shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
Is it possible to have any ring custom made? If so, any thoughts on who could custom make a ring kind of like the one I have attached just with a few changes? Any advice would be great. Thank you all.

r162-04W.jpg

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 11/5/2003 4:05:53 PM hawaii_justine wrote:

Is it possible to have any ring custom made? If so, any thoughts on who could custom make a ring kind of like the one I have attached just with a few changes? Any advice would be great. Thank you all.----------------

Check out www.tradeshop.com

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Isnt that a Leon Mege setting? You didnt mention it, but perhaps contact him & see if he'll tweak it to your spedific likes/needs. If not, try Mark Morrell. If you search the DT archives, you will find that Juan of Van-Graff did a ring similar to that one & he still will do custom work.
Good luck,
Judy
:)

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
That is a beautiful ring! May I ask where you found that picture? Thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow beautiful ring Justine! Where did you find it? Looks very Leon Mege.

From what I know....yes you can have pretty much any ring custom made if you've got some pictures that the designer can go on.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
That's one of my favorite Leon Mege's. (Clownfish, the website is www.artofplatinum.com.) Why don't you just have them do it? Personally I find their designs so intricate that I wouldn't trust just any custom jeweler to replicate them. I've heard that they're much more reasonable than you'd imagine from looking at their site.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes actually someone (Fancy maybe?) was going to look into Leon Mege to do their work for them in NYC and said that the price for something was actually very reasonable. Something like those beautiful pave split prong settings that LM has, I believe was around $1200 or so...which is VERY good for such craftsmanship!!
1.gif

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
Leon Mege does some classy work!

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for all of your help. It is a LM design, I called them to get pricing and it doesn't seem that bad. However, it will take anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks to get it made.
8.gif
I am just having a tough time choosing between all the settings I like. Most of the them are similiar with pave style. It just seems so hard to decide between ordering from the internet, custom, and local jewelery stores. I really do appreciate all of your help. Justine

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
May I ask how much they said the setting was? I was interested in the price as well. Thanks.

Beansy

Shiny_Rock
Dear Justine,

I know how overwhelming, and yet exciting it can be. I've been on the forum and driving up and down Florda for about 4 mos now trying to decide on a setting and diamond style. I have saved tons of pictures, have a folder full of brochures, and have a 3 ring binder full of information on diamonds. I feel like it's my second job. But it has been so much fun.

Every minute, my favorite style changes, but I have gotten closser to settling down on a few favorites (I too like the pave styles.) You may just want to do a little homework on the web, and see if in fact there is anything else you like, and if not, then you know you have a winner. I agree about having the source make the stone, though too.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Ok, this being said... it seems that the model in the pic has a 5ct stone inside (according to source WWW). The respective Pad, like many of its brothers appears to be quite deep (appeasr about 80% above, which would not be all that unusual for these), so an oval diamond with the same diameter(s) will not have to be quite as havy. However, if the stone is way smaller, the proportions of the ring will change drastically. I am not even sure wether the width of the shank, prongs etc. can be adjusted downward that much so as to reproduce this look for a much smaller stone and still be safe.

As far as I remember Mara had a similar discussion while having her ring done and ended up with a wider shank (hope this is right).

I would definitely ask this Q about any setting, but especially pave, since the size of tiny bits of diamond can vary quite a bit.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I wanted my setting to be something like 1mm and my jeweler vetoed it and suggested that we go at least 2mm for small-stone safety. Well when all was said and done with the stones set and the ring made, the width is around 2.6mm..which I wasn't super jazzed with at the time, but we opted for safety hence the prong set instead of pave...and so I can sacrifice a little thinness on the band to be sure that my diamonds aren't going to pop out randomly--esp since I wear this thing all the time! It's gotta be durable!
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ctd.. And band width aside, the standard depth of an oval diamond will be way lowe, and the 'head of the ring' will never be the same...

b.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see I'm crowding this thread... however, below is one example of how this jeweler treated the above mentioned issue

fig.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results