shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom setting for OEC ring. Opinions?

BoubaFris

Shiny_Rock
Hello PSers,

I posted a thread earlier about an OEC that I was considering. Finally decided to go ahead. It is a 1.34 K (EGL) with fluorescence.

I have posted the setting design below based on some inspiration rings I found on PS. Thank you in advance to those PSers who shared the designs of their rings. It will be white gold head with pink gold shank. Ring size: 4.25. Could some experts chime in with some advices if it is ok to go? Not sure if it is delicate enough. Maybe change to
claw prongs?

Thanks a bunch!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cathedral seems too strait.

Is the millgrain being done by cad or by hand

BoubaFris

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Niel. I asked for hand applied milgrain.

Which part is the cathedral? Is it the one that links the shank to the basket? Will be better curved?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not Niel but yes...the cathedral connects the shank to the basket. Yours has 3 diamonds in it. They
tend to be a tad swooped (not much...just enough to take the hard edge off (good catch Niel)).

This is a beautiful CVB ring that shows the ever so slight bend to it...
swooped cath.jpg

Edit...also you'll need to communicate the claw prongs to the designer...they dont usually show up
in CADS.

BoubaFris

Shiny_Rock
ok thank you tyty! Otherwise does it look too "bulky"?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i would also make the sides of the cathedral with the stones a little less square. I'm no artist and don't have good software but this is kind of what I would do. A bit more curved.

Capture.JPG

BoubaFris

Shiny_Rock
Great, thank you for the feedback!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results