shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom made gold ring with Jade Cabochon?

MasterMkombo

Shiny_Rock
After doing some thinking I’ve decided that a pure Jadeite hololith ring isn’t the decision I want to go with and I’m looking at gold rings with a cabochon.

I currently have a local jeweller who specializes in jade that could deliver but it would be nice to get some other quotes.

Do you know of any online dealers
who specialize in custom made rings and also sell cabochons?

I’m also wondering, would it be cheaper to source my own cabochon then have a jeweller make the gold ring and have it set?

Im looking for something similar in style to this, excluding the diamonds. Im not quite set on the exact idea but wanted to start shopping around.

80D13D15-29C0-41DD-8C86-8B4BAAAD7CC3.jpeg 8A0BDB1C-0AAF-40D1-AC21-3FA03BFC5737.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallo!!!!

Add this account on WeChat. A whole bunch of other accounts will then add you.

A66819760814

Then you can go look at every single store and compare prices.

I buy a lot from these people directly from China but it's a complicated process that is not for the faint hearted.

MasterMkombo

Shiny_Rock
And for fun I'm going to show off my cab rings lol

PXL_20210211_090705865.jpg 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200801164016646_COVER.jpg

Thanks a lot for sharing. Those are some beautiful rings. Especially the 2nd one.
Are the sellers that will message me trusted or I’ll have to decide.

MasterMkombo

Shiny_Rock
Hallo!!!!

Add this account on WeChat. A whole bunch of other accounts will then add you.

A66819760814

Then you can go look at every single store and compare prices.

I buy a lot from these people directly from China but it's a complicated process that is not for the faint hearted.

ECB73150-0DCE-48A3-A568-55F724F4E2F6.png

would you be willing to scan for me?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks a lot for sharing. Those are some beautiful rings. Especially the 2nd one.
Are the sellers that will message me trusted or I’ll have to decide.

Ooh this is a really hard question.

I have bought a lot of stuff and I love the lady who runs shop 8. They also send my stuff to a reputable Hong Kong lab. I have an excellent buying system going with her but others may not like the system and I have bought a lot so I can't guarantee you'll have the same experience.

Please keep in mind that the person you message won't see the goods from the factory so obtaining an accurate assessment of colour is a hard task.

Sorry if I'm not being super helpful but I need to toe the line of outlining my experiences without pushing someone else into things because you might not receive the same experience!

The first ring in the picture was from another vendor and was a third of the price of the second ring!!!

MasterMkombo

Shiny_Rock
Ooh this is a really hard question.

I have bought a lot of stuff and I love the lady who runs shop 8. They also send my stuff to a reputable Hong Kong lab. I have an excellent buying system going with her but others may not like the system and I have bought a lot so I can't guarantee you'll have the same experience.

Please keep in mind that the person you message won't see the goods from the factory so obtaining an accurate assessment of colour is a hard task.

Sorry if I'm not being super helpful but I need to toe the line of outlining my experiences without pushing someone else into things because you might not receive the same experience!

The first ring in the picture was from another vendor and was a third of the price of the second ring!!!

I think I’ll pass on that for now. I’m willing to spend $1,400 USD but I want the ring custom made to a specific design. I’ll speak to a local jeweller and get a quote. I was just hoping to be able to find other online dealers who could do it and give me a quote as well. The stone for my ring will also be significantly smaller and flatter than your second ring.

Stunning piece

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im looking for something similar in style to this, excluding the diamonds. Im not quite set on the exact idea but wanted to start shopping around.

80D13D15-29C0-41DD-8C86-8B4BAAAD7CC3.jpeg

This stone is actually pure kryptonite. If you are human, it's probably safe.

Really, no jadeite looks like that. I think the jadeite pictures for "what I thought I was buying vs. what I got" must be the most disappointing, followed closely by "royal blue blue" sapphire...

MasterMkombo

Shiny_Rock
This stone is actually pure kryptonite. If you are human, it's probably safe.

Really, no jadeite looks like that. I think the jadeite pictures for "what I thought I was buying vs. what I got" must be the most disappointing, followed closely by "royal blue blue" sapphire...

Cool, but I’m not concerned with what this stone is. I simply Google “gold jade ring designs for men” save pictures of ring designs I like in order to create my own ring design to present to a jeweller.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I think I’ll pass on that for now. I’m willing to spend $1,400 USD but I want the ring custom made to a specific design. I’ll speak to a local jeweller and get a quote. I was just hoping to be able to find other online dealers who could do it and give me a quote as well. The stone for my ring will also be significantly smaller and flatter than your second ring.

Stunning piece

With the price of gold these days, it's unlikely you'll be getting the custom design+casting the gold+setting for within that budget, if you live in North America. I only know of one craftsman who may come in cheaper, but you are underestimating the cost of doing custom jewelry. Reconsider the budget or consider doing it in silver, not gold.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I simply Google “gold jade ring designs for men” save pictures of ring designs I like in order to create my own ring design to present to a jeweller.

OK. I don't think either of those are particularly hard to make.

As @voce said, hard to envision much custom work + a lot of metal at that price point. Those look like ~ 20 g rings.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Try David Weinberg or Martin Dautzenberg of 2MN jewelry in Bangkok, David Klass or Wriston Tan of Asiatique Fine Jewellery.

Just google them or go to Instagram to check.

I am not clear on pricing and whether these jewellers will do the job for you within your budget.

I use them, I am not local to them, and am sometimes pleasantly surprised with pricing.

Last edited:

MasterMkombo

Shiny_Rock
With the price of gold these days, it's unlikely you'll be getting the custom design+casting the gold+setting for within that budget, if you live in North America. I only know of one craftsman who may come in cheaper, but you are underestimating the cost of doing custom jewelry. Reconsider the budget or consider doing it in silver, not gold.

Thank you, I’ll reconsider my budget as silver doesn’t appeal to me and pay what’s necessary. I didn’t have any idea of pricing so wanted to get a few quotes as well from jewellers.

MasterMkombo

Shiny_Rock
Try David Weinberg or Martin Dautzenberg of 2MN jewelry in Bangkok, David Klass or Wriston Tan of Asiatique Fine Jewellery.

Just google them or go to Instagram to check.

I am not clear on pricing and whether these jewellers will do the job for you within your budget.

I use them, I am not local to them, and am sometimes pleasantly surprised with pricing.

Thanks so much for sharing. I’ll check them out. I had no idea the true price for custom work but I’m more than willing to pay more.

I’ve found the design I like most and here it is.
7CE3ABA0-0D41-4FBE-9A87-4F6D850F8387.jpeg 1B45DAE9-5AAE-434C-B786-054C53A4900E.jpeg F2F68A59-F6BD-4D8D-97B0-02C8A371B36A.jpeg

MasterMkombo

Shiny_Rock
OK. I don't think either of those are particularly hard to make.

As @voce said, hard to envision much custom work + a lot of metal at that price point. Those look like ~ 20 g rings.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I’m new to jewellery and had no idea the price for custom work so just threw that number out there. I’ve actually narrowed my search and have made a decision on the exact style I’m looking for.
281C2290-FB18-4AFF-ACA4-67A505922CC0.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results