shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Jewelers in St. Louis

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dubs Jr

Rough_Rock
Looking for any jeweler in St. Louis (and metro) that does custom work and is considered has a very good reputation. Thank you -

alidoula

Rough_Rock
The place I would recommend with a passion? Michael Genovese Jewelers. They were SO nice and knowledgeable, and their prices seemed quite fair. Beautiful store with a great selection. They're a little past I-270 on Olive.

And I'll tell you who you SHOULDN'T go to - Curt Parker Jewelers in Ladue. My story is in Rocky Talky, I believe. While they didn't do anything illegal, their work wasn't so hot, and when I expressed major dissatisfaction with my ring, they got very snotty and pretty much, as I said, kicked me to the curb as a customer. If you think you might have to return something, or if you want decent followup customer service, you should avoid them like the plague.

Best of luck to you. Stay on Pricescope. The folks on here are so friendly and willing to answer your questions. I've learned a lot.

Dubs Jr

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot, I know where they are. I'll check them out. Any knowledge about Summit Jewelers in Webster Groves? They seem to have nice things, and reasonable, but do not know anyone who has dealt with them.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Dubs, I live in Webster Groves and my friend has bought a lot of things at Summit Jewelry and has been happy with them. I'll check with her to find out if she has had anything custom made there. She has a LOT of rings, lol.

I had my wedding ring custom made by Copernicus Jewelry also here in Webster. I know the owner and he is a great guy. The ring turned out really nice and he was willing to do whatever it took to make me happy. When I picked up the ring, I didn't like how high the head was set, so he had it lowered and it was ready the next day. When I panicked and had buyer's remorse and wondered if I should have gone with channel set stones instead of pave, he said he's remake it for me if that is what I wanted. I ended up keeping and loving the pave setting, but it was nice to know that John was willing to do whatever it took for me to be satisfied.

suskoch

Rough_Rock
Be careful with Summit in Webster. They butchered an eternity pave Michael B. ring and told my then fiance that Michael B. only makes oval rings to better fit the finger. That was all fine and good until we received the matching wedding band from a reputable store and it was round! Come to find out that the ring was a few sizes too small and they took it upon themselves to "recreate" a ring. So, a few weeks before our wedding and many thousands of dollars already spent, I had two different shaped rings and Summit would not refund the money so we could buy a legit matching engagement ring to match the wedding band we had just received (they are not an authorized dealer). Long story short, Pearlman's in Michigan, sold us a ring for cost simply because he felt sorry for us (www.pearlmansjewelers.com) when he heard what Summit did to a young couple.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results