shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Michael B ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

toothfairy

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I really love this Michael B pave ring, however the price is just too high. Since you guys are so amazing here on Pricescope, I was wondering if you have any ideas where I can get a ring similar to this that is around 1000-1300 dollars? I like the 3 row pave diamond setting that is 2mm or less in width. I also like the fact that diamonds are going up the prongs. Is there another designer that makes a ring like this? Also, should I go custom? Would that be expensive though? Like 1500 dollars? If I should go custom, is there a good custom maker in the baltimore/dc area?

Thanks so much for your help! I really need it.

http://store.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry/view/2968/1016/

I can''t upload the pic, so I sent the link

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
First of all, welcome!!! I have been exploring custom pave settings, and they are EXPENSIVE. If you want platinum, the cheapest I have come across of a custom w/ pave was $2500 and that ring had much much less pave than these Michael B rings.

Pave is very labor intensive...and therefore very expensive. Your best bet is probably to try and find a stock setting as similar as possible. It will be much cheaper than custom. Good old Gold, Pearlmans, and Knox all have a good selection of more inexpensive settings as well...but I don't know if you'll be able to find something within your budget with that much detail.

If I come across any I will let you know, best of luck!

ETA: I think Quest is in the DC area...and they are known to do very good work around here.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
To be totally honest with you, based on my search for settings I think a well-made 3-sided pave setting is well outside of you budget. You may be able to find a one-sided pave setting in WG without too much detail work in your budget, but even that might be a stretch.

However, there are people on this board who know more about settings than me.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2007 3:28:33 PM
Author:toothfairy
Hello,

I really love this Michael B pave ring, however the price is just too high. Since you guys are so amazing here on Pricescope, I was wondering if you have any ideas where I can get a ring similar to this that is around 1000-1300 dollars? I like the 3 row pave diamond setting that is 2mm or less in width. I also like the fact that diamonds are going up the prongs. Is there another designer that makes a ring like this? Also, should I go custom? Would that be expensive though? Like 1500 dollars? If I should go custom, is there a good custom maker in the baltimore/dc area?

Thanks so much for your help! I really need it.

http://store.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry/view/2968/1016/

I can't upload the pic, so I sent the link
All I can say is wow, good luck getting a 10k ring for under 2k!! And - don't forget that you get what you pay for!

Actually I'm thinking good luck finding it in 3-4k range!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Michael B does carry a premium for the name but I agree with the others that I doubt you''d be able to have someone make something similar for under 2K. I agree with Cehra that even 3-4k might be tough using a quality custom jeweler and there is definitely truth to all pave is not crated equal and getting what you pay for. You have a nice budget and I would suggest using toward a high quality one sided pave ring that you can have confindence will last.

rjdodd

Shiny_Rock
For 1.5ctw in pave diamonds I think you''re looking at $1,500+ for the pave stones alone, then the metal, and the work on top of that. With pt at $1,200/oz too.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2007 5:54:47 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Michael B does carry a premium for the name but I agree with the others that I doubt you''d be able to have someone make something similar for under 2K. I agree with Cehra that even 3-4k might be tough using a quality custom jeweler and there is definitely truth to all pave is not crated equal and getting what you pay for. You have a nice budget and I would suggest using toward a high quality one sided pave ring that you can have confindence will last.
Ditto. I think either you up the budget, or pick something else. I would only go with a jeweler like Leon Mege for this kind of setting. Pave is labor intensive. And if not done properly you could have major trouble on your hands. I''d only go about it if you can up the budget to 4K or so. You can consider not having three sided pave, how about one sided. That will bring the cost down. And think about your wedding ring. Last thing you want is diamonds rubbing against diamonds. Good luck, sounds like a fun project.

toothfairy

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your information. I really appreciate it and now realize that my price range is too low! =) I just found this ring

http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Search/JewelrySearchDetails.asp?sSKU=97642

It is about 1,500. Is that a good deal. Why is it when I go to Bergio''s main website, they don''t have that style in their collection. Does that mean it is discontinued? Is it too good to be true?

Thank you!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well the first thing that I see is that it is WG and palladium, not platinum. That will certainly knock the price down some. Also, you know no center stone is included right? If it''s in your budget, you could go for it. But remember, with pave you usually get what you pay for. I don''t think this ring will be nearly the quality of the Michael B...but it''s in your budget so if you love it, go for it!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

toothfairy

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for all your responses!! I really like the knox rings and the Vatche rings. I really think that I will get either one of those. THey are a reasonable price~ ~THank you to all that have helped and took time to search for me!! I appreciate it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results