shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Diamond Eternity Band is Eating my Solitaire Prongs!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I disagree that this is a design flaw because, quite frankly, you didn't buy a Tiffany ring like Miki Moto's ring. You bought WF's version of a Tiffany inspired ring - similar to the Vatche U113 and other versions, they are similar but not the same. I believe part of your problem is the fact that the eternity is too large for your finger, the ring is spinning, and the diamonds are causing the damage bc they are like saws. It was your choice to buy the eternity band larger so I'm not sure WF is completely at fault here. The reason vespergirl had hers remade (besides the crooked prongs) was bc it was 1/4 size too big and therefore sat too high off her finger. I understand and sympathize that you wanted a replica of her remade ring, that you also reiterated your concern and I'm hopeful WF will work with you since they are an amazing company and want their customers to be happy but you did choose your ring size.

I also think most people walk around not knowing/caring that their eternity rings are eating into their prongs.
Perhaps you are unaware of laws regarding products liability....Product liability refers to a manufacturer/seller being held liable for placing a defective product into the hands of a consumer. In general terms, the law requires that a product meet the ordinary expectations of the consumer. When a product has an unexpected defect, the product cannot be said to meet the ordinary expectations of the consumer.

Because WF created both the ER and the eternity, they had the responsibility, as the designer they were hired to be, to create products that work synergistically. Consumers don't know how to design, we only know what we like, that's why we pay others a premium for their expertise in performing that function. Because the project was accepted by the vendor/manufacturer, and the OP was assured that they could perform the task, they are responsible for the outcome of the job performance. Had some other vendor created the ER, then WF would have a reasonable argument for the two rings not working together very well. However, that is not the case at hand. To my understanding, WF created both rings and as such, had the responsibility that was conferred to them by means of payment in full to fulfill the obligations of the terms of the agreement, to wit: create an eternity band that would not damage the ER previously created by them.

Design defects/flaws result from a product having been poorly designed or tested, so that the design itself yields a product that can not perform its desired function.

You may disagree that this is a design flaw, but that doesn't change the fact that it is.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire said her prongs were eaten by a platinum channel band.. yikes!! Has anyone else had this problem?? The last thing I want is another issue to have to deal with!
Yes! Platinum can cut into the prongs as well, if the band is high enough to rub against the prongs. This happened to a friend of mine's ring. I suggested she wear a spacer between her eternity and solitaire but forgot to mention the spacer has to be super thin and low. She ended up wearing just a regular platinum band between the two rings and the band made a dent in her solitaire's prongs! But this will not happen with the Tiffany knife edge band that @Miki Moto showed in her photos, as the band rests against the donut. I have the same band, that I used to wear with my solitaire. To me, wearing them together actually makes the center stone look bigger. But my ring size increased over the years and I never got the Tiffany band resized.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Perhaps you are unaware of laws regarding products liability....Product liability refers to a manufacturer/seller being held liable for placing a defective product into the hands of a consumer. In general terms, the law requires that a product meet the ordinary expectations of the consumer. When a product has an unexpected defect, the product cannot be said to meet the ordinary expectations of the consumer.

Because WF created both the ER and the eternity, they had the responsibility, as the designer they were hired to be, to create products that work synergistically. Consumers don't know how to design, we only know what we like, that's why we pay others a premium for their expertise in performing that function. Because the project was accepted by the vendor/manufacturer, and the OP was assured that they could perform the task, they are responsible for the outcome of the job performance. Had some other vendor created the ER, then WF would have a reasonable argument for the two rings not working together very well. However, that is not the case at hand. To my understanding, WF created both rings and as such, had the responsibility that was conferred to them by means of payment in full to fulfill the obligations of the terms of the agreement, to wit: create an eternity band that would not damage the ER previously created by them.

Design defects/flaws result from a product having been poorly designed or tested, so that the design itself yields a product that can not perform its desired function.

