shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom jeweler who works in silver?

duckduckgoose

Rough_Rock
I am eyeing a couple colored stones for a bracelet idea I have, but for this project white gold is seeming to be way out of the budget. Does anyone have a recommendation for a jeweler who will work in sterling silver?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sally @ Heart of Water

duckduckgoose

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I have contacted her

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not custom but stuller sells all sorts of silver settings

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1455702033|3991981 said:
SparkliesLuver|1455647791|3991669 said:
Julia Kay Taylor also works in sterling: http://www.juliakaytaylor.com/

I second JKT. :wavey: She is so creative, and a true gem to work with!

FWIW, JKT is on the spendy side, and some PSers have had quality and customer service issues with Julia in the past - IIRC a PSer's intricate bracelet project with JKT ended up with serious design issues as well as significant communication problems.

I had worked with JKT on several rings, one of which had a quality issue visible as soon as I opened the box. I immediately brought it up to JKT only for her to dismiss it as a result of the custom ring process. At the time I did not know better, so I accepted her response.

After that bracelet project debacle I referenced above, and combined with my own experiences with her, I decided against working with her further.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Does JKT still do custom work? I thought she'd recently pulled her website, or had a falling out with PSers re: custom deadlines, or something similar?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is back now, with her own website.

S

SparkliesLuver

I've worked with her twice in the past year. Both projects were completed on time, within budget and her craftsmanship was very good. Just my experience though.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marymm|1455729314|3992097 said:
FWIW, JKT is on the spendy side, and some PSers have had quality and customer service issues with Julia in the past - IIRC a PSer's intricate bracelet project with JKT ended up with serious design issues as well as significant communication problems.

I had worked with JKT on several rings, one of which had a quality issue visible as soon as I opened the box. I immediately brought it up to JKT only for her to dismiss it as a result of the custom ring process. At the time I did not know better, so I accepted her response.

After that bracelet project debacle I referenced above, and combined with my own experiences with her, I decided against working with her further.

As for her being on the "spendy side", I think that may be more subjective to the person, project and their budget. I wouldn't consider her 'cheap' but certainly wouldn't put her in the "pricey" end of the spectrum either ... somewhere in between maybe? But for my project, I thought the cost was reasonable given the custom design, materials, labor, etc. And while I don't challenge anyone else's experiences or claims in terms of workmanship, I did not find any issues in that regard with my JKT project last spring; in fact, to the contrary. I found my ring to have more precision in design, detail & execution than some items I've had from other large jewelry designers/cast, and the turn-around time was quite reasonable (<1month from deposit to finished piece). I also found her quite lovely to talk to/work with both by phone & email in regards to personal attention. I have a couple other projects in mind that I am planning to engage her for once I have the time to solidify plans for them & the funds saved up.

Again, not refuting your experience; just clarifying/elaborating on my own. :wavey:

duckduckgoose

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone :) - I will check with JKT just for the heck of it. I did receive a quote from Sally and it was in the ballpark of what I was expecting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results