shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Ruby and Diamond Pendant

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After almost two years in the making it's finally here! Those that have been following this long saga know that I have been working on a custom ruby and diamond pendant that is the inverse of my ruby and diamond ring. I wanted to use the center stone in my Calla setting which is a gorgeous round .81 G VS2 AGS000, ISEE2 ideal cut stone. It took a while to source pear cut rubies that match my ring and then there was the long saga about what to put into the remaining Calla setting which took forever to decide. The smaller diamonds in the pendant are all F/G VS1s and there are 6 pear cut rubies, 1.20 cttw. It's not an exact match because of the round vs oval center stones but I like it that way. I can finally say it is here! Of course it has rained all day so no sun. I did the best I could with little in the way of lighting, lol.

Ruby Pendant4.jpg

Ruby Pendant5.jpg

Ruby Pendant6.jpg

Ruby Pendant7.jpg

Ruby Pendant13.jpg

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Well worth the wait! It’s beautiful!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_6779.gif

I have long been a fan of your ruby ring so seeing you have a pendant made with the same style is a dream! :kiss2: It’s absolutely gorgeous and it looks fantastic on you!

What’s it look like from the back? Just curious.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_6779.gif

I have long been a fan of your ruby ring so seeing you have a pendant made with the same style is a dream! :kiss2: It’s absolutely gorgeous and it looks fantastic on you!

What’s it look like from the back? Just curious.

Aww, thank you so much! The back is totally open.

Ruby Pendant14.jpg

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
OMG, that is absolutely stunning!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love:I love the design and I also love that top! IIRK, you were a little worried about the color of the rubies. Well, you needn't be. They're beautifully toned and have great presence.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:I love the design and I also love that top! IIRK, you were a little worried about the color of the rubies. Well, you needn't be. They're beautifully toned and have great presence.

Thank you ItsMainlyYou! I was a little worried about the color of the rubies but they turned out ok. I have to say I love the center diamond in this setting so much more than in the Calla setting.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
After almost two years in the making it's finally here! Those that have been following this long saga know that I have been working on a custom ruby and diamond pendant that is the inverse of my ruby and diamond ring. I wanted to use the center stone in my Calla setting which is a gorgeous round .81 G VS2 AGS000, ISEE2 ideal cut stone. It took a while to source pear cut rubies that match my ring and then there was the long saga about what to put into the remaining Calla setting which took forever to decide. The smaller diamonds in the pendant are all F/G VS1s and there are 6 pear cut rubies, 1.20 cttw. It's not an exact match because of the round vs oval center stones but I like it that way. I can finally say it is here! Of course it has rained all day so no sun. I did the best I could with little in the way of lighting, lol.

Ruby Pendant4.jpg

Ruby Pendant5.jpg

Ruby Pendant6.jpg

Ruby Pendant7.jpg

Ruby Pendant13.jpg

What a beauty!! Your ring was one of tge inspiration pictures for the color I wanted in my little band. I love the pendant. It looks lovely on you.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty!! Your ring was one of tge inspiration pictures for the color I wanted in my little band. I love the pendant. It looks lovely on you.

Aww thank you!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
So so pretty! Enjoy!

nienna

Rough_Rock
That is STUNNING, what a great design with great stones!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous! It looks beautiful on you as well. I love it being the inverse of the ring; matchy but not matchy-matchy! Love it!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
What a simply gorgeous pendant. The rubies are so lively. ❤️

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love the inverse look of having the rubies around the edge. The are SO rich & juicy!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thank you so much! The back is totally open.

Ruby Pendant14.jpg

Thank you. It’s a lot more open than I expected it to be. It’s lovely!
And that diamond shines BRIGHT!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The rubies really stand out in this stunning pendant!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reactions: Mlh

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is STUNNING, what a great design with great stones!

Thank you nienna! I've always had it in my head that I wanted the design to be the inverse of the ring. Hopefully the sun will come out this afternoon so I can get some better photos.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally gorgeous!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous! It looks beautiful on you as well. I love it being the inverse of the ring; matchy but not matchy-matchy! Love it!

Thank you MissGotRocks! I toyed with the idea of making it an exact inverse but eventually decided not to do that. While the center diamond was always beautiful in the Calla setting I have to say that it really pops in this pendant. And the round pink sapphire I moved from the other setting has never looked as good as it does in the Calla setting. Serendipity I think!

Calla Ring3.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a simply gorgeous pendant. The rubies are so lively. ❤️

Thank you so much Farleysmom! They are lively little things. They have to be to stand up to the center stone, lol.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love the inverse look of having the rubies around the edge. The are SO rich & juicy!

Thank you Ally T! They really set off the center stone and the small diamonds almost make it look star-like.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. It’s a lot more open than I expected it to be. It’s lovely!
And that diamond shines BRIGHT!

It is quite open. More than I'm used to having. It surprised me that the center diamond looks so much better in this piece than in the ring setting.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rubies really stand out in this stunning pendant!

Thank you kathley! They make a big difference around that center stone.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally gorgeous!!!!

Thank you stracci2000! I just have one last piece of the puzzle left to go. The ruby pendant is done and the pink sapphire has been moved from its current setting to the Calla setting. Now I'm waiting on the black star sapphire to be set in the remaining setting. This may take a bit because the ring has to be rebuilt to hold a cabochon, along with the prongs being rebuilt.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results