You may disagree that this is a design flaw, but that doesn't change the fact that it is.

Thank you, SandyinAnaheim, I am sure Whiteflash will do the right thing. They have wonderful customer service. I am swamped today, but I will reach out to them tomorrow. I wanted to have a clear understanding of what needed to be done to fix the issue before I contacted them, and now I think I know exactly what needs to be done. Thanks to Pricescope!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not assume you need both changed. I would ask WF to initially focus on the Ering design. The head needs to be raised as per the above poster such that it is high enough and the prongs "sucked in" enough to accommodate your eternity as it is presently sized. If that makes everything too high, then I'd ask them to change the eternity to a bead-set design. That too may require a head adjustment. You want the eternity to "rub" on the donut and shoulder of the ering and you don't want contact on the prongs. That can be done with your wisely chosen larger sized eternity.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another thing you can do if you like the height of the eternity band and head/prongs as is , is to have the donut made larger. That way only the donut will get scratched up.
My Stuller setting had a fairly larger donut and I can say that I never had to worry about a diamond band touching the prongs.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMHO I think it's premature to steer the thread in the direction of "products liability" and "the law". Right now we are trying to brainstorm, as a forum, what about the design of the rings by WF (and the design of OP's finger by her mom and dad:kiss2:) is contributing to the prong eating, and what are viable solutions to discuss with WF. There was nothing wrong with @ac117 reminding us that while we are comparing apples (Tiffany) to oranges (Whiteflash), albeit all fruit grown on trees, they still are different fruit.

Now back to the law. It should be ILLEGAL for a widow to be THIS FINE:P2:dance::saint::love: (wiggle wiggle wiggle). I really do enjoy these threads bc they remind me of new love and the anticipation of the wedding and a new journey together. Troubleshooting bling problems is a privilege and being able to partake in people's happy new lives is also a privilege. (And I just wiggled my behind a few more times :twisted2: wiggle wiggle wiggle).

P

PierreBear

Hello! First off, I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. :cry2: It's hard to not be able to enjoy your beautiful ring and I understand the frustrations of doing your best to prevent the situation yet it still inevitably happening. I'm not an expert but hopeful given all these responses that you will find a solution that still protects your stone and gives you the look you wanted. Your setting is a classic look that many PSers will continue to follow it so it is wonderful that you came back to share as I'm sure it will help prevent other ladies from coming across this issue.

Another thing you can do if you like the height of the eternity band and head/prongs as is , is to have the donut made larger. That way only the donut will get scratched up.
My Stuller setting had a fairly larger donut and I can say that I never had to worry about a diamond band touching the prongs.

@kayla17 - Hope you didn't mind me jumping alongside your great idea!

Just thinking out loud, alongside everyone and wanting to be thorough so the next step you take doesn't cause any more heart burn, my first instinct was what Kayla17 mentioned about a larger donut. I don't have a similar 6 prong Tiffany style type ring but I do have something that is set as low as possible and has a wide base. It depends on how large the donut but consider that it may not allow the band to sit perfectly flush though and create a gap. Personal preference but it does look a bit different than what you were striving for. Perhaps @kayla17 can provide some thoughts but just wanted to mention that it could change how the set looks together. Hope that makes sense and good luck and keep us posted!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4216AAAF-0625-47BE-8ED3-445636FF7948.jpeg 85280A29-E19B-4EED-BB66-0F95F7FE1BB4.jpeg Charlotte, I love your set. This classic look is always my very favorite. You may consider getting a spacer similar to mine. While it is not the exact look you want it is so thin that I hardly notice it is there. Hopefully, you can get a sense of it in these iPhone shots. I understand if you would like to have your ring re-made, I just wanted to give you another option that might work for you. I also think you may have more problems because your rings are a bit large. It allows them to move a bit on your finger than they would sized accurately to you finger.

