shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Made 7 Stone Diamond Band from Whiteflash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
I am happy to report that the custom ring I ordered from WF finally arrived today. It''s a 7 stone diamond band that will complement my fiance''s tiffany style solitaire e-ring. The setting is custom made from 900 platinum and the stones are Whiteflash''s "A Cut Above" hearts and arrows melees. The stones total 0.6 carats with each stone weighing in approximately 0.08 carats, D-F in color, & approx VS1 for clarity. I had the ring appraised by D. Atlas for insurance purposes (thanks Chris!) and everything checked out. You can easily see the 8 tiny arrows with a hearts and arrows viewer and is a cool site to behold. Some of the hearts and arrows are more crips than others but all are visually stunning. Under a 10x loupe, the setting does reveal some imperfections which may be magnified (see pictures below) but i think I''m just being overally critical. For a custom setting, I think it turned out well. Let''s hope my fiance agrees.....
2.gif

wfring1.jpg

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Another shot

WFring2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Derek that is a charmer.
1.gif
I am hoping to get WF to make me a 10 stone ring with .10c ACA's next year sometime..that is if I can convince the hubby-to-be to agree.
2.gif
It would be very similar to yours but 10 stones and possibly even more low profile. I tried something similar on at the store and ADORED it. But it would be on the right hand...not as my wedding ring.

Beautiful!

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
One more....
1.gif

wf333.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice Derek
9.gif

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
another one after cleaning ring.....
2.gif

df33.jpg

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!
1.gif

I don't see any imperfections!

in_need_of_help

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting the pics Derek. I also had something similar in mind and we spoke about it in the past. I contacted WF weeks ago and will resume discussion after the holiday since I am not in a rush and they are very busy.

What size is your ring? We also have a solitaire on a size 4 ring. We are still trying to figure out which combination works best with the solitaire (1.54 RBC), given a size 4 ring. Do we go with few stones or more stones? Do we go with .08, or .10, or .15? I still have more work to do.

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 12/23/2003 11:53:33 PM in_need_of_help wrote:

Thanks for posting the pics Derek. I also had something similar in mind and we spoke about it in the past. I contacted WF weeks ago and will resume discussion after the holiday since I am not in a rush and they are very busy.

What size is your ring? We also have a solitaire on a size 4 ring. We are still trying to figure out which combination works best with the solitaire (1.54 RBC), given a size 4 ring. Do we go with few stones or more stones? Do we go with .08, or .10, or .15? I still have more work to do.

----------------

My fiance's solitaire is a size 5.75 ring (big nuckles!!) with a 1.4 carat RB center stone (7.27mm x 7.31mm diameter). We actually ventured out to Tiffany's just to size up different bands next to the E-Ring. I thought that the 0.085 melees look pretty balanced next to the center stone. I would guess 0.09 to 0.1 might work well with your center stone but I would reccomend going to a B&M to be sure. Because your fiance has a size 4 ring, 5 stones might also work well
1.gif

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Sideview (disregard the piece of lint)
2.gif

sideviewwf.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Derek,

I cropped a diamond out of one of your photo's because it's almost a dead on center shot top view of the little diamonds which you can clearly see some of the arrow shafts and the arrow tips..This is definitely more characteristic of what all these stones look like...

About six months ago I ordered some .10's from Whiteflash and was amazed looking at these stones through the Hearts and Arrows viewer after they were set. It's kind of tricky centering the diamond perfectly because they are so small, but when you line them up dead center the image is amazing especially in stones this small...

I am in the process of ordering an additional (10) .03 ct. ACA accent stones...I am going to ask RHINO to take magnified pictures of them through the viewer and I will post the images for everyone...
wacko.gif

Congrats Again...Your other half will be very pleased...
wavey.gif

exacasmall.JPG

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Josh,

I assume you are using the ACA melees to be incorporated in a piece from GOG?
9.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes Derek..This is the piece....

A Dvatche platinum x-prong channel set comfort fit band (Wow was that a mouthfull)..The side stones will be (10) x .03 ct. melee's and the center is a 1.17 d/si-1 Hearts & Arrows Diamond...I wan't to get the matching channel set band for it also...

