shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom sapphire ring - buy gems separately or does jeweler do that?

umbraphile

Rough_Rock
Hi there, I've been lurking for a while but this is my first post. I'm looking to get a cluster ring with sapphires. I've enjoyed following the links to look at loose stones but don't feel very confident about selecting myself--even though I've been learning a lot reading this forum--because, with a multi-stone ring, I'd have to figure out how to allocate my budget to the different elements. I can see myself getting one lovely stone... and then putting it in a drawer for ten years because I'm too busy with work to figure the rest out.

Are there jewelers that would be good to work with for both obtaining the stones and then doing the setting? I would probably prefer a pretty minimalist setting. It can be hard for me to get on the phone during business hours, so working partly over email would help, too, and I live near Philadelphia. Thanks for any pointers!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That sounds like a fun project! Do you have any pictures saved of the look you going for?

Earth’s Treasury has several cluster designs available and they also offer custom designs.

Yvonee Raley of Cecile Raley Designs is another possibility. I believe she does custom designs and is easy to communicate with through Etsy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results