Last edited:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My solitaire needs a little rehab-but I just haven’t wanted to part with it to send it to Leon. I keep thinking that I will take a quick trip to New York and drop it off. Really need to do that. The spacer didn’t protect my edges from getting bent but it did protect the basket. With your style of ring it should protect the prongs. If it is a knife edge style spacer as thin as mine it is not quite as noticible.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello! First off, I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. :cry2: It's hard to not be able to enjoy your beautiful ring and I understand the frustrations of doing your best to prevent the situation yet it still inevitably happening. I'm not an expert but hopeful given all these responses that you will find a solution that still protects your stone and gives you the look you wanted. Your setting is a classic look that many PSers will continue to follow it so it is wonderful that you came back to share as I'm sure it will help prevent other ladies from coming across this issue.

@kayla17 - Hope you didn't mind me jumping alongside your great idea!

Just thinking out loud, alongside everyone and wanting to be thorough so the next step you take doesn't cause any more heart burn, my first instinct was what Kayla17 mentioned about a larger donut. I don't have a similar 6 prong Tiffany style type ring but I do have something that is set as low as possible and has a wide base. It depends on how large the donut but consider that it may not allow the band to sit perfectly flush though and create a gap. Personal preference but it does look a bit different than what you were striving for. Perhaps @kayla17 can provide some thoughts but just wanted to mention that it could change how the set looks together. Hope that makes sense and good luck and keep us posted!

Thank you @kayla17 and @PierreBear! My concern with the larger donut is what @kayla17 mentions... that it would change the way the bands sit together, and I am happy with how they are currently rather flush. Also, there are two pieces to the solitaire... the ring portion and the head. The donut is part of the ring portion, and if it were expanded, I think you would have to remake the entire ring... it seems (and this is only an assumption) that it would be easier to make a taller head, and that is my preferred solution.

After reviewing all of these wonderful suggestions, my desire is to

1. Have the head on my solitaire heightened.
2. Have the eternity band resized to a 5. And I will most likely heed @diamondseeker2006 's advice to leave a sizing window to prevent future headaches.

I think the combination of those two things will prevent the eternity band from continuing to eat my prongs... Fingers crossed, I will provide updates!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m wondering if they would just be able to add on to the ring donut. I think ame had BGD insert metal into the setting when she needed her rings sized down.
It was made in such a way that it looked like it was part of the ring. I’m wondering if they can add a piece to the donut the same way. It would be very very subtle and you would just have to make sure you always wear that side next to your eternity.
Also, they could probably do the same thing to your eternity band as well rather than remake it.
I’ll see if I can find pictures.

And for what it’s worth, I did have a Tiffany and Co solitaire in the past and the prongs were chewed up as well. And I never wore it with a diamond band. I wore it with their 2mm Lucida band and their knife edge band.
Off to find those pics.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope Ame doesn’t mind but here are pics. You can see they added metal inside but it’s so subtle that you would never even know it existed. I thought it was very clever.
01A6FC71-674B-4AE1-BF9D-5007DAD97545.png 5674AB24-5D17-4388-87ED-963ECE03F4BB.png

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I hope Ame doesn’t mind but here are pics. You can see they added metal inside but it’s so subtle that you would never even know it existed. I thought it was very clever.
01A6FC71-674B-4AE1-BF9D-5007DAD97545.png 5674AB24-5D17-4388-87ED-963ECE03F4BB.png

Hi @kayla17! This is a sizing bar, yes? WF actually put two small ones inside my eternity band... What is weird is that with these bars the ring measures size 5 on a measuring stick - which is my correct size and the size of my solitaire (which fits perfectly) - but it still feels too big and floppy. I wonder if it is because there are two bars as opposed to one?? I would love thoughts on this from the experts. If another... or different... or larger sizing bar(s) would fix the sizing issue, that would be WONDERFUL!!!!!

Here are pictures...

