shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom E-ring: Halo with plain shank or with pave shank?

1800catlady

Rough_Rock
Hi all! We are in the process of creating a custom ring and needed some input.

We have a loose stone picked out (purchased from JA): a 1.01 carat radiant that is elongated (L:W ratio ~1.33). I wanted to have a east-west setting (similar to Kate Beckinsale's emerald cut below) with a halo around the center stone, but wasn't sure whether or not to have a pave shank. I typically don't wear jewelry so I'm not used to having anything too sparkly on.

Furthermore, I wanted to have a less-plain yet delicate wedding band (kind of like her baguette-round band), so I think that a plain band for my E-ring would be more complementary. Or should one always go for more sparkle/diamonds? Thoughts? Thank you in advance!

10a43458653d50ff972da7b66287b63e.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, it is down to personal taste and style.

I like my shanks plain and wide (5mm at the top) in general.

DK :))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's up to you.

My question is: have you tried on east/west set rings? They look horrendous on the majority of hands. Do not spend so much on such an expensive things unless you have tried on similar rings.

1800catlady

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your response! I have only tried it once. I think it looked okay because I have long, skinny fingers, but I might be wrong. What hand/finger type looks bad in it?

Now that you mentioned it, I'll try it out again just to make sure... I live in Houston and will be checking out BGD this weekend! :wink2:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is no type.

Just try on the look and make sure you love it.

BGD will take care of you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results