shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
I am in contact with a vendor to make me a wide (1 1/2cm) eternity band of this "honeycomb" design. I am debating all 18k with platinum prongs and .02 diamonds set in the hexagonal spaces--all the way around OR all platinum. I would appreciate your thoughts and comments

honeycomb2.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE yellow gold, so that''s what I''d say. Hight carat yellow is coming back into style in a big way, so if you go in that direction, you''ll be leading the curve!

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
would you do just gold, gold with diamonds and gold prongs or gold with diamonds and platinum prongs?

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
any thoughts?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may be being stupid but where are the prongs on the ring? To me a prong (or claw) is something that holds a gemstone in place????? I think it might just be terminology but I can't work out what you are thinking of having in platinum (sorry)! so can't help.

ETA - ignore me, I've just re-read your post and see that you mean to hold the diamonds in the hexagonal spaces? Personally I love two-tone rings and I think it would look incredibly unique.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think leave it all metal without diamonds. The design is very unique, putting diamonds in all the slots would take away from the shape of the hexagons. I''m not usually a yellow gold person, but that would get my vote. It looks so rich in the photo you posted.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
yes--i thought all platinum mmight be too severe but gold with platinum prongs might be really stunning

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
TBH honest bgray I really like the ring - but if I''m reading your idea correctly, once you put diamonds in all the hexagons likely you will no longer be able to make out the pattern, and it will look like a "normal" pave band, no?

Sorry to be a downer - perhaps I don''t understand?

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm --i thought with the raised sides of the hexs it would keep the pattern distinct and the stones separated from one another.

Date: 2/3/2009 11:16:19 AM
Author: arjunajane
TBH honest bgray I really like the ring - but if I''m reading your idea correctly, once you put diamonds in all the hexagons likely you will no longer be able to make out the pattern, and it will look like a ''normal'' pave band, no?

Sorry to be a downer - perhaps I don''t understand?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 10:52:28 AM
Author: bgray
yes--i thought all platinum mmight be too severe but gold with platinum prongs might be really stunning

I was meaning all metal, no stones. I think it''d be hard to see the design, the hexagons, with prongs and diamonds.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 12:25:56 PM
Author: Addy
Date: 2/3/2009 10:52:28 AM

Author: bgray

I was meaning all metal, no stones. I think it''d be hard to see the design, the hexagons, with prongs and diamonds.

thanks Addy--that is my concern--it will be too busy and not really look how i imagine

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I kinda like the idea of a few randomly placed diamonds-- for a little interest (sparkle) but keeps the design distinct

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the randomly placed diamonds that was suggested...that would look really neat.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results