IMG_2476.jpg IMG_2477.jpg

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would not assume you need both changed. I would ask WF to initially focus on the Ering design. The head needs to be raised as per the above poster such that it is high enough and the prongs "sucked in" enough to accommodate your eternity as it is presently sized. If that makes everything too high, then I'd ask them to change the eternity to a bead-set design. That too may require a head adjustment. You want the eternity to "rub" on the donut and shoulder of the ering and you don't want contact on the prongs. That can be done with your wisely chosen larger sized eternity.

Hi @rockysalamander! Yes, rubbing on the ering donut and shoulder - vs prongs - is exactly the goal! :pray: I just posted some pictures of the sizing bars in my eternity ring, and I would love your thoughts on this possibility as well... Perhaps what I could do is have the head raised and another small sizing bar added inside the eternity and see if that solves the problem. It would be WONDERFUL to not have to resize it or reset it!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the sizing bars need to be taller instead of having a 3rd one added. That would make the ring fit tighter and reduce spinning.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think the sizing bars need to be taller instead of having a 3rd one added. That would make the ring fit tighter and reduce spinning.

And I feel like it should be just one long bar instead of two... Kind of the same effect as a Snuggie. Thoughts?

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if a single bar would be better unless it's more comfortable. The main thing to size the ring down would be to make the bar(s) taller.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
IMHO I think it's premature to steer the thread in the direction of "products liability" and "the law". Right now we are trying to brainstorm, as a forum, what about the design of the rings by WF (and the design of OP's finger by her mom and dad:kiss2:) is contributing to the prong eating, and what are viable solutions to discuss with WF. There was nothing wrong with @ac117 reminding us that while we are comparing apples (Tiffany) to oranges (Whiteflash), albeit all fruit grown on trees, they still are different fruit.
I wasn't steering it anywhere. If you read my original post, you'd see that all I said was that this is the product of a design flaw, and how something similar had happened to me. AC117 proceeded to say it wasn't, and I followed up with proof that it is. Spending 30 yrs in the legal field makes it very difficult NOT to see things in terms of liability. I don't have enough design experience to proffer any assistance in that regard, my attempt at assistance was to reassure the OP that WF is a very reputable company that will surely stand behind its product. Surely there is nothing wrong with my attempt to assist as well?

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @kayla17! This is a sizing bar, yes? WF actually put two small ones inside my eternity band... What is weird is that with these bars the ring measures size 5 on a measuring stick - which is my correct size and the size of my solitaire (which fits perfectly) - but it still feels too big and floppy. I wonder if it is because there are two bars as opposed to one?? I would love thoughts on this from the experts. If another... or different... or larger sizing bar(s) would fix the sizing issue, that would be WONDERFUL!!!!!

Here are pictures...

IMG_2476.jpg IMG_2477.jpg

Hi,
Yes. This is a sizing bar. I would speak to WF and see what they say. I would have two sizing bars added, each one opposite the other one for balance. I would honestly rather have a larger eternity than a smaller one. With the sizing bars, at least you can always have them removed. If you remake the eternity smaller now and your finger size grows, you will have to remake it a third time.
When I first got my married my wedding band was size 4.75. Five kids later and many years past, my ring size has grown to 5.5 (it’s probably more like 5- 5.25 but my knuckles grew larger as well).
I think it’s wise that you got an eternity sized a little larger. You have room to adjust to changes and the weather.
I can’t wear my wedding band anymore and neither can my husband! We both got fingerfatitis!

I would ask WF what they think about adding the sizing bar(s). The only thing is I feel it would be wonky to just have it on one side. Kind of like a car with a flat tire. I feel like it needs to be balanced on both sides, otherwise the side without the sizing bars will move back and forth, not just side ways. Maybe they can add a sizing bar opposite the other two for balance?
Or make one long sizing bar on one side and another long sizing bar on the other side.
Then I would have the head of your engagement ring removed and ask them to add height to the donut.
What is the height of your eternity band? For example if your eternity band is 2.2 mm, I would ask them to make the height of the donut 2.4- 2.5 mm.
That way you know for sure that your eternity band clears the prongs.
And if that doesn’t work, then I would think about a complete reset.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been out of town and that is why I am so late to this thread. I am sorry that this has happened to you, Charlotte. We've seen it many times. I have the Vatche Tiffany repro, and it is much more like Miki Moto's real Tiffany in that the head is higher and not squatty at all.

