shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom pearl eternity band - mini gold akoya in CvB Legacy :-)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oh my word. I knew this had you written all over it the moment I saw it on her IG.

This is just breathtaking @yssie - another work of art added to your collection…

There is something incredible about the tendril-like prongs reaching around to grasp each of the beautiful, glowing pearls.

The color of peach gold and the natural pearls is just a match made in heaven…

Well done.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my word. I knew this had you written all over it the moment I saw it on her IG.

This is just breathtaking @yssie - another work of art added to your collection…

There is something incredible about the tendril-like prongs reaching around to grasp each of the beautiful, glowing pearls.

Well done.

I know!! The setting is so delicate, I love it. So feminine.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is beautiful and so unlike anything I've seen. A bracelet would be very lovely.
Thank you!!

A full bangle really would be amazing. Yup. @lissyflo definitely needs one. :bigsmile:

Gorgeous!
Thank you :bigsmile:

Amazing!!!
Thank you!! ::)

Knock me over with a feather - OMG !! I'm speechless. That ring is a masterpiece.
I know!! The setting is so delicate, I love it. So feminine.
Thank you so much Ann! :bigsmile: Caysie did such a wonderful job with the mount. There's exactly as much metal as there needs to be and not a whit more - and I think the prongs look like crowns... One crown for every pearl princess :love:

Love the photo of the ring with the kernals!! Should be in a magazine!!!
The tone and size of the pearls yummy!! Beautiful ring!! Great idea too! So antique, modern, elegant and cool!!
Thank you!! ::) That's so kind of you. This ring photographed a dream :love: I mentioned in another post to someone else - I wanted cinnamon sticks for the photos but apparently we've been out for months... So popcorn it was. Sadly the multicoloured kernels still pop white, what a disappointment! :(:lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Needlessly harsh mistress? No, I don't think so.

Exacting? Yes, absolutely.

Nothing wrong with that.
MrsBlue - thank you, for saying that ::)

I do think the RT forum tends to attract people who are exacting. That's a good word. The pearls world - to someone who does operate that way - isn't really a very welcoming place.

Now that I've played in this world for a bit I know enough to know that there aren't any absolutes. Some asks might be more difficult, might take longer to fulfill, but very little is in that just never ever gonna happen category! But it took me a long time and some pricey mistakes to figure it out. I'm hopeful that my posts here will help someone else be more confident about what he or she wants early on, and maybe I can help someone else avoid my own expensive mistakes - choosing mind-clean pearls with confident eyes and confident heart ❤️

Really. Thank you. ::)

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well done.
Thank you so much love ❤️

Caysie had wondered if anyone would recognize the hand :lol: Fair question, I suppose, we all see each others' hands and ears and necks so often on here!! :lol: I do feel like this ring is totally, completely "me". More than the diamond eternity reset would have been.

I've been waffling on having Erika set a pearl into her Grace solitaire... On the one hand - I know I'd LOVE that ring. But on the other - do I really need two pearl rings? I definitely won't be doing anything until next year - I really do need that money tree to sprout first :twisted2:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much love ❤️

Caysie had wondered if anyone would recognize the hand :lol: Fair question, I suppose, we all see each others' hands and ears and necks so often on here!! :lol: I do feel like this ring is totally, completely "me". More than the diamond eternity reset would have been.

I've been waffling on having Erika set a pearl into her Grace solitaire... On the one hand - I know I'd LOVE that ring. But on the other - do I really need two pearl rings? I definitely won't be doing anything until next year - I really do need that money tree to sprout first :twisted2:

I totally get it. I love an atypical eternity ring. This ring screams you. Heck, it shouts it from the rooftops! I would've known who commissioned it regardless.

So, I am going to play the part of the little devil on your shoulder...

Does anyone need two pearl rings? Well, no.

....Buuuuuut I bet there it would be something wonderfully satisfying about having a pearl eternity AND a pearl solitaire in the same collection. Ladies do it with diamonds, why not with pearls? I peg you for a completionist.

I also can't think of a person on God's green earth who would appreciate an Erika Winters + gemmy pearl duet more than you!

So, I will leave it at that. :evil2:

P.S. If you find that money tree, all I ask is that you save me a branch and I will help you cut that sucker down :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally get it. I love an atypical eternity ring. This ring screams you. Heck, it shouts it from the rooftops! I would've known who commissioned it regardless.

So, I am going to play the part of the little devil on your shoulder...

Does anyone need two pearl rings? Well, no.

....Buuuuuut I bet there it would be something wonderfully satisfying about having a pearl eternity AND a pearl solitaire in the same collection. Ladies do it with diamonds, why not with pearls? I peg you for a completionist.

I also can't think of a person on God's green earth who would appreciate an Erika Winters + gemmy pearl duet more than you!

So, I will leave it at that. :evil2:

P.S. If you find that money tree, all I ask is that you save me a branch and I will help you cut that sucker down :lol:
The devil that's already on my shoulder welcomes you and says there's plenty of space, feel free to stay as long as you like. Completionist, indeed... EW set, indeed...

The angel on the other shoulder would like to remind both devils that there's still that pesky mortgage to take care of, sadly. But I'll call ya when the tree shows some sign of life :lol:

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Or...maybe your Tahitian bracelet wants a custom clasp made by Erika?