532fff-b.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Derek, it's looking mighty fine! Love that ring. Is that for her wedding band or a "just because" ring? Will you be giving it to her for Christmas? Do tell....
2.gif

I can't imagine those little melee stones having such internal perfection. That is so amazing to me. Too kewl.

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 12/24/2003 2:13:43 AM Kamuelamom wrote:

Hey Derek, it's looking mighty fine! Love that ring. Is that for her wedding band or a 'just because' ring? Will you be giving it to her for Christmas? Do tell....
2.gif

I can't imagine those little melee stones having such internal perfection. That is so amazing to me. Too kewl.----------------

Hi Lisa,

It will be her wedding band!
1.gif
Although not intentionally a Christmas gift, I think I will show it to her on Thursday just to add to the festive mood
1.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, getting into the festive mood, I just love romantic men.
2.gif
My DH used to be one of them, LOL.
8.gif
J/K, I think he has a little of it left in him.
2.gif
All you soon-to-be-married men here are too just too cute.

She *will* agree how lovely it turned out. That's a promise I'll stick my neck out for.
2.gif
Congratulations on a great ring.

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
That is so pretty!!
love.gif

My boyfriend just let me order our rings from Lesley at WF. I ordered this same ring except with 5 stones and .60 carat total weight. I can't wait (I came back to change this. I typed "weight" the first time around. Why in the world was I thinking about weight????!!!! hahahah) to get it!

Is this just as sparkly as the bigger stones? I've seen these band settings in the local stores.. and honestly, they look pretty bad.

But your pics came out great! EEEEE!!! She's going to love it!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Leota, that is a neat avatar. Is that a picture of yourself? You have a very pretty smile.
1.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
hi, k-mom

yep, that's me..
21.gif
I just turned it into a sketch-like photo. Thanks for the compliment..

wink2.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
That's really cool! How can they be so small and so perfect?? Incredible! Enjoy it!
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Derek....that came out beautiful!

Quick question for you - you mentioned you're putting this next to her Tiffany style engagement ring. Does this set flush to that?

I got a knife-edge Tiff style setting from WF, and I'm having a hard time finding a w/-band that will go nicely with it. I wanted a 7 or 10 stone ring, but nothing sits flush.

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Compared to the original Tiffany & Co 7 stone band, the ring I had made is a trace higher in the vertical dimension but I think it will in fact sit flush. Will have to double check on that though and get back to you. Also, since your Tiffany style ring came from WF, you might want to see if they can make the custom band (assuming you are going to also have WF make the ring) that sits low enough to sit flush (since they have the ring in stock to compare).
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, especially because I'd like to use ACA melee anyway.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the low, shared prong setting.

Also, IMHO if you look at ANYHTHING long enough with a loupe, you'll find some "imperfection" esp. if it's been worn for more than five minutes...

After I got my loupe a while back, I drove myself nuts for a couple of weeks, then realized it was time to get back to living life and enjoying the stuff!
1.gif

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
The ring sits flush! Yay! My fiance loved the ring so I guess it's a keeper
2.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 12/27/2003 4:09:47 AM derekinla wrote:

The ring sits flush! Yay! My fiance loved the ring so I guess it's a keeper
2.gif
----------------

2.gif
appl.gif

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I'm so glad that your fiance liked the ring! I was wondering why you didn't go with the seven stone band by Le that is on the Whiteflash site versus custom making. I need to get a new band, so I'm trying to figure out all the options.

Thanks!

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 12/27/2003 3:47:24 PM sxn675 wrote:

I'm so glad that your fiance liked the ring! I was wondering why you didn't go with the seven stone band by Le that is on the Whiteflash site versus custom making. I need to get a new band, so I'm trying to figure out all the options.

Thanks!----------------

My fiance felt that the outside diameter of the Le setting was a little bit too wide. She also felt that the diamonds on the Le setting sat a bit higher than she would have liked. The style points were pretty minor but I decided to investigate and explore all of my options including a custom setting.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results