I'm so not sure...that someone on DT had a LM for a round with beautiful double prongs, a very thin band on a small finger for $1000.00....Maybe memory lapse...----------------

That was more than a year ago....the price of platinum has increased exponentially since then.

I can say fairly confidentally that the name designers (well-known) are commanding nearly twice that price just for the metal setting (not including accent/side stones).

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
oh yeah....good point... how much more you think it could be? No more than 1500? Dunno. All I know is that there is NO beating Leon's prongs....wonder if they are safe though...hmmmmm

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
oops....didn't read the post....you said twice that much...

SLH

Shiny_Rock
chrono,

Mark Morrell and Leon Mege only work with platinum.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 6/16/2004 9:06:05 PM SLH wrote:

chrono,

Mark Morrell and Leon Mege only work with platinum.
----------------

A modification to that statement. Mark has recently moved to working with just platinum.

I spoke with LM about working on an 18K ring with me, and he was willing to, so I wouldn't discount him quite yet on the yellow/white gold front.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Both are very busy right now, Mark is booked out until September. I will not attempt to talk prices for either of them, it simply depends entirely on what is being done. A simple ring as shown in the thread on DT will cost much less than a heavier more complex piece.

Both however are sell worth the wait and the price if you want the very best quality and beauty. I just delivered a ring to a client yesterday who waited over four months for her Mark Morrell ring and to another a few weeks ago who waited nearly six months.

These are masters at their craft and in a perfect world their jewelry would bring a much higher premium than it is bringing now.

Wink

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
So what is driving up the price of platinum these days, and is it expected to stay high for the foreseeable future?

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
All metal prices have been going up. The first four months saw a large increase which was followed by a steep drop in price. It's been fluctuating since then. A lot of it has been driven by the value of the US dollar versus the Euro and other world currancies.

For charts and info go to:

www.kitco.com

platinum.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results