*daydreams*

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Ohmygoodness, I saw this on IG & immediately thought it had to belong to someone here!!! I should have known who! ;-) It is stunning!!!!!!!!!!! (Yes, it does require that many exclamation points!) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohmygoodness, I saw this on IG & immediately thought it had to belong to someone here!!! I should have known who! ;-) It is stunning!!!!!!!!!!! (Yes, it does require that many exclamation points!) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
:bigsmile: :love: Thank you so much Cinders!!! I’ve been wearing it pretty much every day since I got it and it’s holding up nicely so far!! ::)

It does get a LOT more attention than I ever expected, I have to say!! I don’t think any other ring I own has gotten this many compliments from strangers - and I don’t normally think of pearls as terribly popular!

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
:bigsmile: :love: Thank you so much Cinders!!! I’ve been wearing it pretty much every day since I got it and it’s holding up nicely so far!! ::)

It does get a LOT more attention than I ever expected, I have to say!! I don’t think any other ring I own has gotten this many compliments from strangers - and I don’t normally think of pearls as terribly popular!

People aren't used to seeing great designs that feature pearls.
The only other pieces I've seen that have similar richness and contrast are these from Paspaley.

Attachments

• paspaley.png
    paspaley.png
    397 KB · Views: 8

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only other pieces I've seen that have similar richness and contrast are these from Paspaley.

Would you believe that one of my three remaining pearl projects - before I cut myself off from pearls, done, forever and ever - is actually a Lavalier net? Just need to finish a few other things first… #MindReading :bigsmile:

Last edited:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Would you believe that one of my three remaining pearl projects - before I cut myself off from pearls, done, forever and ever - is actually a Lavalier net? Just need to finish a few other things first… #MindReading :bigsmile:

Your pearl ring is a dreamy, heavenly apparition, @yssie Congratulations on a beautiful project completed, and thank you for the most delicious pearl eye-candy.

Now, about that bolded part, above...I think it needs a qualifier:

"...before I cut myself off from pearls, done, forever and ever..." said no one ever, whose name is Yssie. :lol: :saint: I for one, would miss seeing your marvellous visions come to life!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Oh. My. !!!! Just seeing this thread..

when I saw Caysie post this to her IG, I knew immediately that that had to be dreamt from Yssie - and was undoubtedly her lovely design (and lovely hand)!!!

It’s so perfectly feminine, yet also bada$$. LOVE!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SparklieBug @LALove Y'all are so sweet!!

I've been wearing this every day since I got it!! If you'd asked me three years ago whether a pearl band would ever see the light of day I'd have looked at you funny - and here I am :lol: I LOVE this band SO much. Seriously. Low on the bling factor and easy to wear but still manages to make a #Statement. And I love watching these mini golds change personality with the weather and lighting... And this peach gold is just right for my colouring - I need more peach gold!! :love:

Thank you both so much!! :love:

Django74th

Shiny_Rock

@yssie — your band is simply gorgeous. I love the minimalist design that lets the beauty of the pearl and the intricacy of the craftsmanship show through. Amazing!

I’m curious — I’m still learning about pearls. Would the gold chain net rub and scratch the pearl with every movement? I know pearls are delicate, just not sure how delicate. I love the concept.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie — your band is simply gorgeous. I love the minimalist design that lets the beauty of the pearl and the intricacy of the craftsmanship show through. Amazing!

I’m curious — I’m still learning about pearls. Would the gold chain net rub and scratch the pearl with every movement? I know pearls are delicate, just not sure how delicate. I love the concept.

I had exactly this question! I asked Paspaley - the net holds the pearl quite snugly, so it’s not spinning or free-floating inside. And the metal that touches the pearl is smooth and polished with no sharp edges.

All that said, South Seas do have extremely thick nacre in comparison to akoya - I don’t know that I’d be super comfy regularly putting an akoya into one of these…

Nymf

Shiny_Rock
This is so incredibly beautiful!!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I've loved Caysie's Legacy eternity style since I first saw it :love:

I'd intended to send her one of my diamond eternities to reset... But just a few days before I planned to ship out Takahashi posted a few lots of naturally-coloured mini akoya. And I couldn't possibly resist. And then I got them, and, well, why not have that Legacy made with pearls instead of diamonds? It seemed like the general style - curvy, flowy, and feminine - would suit nicely. And a custom pearl band would be totally different for me!! Caysie loved the idea so off they went :bigsmile:

Pictures from Takahashi - Yy chose mine from the top left lot. All 4-4.5mm. I asked for eighteen that were strong pink and well-matched in size and colour and as always she delivered, they're all beautifully lustrous and fabulously iridescent and all within 0.1mm :appl:

201499690_235530478027615_1894077356347942745_n.jpg

201811236_969377443820788_8452191061387865807_n.jpg

202463103_669100447806898_2625189528858458502_n.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

We decided on 20k "peach gold" to match the colour of the pearls as closely as possible. I had some vague waffles about whether the Legacy prong style would actually translate well into cupping fully round stones... Then the CADs came in, picture perfect, absolutely nothing to have worried over!! The ring used fifteen pearls and ended up right at size 5. I'll wear it on my right hand, just used the left for some of the photos ::)

CAD1.PNG

CAD2.PNG

Turns out the pins inside the cups can be safely cast if they're 0.8mm or wider, but smaller than 0.8mm becomes much more challenging. Fortunately I'd asked Takahashi to half-drill my lot with a 0.8mm bit so I was right on the right side of that minimum pin size.

1633753186618.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Caysie's pic!! :cool2:

CAYSIE1.jpg

wwwooowww!!! This is so incredible!! I absolutely adore the design!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it tactless or rude to call dibs if you ever sell it?
Know what. I don’t care. Diiiiiibs

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't see this the first time around. Holy Moly that's an exquisite ring and absolute perfection on your hand.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results