2017-03-10 14.43.06.jpg

I wouldn't touch the eternity yet, but I think you need a new e-ring setting, first of all. Secondly, both rings need to be the same size. You can keep the eternity 5.5 if the e-ring is also 5.5 with sizing beads, or else size them both to a 5. Do you know the exact height of the Tiffany 8 point band? Because I almost always say to get a repro e-ring setting but get the real Tiffany band due to them being set lower. But if you can find out the height of the real Tiffany band, then you'll know what you are aiming for. But I don't think it will be 2.5mm as I have tried on most of the real Tiffany bands and they are set very low. They also don't have all that metal on the sides, they have baskets which I like so much better. If I were you, I'd go to Tiffany before having WF remake anything and compare the height of your eternity with theirs, if they have a 5.5 in stock.

My rings are 5.5 and my Tiffany Legacy band is no more than 2 mm high and it does not touch my prongs at all. I might be inclined to change to the Vatche e-ring setting and then see what needs to be done to the eternity.

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more thing, I do think the Tiffany knife edge band is the perfect spacer. I also do not like spacers that are not regular rings, but the very thin knife edge band would be so thin that I don't think it would take away from the other rings, plus it's certainly an authentic Tiffany look.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've been out of town and that is why I am so late to this thread. I am sorry that this has happened to you, Charlotte. We've seen it many times. I have the Vatche Tiffany repro, and it is much more like Miki Moto's real Tiffany in that the head is higher and not squatty at all.

2017-03-10 14.43.06.jpg

I wouldn't touch the eternity yet, but I think you need a new e-ring setting, first of all. Secondly, both rings need to be the same size. You can keep the eternity 5.5 if the e-ring is also 5.5 with sizing beads, or else size them both to a 5. Do you know the exact height of the Tiffany 8 point band? Because I almost always say to get a repro e-ring setting but get the real Tiffany band due to them being set lower. But if you can find out the height of the real Tiffany band, then you'll know what you are aiming for. But I don't think it will be 2.5mm as I have tried on most of the real Tiffany bands and they are set very low. They also don't have all that metal on the sides, they have baskets which I like so much better. If I were you, I'd go to Tiffany before having WF remake anything and compare the height of your eternity with theirs, if they have a 5.5 in stock.

My rings are 5.5 and my Tiffany Legacy band is no more than 2 mm high and it does not touch my prongs at all. I might be inclined to change to the Vatche e-ring setting and then see what needs to be done to the eternity.

Oh I just want to cry!! An entirely new ering setting? :cry2: I was hoping just a new head with higher/ less squatty prongs would suffice?? And I don’t think I could stand making my ering a 5.5 even with sizing beads... It is a perfect and very comfortable fit now, but the eternity is not comfortable due of the larger size - even with the sizing bars.

I will try to make a trip to Tiffany’s to compare heights. I do know my eternity is 2.5 mm high and @vespergirl ‘s (also by WF) is 2.2 mm high - That was the model I gave WF to replicate, and they both have 8 point diamonds. So I don’t see why it couldn’t come down .3 mm? I questioned this during design and was told that there would be risk of the cutlets coming through.. But why would it work for one and not the other??

What is the point size of the diamonds in your Legacy band?

Thank you so much for your help!

Oh, and regarding the spacer... this is not an option for me, I just don’t like the look. I would rather just wear a plain band with my ering rather than a spacer. I was under the impression that if the rings were made/sized correctly that a spacer would not be necessary. Yes? That was the entire point of my custom design. :cry2:

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@CharlotteYork Hi! By the way, your username is very cool... with that name, you need to get a Tiffany ring!

