shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom made ring done fast???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know if I can get a custom ring made fast? Say 2 weeks? I have a rhino model file that I could send to whoever would do it.. and hopefully it would be less than what my local place is telling me.

Thanks!
Ukieza

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try Quest Manufacturing they use the cad/cam software. I am currently having a setting done by them and they quoted me 2 weeks and the price was very very good.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a link to Diamondlil''s ring done by Quest. there are pics of the cad drawings, the wax, and the finished ring.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
i believe whiteflash generally says 10 business days also, and there are many great examples around here of their custom work!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Noobie has also worked with Quest. Here''s a link to his experience

I have used WF too. You could give them a call for a quote.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the Whiteflash recommendation. I have had several custom items made by them, and all were completed in 10 working days or less!
1.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
What''s wrong with the wax you got today?

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Well, the things wrong with my wax is that the prongs don''t look too much like my design, the angles are screwed up and the european shank is almost non-existant. The european shank was one of the reasons I really wanted to do it... so that upsets me a bit.

Plus, it''s not just the wax, it''s the way this jeweler seems to be treating me and the way the do their business. It makes me concerned... mostly that I won''t get the piece on time but also that I''m going to get screwed in the end. I probably could get this ring done a bit cheaper. If I bring in my own diamond they won''t put a waranty on the mounting and stuff... only if I use their diamonds. Currenly they have nothing that is a AGS0 rated princess where I could get one from diamondexperts. But anyway.. I was just looking for options incase I really needed them.

Thanks everyone for your posts. I tried contacting Quest through their mail on their site but got nothing back from them yet. Maybe they are on vacation? Maybe I''ll just phone them. Maybe I''ll phone whiteflash too.

Thanks again!
Ukieza

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since you are have a timeline you are working in, i would suggest calling both vendors. emails have been known to get lost in cyberspace or take a bit of time to get answered depending on how busy the vendor is. I have been able to speak with someone regarding my projects everytime I called either WF or Quest.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results