shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom peach tourmaline ring project with Michelle Mai and Daniel M

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
Earlier this year I had the pleasure of working with Michelle Mai on a custom stone. The flowers in the photo below are the color I was hoping for. Something peach/salmon/pad colored but not with the 5 digit price tag. I know this color would be easier to find in a lab stone but I preferred something natural. Michelle was wonderful to work with and cut me a beautiful peach tourmaline from her collection of rough that fit easily in my small budget. Its more pink and orange in natural light and more apricot in artificial light. It also has some faint symmetrical color banding which I enjoy. Its 3.17 carats and about 9.1mm. Ring design and photos to come.
IMG_1916.JPG
IMG_1891.JPG

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
I worked with Daniel M on this design. I knew I wanted a scalloped type design with fleur de lis corners. (Spoiler alert, these ended up being way too pointy and scratched me and my 4 children, so I sent it back for Daniel to smooth out the 4 points and now it is MUCH more wearable!)
IMG_1908.jpg

I look forward to seeing the finished ring!! Lovely stone... it looks like peach brandy.
1899448obhhwxi0xs.gif

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’d also love to know about that ring you have - green tourm? It’s beautiful!

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
I’d also love to know about that ring you have - green tourm? It’s beautiful!

In my profile picture? Thank you! Thats a Columbian emerald with a custom family piece remake by Sako!

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
I love stones that look like a sunset rather than the very pale pad ideal! Can’t wait to see hand shots!

Yes I definitely like more bright and saturated...honestly lab pad is like my ideal color.

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
I feel like I'm the worst at hand shots. Probably cause I'm using an iphone in the drop off line. I should try harder. Anyway, here she is! Great finger coverage. Very wearable for a regular day of preschool drop off and Spanish lessons. IMG_1936.jpg IMG_1939.jpg IMG_1937.jpg IMG_1936.jpg
IMG_1936.jpg

Oh so unique!! The cut of the stone, the bezel, the subtle fleur de lis accents, the richness of color. This piece just really looks custom. I also like how the tourmaline's color goes from a deeper tone in artificial light to a more delicate one in natural light. Beautiful, enjoy!!

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
Oh so unique!! The cut of the stone, the bezel, the subtle fleur de lis accents, the richness of color. This piece just really looks custom. I also like how the tourmaline's color goes from a deeper tone in artificial light to a more delicate one in natural light. Beautiful, enjoy!!

Very kind words, thank you! This was a lower budget project but I'm very happy with how it turns out!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It really is, that's an eye catching mount. I'm so happy that the very cool bicolor effect wasn't lost upon setting because it's everything.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the subtle contrast between the melee and the center stone -- and between the "geometric" bezel and the softer, more fluid halo. It is unique and eye-catching! Very pretty!

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
It’s beautiful! I love the way the color of the center & melee play off the yellow gold. It’s unexpected and delightful. I love it! :kiss2:

Thank you - that means a lot because I adore your style and taste!

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
It really is, that's an eye catching mount. I'm so happy that the very cool bicolor effect wasn't lost upon setting because it's everything.

Thank you yes it is still there for sure! Between the bi color effect and the color change happening from sun to shade to indoor light, you really never know what you are going to get! its full of surprises!

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
Love the subtle contrast between the melee and the center stone -- and between the "geometric" bezel and the softer, more fluid halo. It is unique and eye-catching! Very pretty!

I love how you said that - thank you! Always getting so much inspiration from all of you here!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results