shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DrDarwin

Rough_Rock
I''ve been using this forum to guide my way to a beautiful stone, and a custom ring of my design. I purchased a center stone from James Allen, and now I''m trying to send my concepts out to custom ring designers. I was hoping that the users here could suggest some specific companies and individuals that I might pursue.

I''ve already contacted:
Quest Fine Jewelers
James Allen
Whiteflash
...and a local jeweler

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance... you guys (the users/moderators/etc. on this forum) are great.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I had a piece made by Wink Jones, and they were wonderful to work with. I love the outcome! You can contact them through [email protected]

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Part of it could depend on the design, some companies are known more for certain things. Could you describe it a bit, and/or post pics of what you''re after? (and budget can play a part too)

DrDarwin

Rough_Rock
It''s an amalgamation of a lot of different things that I''ve seen, she likes, and I think she''ll like. I guess the overall theme would go as follows:

The band is a twisting band (think bluenile intertwined pave set ring) that meets a three stone (significantly larger center stone - so maybe side stone?) setting that will hopefully be a combination between another ring posted on this forum (looks kind of like the whiteflash logo actually) and a Scott Kay ring where the inside prongs for the side stones are replaced by a metal ''bridge'' connecting the prongs on the center diamond. Beyond that I have some specific ideas for etching, angles, and the way all of of the metal connects to give an overall feel.

Does that help?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 12:03:12 PM
Author: DrDarwin

Does that help?
lol Some, though I still can''t totally picture it. But it''s enough for me personally to suggest WF for the job.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve worked with Ocean Pearlman through Wink Jones and with Brian Gavin Diamonds for custom projects. I would recommend both.

Here is the link to my Pendant Project thread. Lesley and Brian have lots of experience in customizing engagement rings and used to work with Whiteflash before striking out on their own:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-pendant-cads-are-here.109711/

Here is the link to my custom engagement ring by Ocean:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/drumroll-please-my-setting.72011/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results