shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Ring Questions

stfstf

Rough_Rock
After looking at many rings, I finally feel ready to commit to replacing my current set with something like this which feels so much more like me.

Engagement Ring:
- I think I can find a similar setting
- 14k yellow gold
- I would really appreciate any help finding a champagne or warmer than usual 1.5-2 carat lab diamond that would go well with this design. I can definitely do smaller for a better cut. My budget would be around $900.

Wedding Band:
- yellow gold blue/teal/champage/diamond ombre ring
- I know it's kind of unconventional and extra to have an eternity ring with different stones but I love the idea

Other questions:
- I am considering working with reputable etsy jewelers to request a band like this. I live near Los Angeles but am overwhelmed when I think of finding a jeweler. I don't know a single person with a jeweler so I would be going off google reviews.
- Do you have any recommendations on how to improve the design? Or things I should consider?

I will keep looking into all of this but know people on here are very knowledgeable. Thank you in advance for any insight.

Ring Inspo.png

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Have you considered rose gold? Depending on the color of the diamond, it might look really good with it.

As for the band, I think I'd alternate one champagne diamond, then one blue-ish diamond. Or two champagnes, then two blue-ish. Otherwise, I think it might look confusing from normal viewing distance. Unless your plan is to have all champagne on one side and all blue on the other side, and rotate the band as desired for different looks?

You also might want to consider a plain, thin spacer band between the solitaire and the eternity ring.

I've had a few pieces made by David Klass and been very pleased.

Hope this helps. All just my opinion. Good luck with it! :)

stfstf

Rough_Rock
Have you considered rose gold? Depending on the color of the diamond, it might look really good with it.

As for the band, I think I'd alternate one champagne diamond, then one blue-ish diamond. Or two champagnes, then two blue-ish. Otherwise, I think it might look confusing from normal viewing distance. Unless your plan is to have all champagne on one side and all blue on the other side, and rotate the band as desired for different looks?

You also might want to consider a plain, thin spacer band between the solitaire and the eternity ring.

I've had a few pieces made by David Klass and been very pleased.

Hope this helps. All just my opinion. Good luck with it! :)

Thank you so much for your input! I appreciate it and will definitely take it into account

stfstf

Rough_Rock
After looking at many rings, I finally feel ready to commit to replacing my current set with something like this which feels so much more like me.

Engagement Ring:
- I think I can find a similar setting
- 14k yellow gold
- I would really appreciate any help finding a champagne or warmer than usual 1.5-2 carat lab diamond that would go well with this design. I can definitely do smaller for a better cut. My budget would be around $900.

Wedding Band:
- yellow gold blue/teal/champage/diamond ombre ring
- I know it's kind of unconventional and extra to have an eternity ring with different stones but I love the idea

Other questions:
- I am considering working with reputable etsy jewelers to request a band like this. I live near Los Angeles but am overwhelmed when I think of finding a jeweler. I don't know a single person with a jeweler so I would be going off google reviews.
- Do you have any recommendations on how to improve the design? Or things I should consider?

I will keep looking into all of this but know people on here are very knowledgeable. Thank you in advance for any insight.

Ring Inspo.png

I realized I’m open to a really warm stone that is not necessarily considered a “champagne” stone but I think I like the “buttery” look as I heard someone describe it.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Keep in mind that warmer lab stones are harder to come by. Given the technology, most stones end up D-G because that’s where the lab market could make the most impact. Even on the Rocky Talky forum, there’s a thread about how it’s tough to find MNOP colored stones.

We can definitely help you find an excellent cut GH and possibly I stone. Then perhaps you warm it up with yellow or @seaurchin’s great suggestion of rose gold. But is that too far off from “warm-champagne” for you?

I think there are some Etsy sellers who sell warm diamonds, but there aren’t magnified videos, so it’s hard to judge cut and quality. Plus I’m not sure how many of those are certified.

And yes - since you’re in LA, you could use David Klass, but I’m sure he will cost a bit.

I’m in LA and had my 2.17 solitaire set by Sam in the Diamond District at Diamond Center Inc 213-622-9090 or 213-677-6797. It’s that huge building at 607 S Hill, #300. Lovely couple! He will make you CADs, and you can decide. For reference, my double claw 14k white gold setting, simple 1.8mm band was $600 with excellent craftsmanship. No hassle about setting my Brian Gavin outside stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results