shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom-made Solitaire Settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Highlander

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am not happy with the standard settings sold on blue nile, etc. I am looking for web sites, or catalogues to get and idea of settings that I like.

The stone is 1.0 ct. round cut.

thanks

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Just do a serach for engagement rings or solitaire engagement rings. You'll find tons. Also check on pricescope for the vendors the recommend. Most, if not all, sell settings, not just diamonds.

Edit: I have been reading a lot about tradeshop.com

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
Highlander,

I know your feelings exactly. My girl hates the standard prong setting...not only is it too common, but she is pretty rough on her jewelery, so I had to look at bezel settings to protect the diamond.

I actually found my design (or the basis of my design) on adiamondisforever.com. Though they are the essence of all evil
sick.gif
, I found that their "Browse Settings" had so many different designs that it was hard to not find something I liked. Because of the way the site is set up, you have to spend a lot of time clicking (and you will see repeats as early as the first page). If/When you find something you like, you will be in for your next challenge...finding the setting. I found it easiest to email DPS.org and ask...but I am currently overseas, so my situation is a bit difficult. Check out this thread to read about finding the setting.

There is a post on here somewhere...can't find it immediately. Do a search for "links" or "list of sites"...something like that. Someone compiled a nice list of sites for everything from diamonds to settings to insurance.
(can someone else remember where that post is?? Leonid?
confused.gif
)

Or you can go to someone like www.ringdesigner.com. They have some great stuff, and will customize/custom make.

The search is long and hard
read.gif
, but you will find something that makes you so happy that you will know it's the right one.
appl.gif

Hope this gave you a starting point,
Stu

slyons29

Rough_Rock

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm there are TONS of sites. There is a huge post..I think its called 'Compilation of Ring Settings' or something.

Check out www.whiteflash.com 's setting section. They have a good # of solitaires in diff styles, about 10 maybe? I was considering a few (e.g. Fine Line was beautiful esp on side view) but we ended up going custom. I saw many other settings on many other sites as well, but in the end custom was the way to go for us!

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results