shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom ring in two weeks...can/should it be done? Design inside.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

detzdotnet

Rough_Rock
Well, I need it by the 13th either way, custom or not. I would like to add my personal touch because it would mean that much more. Two weeks is not a long time, would that be enough time to get a custom ring designed and created?

Here is my idea, anyone know of a ring like this?

It would be a princess on top, about 1ct. And then small blue sapphires for the first three down the sides and small diamonds the last three...on both sides. I don't even know if this would look good I just know she likes princess cut and sapphires. :)

rr.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 5:50:06 PM
Author:detzdotnet
Well, I need it by the 13th either way, custom or not. I would like to add my personal touch because it would mean that much more. Two weeks is not a long time, would that be enough time to get a custom ring designed and created?

It would be a princess on top, about 1ct. And then small blue sapphires for the first three down the sides and small diamonds the last three...on both sides. I don''t even know if this would look good I just know she likes princess cut and sapphires. :)

Sorry to say but I don''t think that a custom ring could be done in 2 - 3 weeks - especially since Christmas is soon approaching. Usually they say about 4 - 6 but, fingers crossed maybe anything can happen. No harm asking whoever you are going to have making it.

With regards to your sketches ... it looks lovely & I love the idea of sapphires especially if you lady loves them. I posted a picture of a setting that I found and like on a designer''s website in another thread somewhere, however, your drawing looked very similar to it, so I thought I would provide a link for you so that you could take a look and inquire with the designer or get more ideas for your sketch. The designer is Judith Conway.

I hope you like it and good luck with your quest ... Click here

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, most custom rings take at least 4 weeks and that isn''t during the x-mas rush. You could certainly call around...but I think it''s unlikely.

Could you possibly send it off anyway and propose with a placeholder ring and tell her the custom ring is on the way? Or better yet, propose with a placeholder and then pick the ring out TOGETHER?

cara

Ideal_Rock
I like your sketch much better than either the judith conway or the whiteflash ring you posted about in the other thread (for a princess) !!

Maybe alternating sapphires and diamonds in the groups of 3 pave sidestones (rather than one bunch of sapph, one bunch of diamonds) so you have the contrast of sparkle and blue?

BUT BUT BUT... No way to the 2 week custom job with a hard deadline. Its not worth it. Any vendor that could take it on and guarantee that it would be done then, in this season, doesn''t have enough other business
7.gif
don''t push it.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sure you could find a stock setting with sapphires and diamonds alternating. I prefer that look, myself, and I think it would be more visually pleasing than having 3 sapphires and then 3 diamonds. (That might just look odd, in my opinion-no offense meant!)

I think you could definitely get the diamond and stock setting together in this amount of time. I would e-mail or call Whiteflash and Good Old Gold (like...NOW!)
3.gif
and see what they can come up with for a diamond (both carry gorgeous AGS 0 princesses) and setting in 2-3 weeks. I bet either one could make it happen for you.

Good luck and keep us posted!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Someone here just got a blue sapphire and diamond setting from Blue Nile.com. It was gorgeous! How about adding something engraved on the inside of the ring to make it personal? Most customs on slow months quote 4 weeks.

1) http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=6239&page=1&show_all_pages=1&col=3&row=2&pos=6&set_shape=

2) http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=4910&page=1&show_all_pages=1&col=2&row=5&pos=14&set_shape= (my fav of the two!)

I might be remembering wrong, but I believe James Allen has sapphire and diamond settings.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Your drawing looks a lot like that Michael B "lace" design...Have you seen that one? You wouldn''t have to make it up custom so it''d be faster...or, I think the idea of proposing without a ring and choosing one together is a great idea. I think guys think they have to have the ring to propose. I got the proposal first, then we got the ring. I think it''s fine either way. My point it, get her what she loves, and dont try to fit a purchase this monumental into a short time frame...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would absolutely get the diamond set in an inexpensive solitaire and let her pick out the setting with you. I LOVE sapphires, but I would never want them set on my e-ring band like that. Save the sapphires for a beautiful right hand ring someday! You really do not have time to have a custom ring made anyway.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 5:50:06 PM
Author:detzdotnet

It would be a princess on top, about 1ct. And then small blue sapphires for the first three down the sides and small diamonds the last three...on both sides. I don''t even know if this would look good I just know she likes princess cut and sapphires. :)
Sorry ... I think I previously posted this info to the wrong thread, however, I''m posting the info below for you just in case you are still looking ...

Found this setting ... It is style number EM524 ... Click here
Don''t know if it works for you, however, I came across it and thought I would share.

Also, although the ring does not have a Princess cut center stone, if you are looking for a visual of what sapphires might look like if you chose to place them as the sidestones, style number EM514SA, might give you a better idea.

Let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results