shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom ring for new Mom!

John2point0

Rough_Rock
Hi Friends,

I'm looking for some advice / opinions on the best way to go about buying/commissioning a custom ring for my wonderful wife. She just gave birth to our beautiful daughter and fell in love with this ring that she saw (somewhere?)

Im thinking about going with a 1ish ct diamond to pair with a pearl. She does not have a preference for natural or lab grown on the diamond (or pearl if that is a thing), so whatever is more economical would be what Id prefer, unless there is a big drop off in quality or something.

Questions:
Should I buy the stones separate and commission the setting?
- If so, where would you recommend I shop for the diamond, pearl, and setting?
Is there somewhere I can buy a ring like this without having it custom made?

Thanks in advance! you guys are great!

Yours,

Steve

Diamond and Pearl ring.PNG

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a drop dead gorgouse ring
Oh and congradulations on becoming a dad !

Just bear in mind pearl is soft and over time you may have to replace the pearl
Pearls arnt too good for every day wear and can't be cleaned in an ultra sonic cleaner, and wont like exposure to shampoo or hand sanatizers etc

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm. That is a lovely ring! I can see why she loves it.
The diamond cut appears to be an old mine.
The style is a toi et moi ring. You could try googling that with the inclusion of the stones in the search terms.
I searched diamond and pearl toi et moi ring and there are lots of very pretty rings. I didn’t see your example though.
Where are you based? Do you have more pictures of the ring from the side etc to see how those swoopy parts look?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you sure its not just the design that she loves? Many of us love old antique rings for their historical presence as well as
for their beauty. I would hate to see you make a "new" ring but have it not be what she is after.

Try, as @foxinsox mentioned, googling for antique Toi et moi rings.

Real old cut stones

I know very little about pearls but we do have a Pearl Forum on Pricescope here where they can help you find a pearl.

You may be able to find a Lab Grown diamond but not many vendors cut them in Old Mine style. We do have a lab-grown forum
here where they can point you in the right direction.

David Klass would be my choice for a custom ring. This is him on instragram

Here are a couple of Toi et moi rings that he has created (not pearl and diamond though)

Do you have a budget for this ring that you want to stay in? That might help us to help you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results