shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Ring Pics!!! And the Proposal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

synth19

Rough_Rock
Thanks to Lesley at White Flash for getting me an AWESOME ring! She worked with me to design this masterpiece! It looks 100x better in person, but I thought you guys might be interested in seeing the magnified shots. The setting is Platnium with about 30 sidestones @ around .60 ct's. Specs are essentially the same as the centerstone:

Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 0.920
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 62.1
Table: 55
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.6
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion %: 42.8
Girdle: 1.0%-1.8% FACETED
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.22-6.25X3.87

Here is the wax mold of the ring during the design phase:

wax.jpg

The actual Ring:

ring44.jpg

The proposal:

Thanks guys- The engagement didn’t go exactly as planned, but it worked out in the end. We went to mass at this really nice Cathedral in downtown Toronto on Sunday, afterwards we went to a museum and spent a few hours there. I had a suggestion to take her to this outdoor spot called “Edward Gardens” (it’s pretty sweet…has waterfalls, bridges, etc) but the weather wasn’t cooperating and she wasn’t feeling well. I tried to convince her by telling her there was a really nice restaurant in the middle of the gardens and we should go (btw, this restaurant is non-existent, I just said that to get her to go). It was kinda far and I didn’t want to press the issue in fear she may get suspicious, so we decided not to go.

Now I had to go to plan B….we went back to her house and chilled for a bit and then got ready for dinner. We went to this restaurant that actually was a converted Victorian style Mansion. It was really nice, and elegant. The best part was we were the ONLY people in the restaurant the entire night. It was as if the restaurant closed for us! So I gave her a card at the end of the dinner since it was also our anniversary..it was sentimental so she was kinda crying while reading it. Then while this was going on I took the ring and placed it under the table. When she got done reading the card I went over to her side and talked to her, gave her a kiss and then was on my knee… she had no idea what was going on, she thought I was just being there for her since she was emotional…So before she could figure anything out I said my thing and proposed. She was totally shocked and really happy. It was an awesome feeling. The best part was she LOVED the ring and said “this is the best engagement ring I’ve ever seen!”

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!
appl.gif
appl.gif

It's beautiful
love.gif
. So different from traditional erings. How special that you were so involved with the whole designing process. I also enjoyed working w/Whiteflash.

Lovely proposal btw. Please post some hand shots. We love those
2.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
VERY cool ring! Love the swirl of diamonds! Congratulations!
appl.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Took my breath away! So beautiful!

cheers

Sharon

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh that's wonderful. So sweet and romantic. Thanks for sharing your proposal with us.
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

The ring is beautiful.
love.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that is so pretty! GREAT story!!!!

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh, the ring came out great!!! i love love love it.
love.gif
congrats!

any chance of getting some hand pics?
naughty.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning Ring
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Congratulations!!!!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet proposal and beautiful ring! Congratulations on your engagement.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Gawgeous!!!
love.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful proposal! The ring is GORGEOUS too! Congratulations.
1.gif

synth19

Rough_Rock
thanks everyone, I tried to take some hand shots, but they came out awful! Because of the bling blingness of the ring, it just shines too much! Damn the H&A cut! Any suggestions on how to take good pics? Take out the flash?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
WOW- it turned out soo beautiful synth
love.gif
very nicely done!
Great proposal story too
appl.gif
Congratulations!!

Gorgeous ring! Wonderful story. It all turned out just how it was supposed to. Enjoy your new status.

Your email has gotten me excited as we are having a ring made by WhiteFlash and I can't wait to get it back!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/27/2004 11:13:31 AM synth19 wrote:

thanks everyone, I tried to take some hand shots, but they came out awful! Because of the bling blingness of the ring, it just shines too much! Damn the H&A cut! Any suggestions on how to take good pics? Take out the flash?
----------------
Yeah , but want to see those blingy shots. That's not awful- it's sparkle.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful ring and beautiful proposal!!!! Co
appl.gif
ngrats to you both!!!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Synth. Your story is lovely, and the ring is beautiful.
appl.gif
Good luck to you both. Any ideas about a wedding band? I'm sure WF will make the perfect complimentary ring for that e-ring. Keep trying to get some good hand pics. Turn off the flash and use the macro setting. I try to stay out of direct sunlight -- too much bling. We'll be waiting . . . . .

DiamondLil

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
GORGEOUS ring!! It's really unique - love it! Congrats on your engagement -what a sweet story!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
The ring is gorgeous and the proposal sounds like it was perfect!

synth19

Rough_Rock
Girlfriend is in Toronto right now (I'm in Chicago), so I won't be able to get more pics of the hand for another 2 weeks guys.... But thanks for the advice, will try the macro setting/no flash route.

In regards to the actual wedding band, it will have to be custom made to conform to the eRing. What do you think? Simple platnium or with diamonds?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. It's so very unique. As far as the band goes, this is Pricescope. DIAMONDS!!!!
9.gif

Shay

sluke

Shiny_Rock
WOW!...to both the ring and proposal! Congratulations!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/27/2004 1:55:44 PM synth19 wrote:

In regards to the actual wedding band, it will have to be custom made to conform to the eRing. What do you think? Simple platnium or with diamonds?
----------------

Silly Synth, with diamonds, of course!!!

2.gif
love.gif
9.gif

DaimondLil

reena

Ideal_Rock
diamonds!

but, due to the shape of the ring, i'm having a hard time imagining how you're going to get a w-band to sit with that at all?

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmm... cool swirl..
love.gif

If I got a ring like this for my e-ring, I wouldn't wear it together with a w-ring. The w-ring will have to be on its own on my left hand...

However, if you want to fit a w-ring flush against the curve on the e-ring, I'm sure it can be done. The w-ring will probably look more like the one in this pic:

3.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I really like this ering--it is beautiful, different and interesting.
love.gif
Congrats and enjoy!
1.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
That ring is so pretty! The center stone is AMAZING and looks way bigger than .92 to me.. I don't know if its the setting, or what, but its awesome. I love to see something "different"

Melissa

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
The ring turned out great, and that''s a tear-jerker of a proposal story! Congratulations!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Shoshana

Rough_Rock
That ring really is a Masterpiece
30.gif
It makes the center stone look huge. so beautiful !!!

Love the proposal story too
36.gif

synth19

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys, the ring is so magnificent in person.... hand shots coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results