shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Sapphire/Diamond Band- Vendors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''d like to have a sapphire and diamond (right-hand) band made, in palladium, but here''s the catch: I want lighter blue sapphires. Just like the blue in the photo below. Or just a bit darker.

I contacted Whiteflash, but unfortunately, their sapphire connection only had darker (medium navy) sapphires.

Does anyone have any idea where I could go to have something like this made?

Thanks!

sapphirebandltblue.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wink??

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I had my Bev K ring made (Julian at Pearlman''s) I had a choice between 4 shades of pink sapphires. I am sure they have a variety for blue as well. I would try there.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you both! I'll try to contact both Wink and Julian. I'm so excited about the project- I just hope I can find the right blue.

Thanks again.
9.gif

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Ebree,

Don''t know if you like the eternity/half eternity Asscher/princess bands from the Natural Sapphire Company, but they do offer palladium and your choice of color. I haven''t ever purchased from them, so I don''t know anything about the actual merchandise, but I was also searching for sapphire bands a while back -- didn''t wind up buying one (yet) -- and came across their selection of custom pieces. (My hands are tiny, size 3.5/3.75 depending on temps, so pretty much everything I buy, as far as rings go, has to be custom ordered.) I like that they give you your choice of metal, width, sapphire color, and setting. But they won''t be as antique/detailed as the Beverley K pieces, and if you are looking for something with more style (not just your basic band), you would probably want to look elsewhere.

Sometimes antique jewelers have lovely sapphire bands, too. Most of the ones that I''ve seen have been Deco or Deco-inspired (if they are new pieces made in the old style).

kimi

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Edit -- I realized that you were looking for the channel set style in the photograph. TNSC does make those, but I don''t think in quite as delicate a design. So maybe that compan is a pass for you! But if you''re not wedded to palladium and would consider plat, too, antique bands could be a neat way to go...

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/24/2008 12:40:50 PM
Author: kimikocat
Ebree,

Don't know if you like the eternity/half eternity Asscher/princess bands from the Natural Sapphire Company, but they do offer palladium and your choice of color. I haven't ever purchased from them, so I don't know anything about the actual merchandise, but I was also searching for sapphire bands a while back -- didn't wind up buying one (yet) -- and came across their selection of custom pieces. (My hands are tiny, size 3.5/3.75 depending on temps, so pretty much everything I buy, as far as rings go, has to be custom ordered.) I like that they give you your choice of metal, width, sapphire color, and setting. But they won't be as antique/detailed as the Beverley K pieces, and if you are looking for something with more style (not just your basic band), you would probably want to look elsewhere.

Sometimes antique jewelers have lovely sapphire bands, too. Most of the ones that I've seen have been Deco or Deco-inspired (if they are new pieces made in the old style).

kimi
Kimikocat, thanks for the info - this is good to know!
34.gif

And Ebree- sounds like a fun project! :)

E B

Ideal_Rock
kimikocat-

Thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately, I''ve had NSC price me a few bands, and they''re waaaaay out of my budget. Beautiful, though!

If anyone is still reading this, I''m stuck: I''m thinking of just going for the blue band pictured above. Full eternity, all light blue sapphires. Or should I do sapphires AND diamonds?

Darn my indecisiveness.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What''s your budget?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
For the color, would you consider Swiss or London blue topaz instead of sapphire? That might be easier than sapphire to get the lighter blue color you want.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Tacori- I''ve been quoted ~$950 for the Christopher Designs band in white gold. I''m checking to see if it''s available in palladium tomorrow. So that''d be the absolute highest, though I''d be more comfortable with something around $750.

jstar- Topaz is a good idea, but I''m trying to keep it sapphires for sentimental reasons. DH and I got married in September, and Sapphire is the September stone.
2.gif
The sapphire cost isn''t really the issue as much as it''s harder to find the lighter blues. Most of the sites I''ve looked at have rings in budget, but using the darker blue sapphires (which are beautiful, but I''ve got my heart set on the periwinkles.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results