That said, I think @diamondseeker2006 's suggestion of getting a real Tiffany eternity ring is an excellent idea! I'm a big fan of Tiffany and I think their diamonds are super sparkly (I even compared them to super ideals but that's another story). Since you said you might go to Tiffany, I assume you are open to a branded ring (I know there are PSers here who are anti-Tiffany, anti-brand). So, assuming you are open to Tiffany, here are some thoughts:

- Tiffany's stock ring size in the boutique is a 6. There are limited other sizes in the boutique, so before you go, I would recommend calling and asking them to bring in the sizes you want.
- The eternity ring I love is the shared-prong ring. I was originally going to get that to match my e-ring. That ring sparkles like crazy. However, I would say two things... first, I expect you will be focused on how the band fits which as it is your primary focus now. I would also suggest you look at the color against your e-ring. Their diamonds are very white. My e-ring is a VS2 H, and the eternity band highlights the yellow in my e-ring which I did not like. Even when I first tried it on... in less than 5 seconds, my husband said "all that sparkle from the eternity takes away from your e-ring diamond and it makes your e-ring diamond look more yellow". So I would recommend you compare to make sure as their stones are very white. Some people are not color sensitive though or may not care.

If for some reason you decide you no longer want to wear an eternity next to your e-ring, may I suggest wearing an eternity on your right hand? If that is a thought...I really like the Victoria eternity band as a RHR. It's a bunch of X and Os and I love that symbolism. Since you are there, you may want to try it on and see if you like it.

Just some thoughts I wanted to share. I hope this helps.
Good luck to you! You have received so much great input from others I am sure this will be fixed and you will be jumping with joy again!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just got back from Tiffany's, and it was so helpful! @diamondseeker2006 I lucked out @Miki Moto because they have a size 5 Embrace eternity band in stock!! It is 1.64 TCW and mine is 1.68, so nearly identical. A few differences... Tiffany's is 3mm in width and mine is approximately 2.60mm wide. Also the Tiffany's diamonds looked ever so slightly larger, but I could not tell for sure. And I was not able to confirm the point size because the salesman said they do not have that information on file (which seems odd) and they also did not have the height on file. However, it was just as high, if not higher, than my current eternity band - even with mine being .5 too big! The salesman even agreed and said it is because there is an extra layer with Tiffany's basket at the bottom (which mine does not have) that is designed to let in light. Below is a picture of the Tiffany Embrace next to my solitaire.

I asked if they frequently have customers complain about prong damage, and he said no because their prongs are set higher... Which is exactly what you all have also pointed out!

IMG_2488.jpg
Tiffany's Embrace - size 5 - with my solitaire (size 5)

new shot.png
My eternity band - size 5.5 - with my solitaire (size 5)

tiffany-embrace.png
Here is the Tiffany Embrace eternity band. I didn't take a picture of the side at the store, but I did find this image online... The ring is pre-owned and interestingly, it appears to have one long sizing bar in the back??

my eternity band.png
And here is a view of my ring (which is 2.5 mm high) from the side

I still wish mine could have been 2.2 mm high like my inspiration ring instead of 2.5. But I am now thinking/hoping that it does not need to be remade or even resized. I really like how the pre-owned Tiffany's ring has the one long sizing bar. My thinking on one vs. two bars is that it would have more of the "Snuggie" effect... When I put a sizing Snuggie in the back of my eternity band, it pulls it down so that it is not quite as tall on top.

I am now convinced that my head needs to be remade so the prongs will be higher and less squatty at the bottom. I ordered a measuring tool from Amazon, and here is a (completely unscientific) side-by-side comparison @Miki Moto 's Tiffany ring next to my ring.

IMG_2493.jpg
Tiffany ring (3.15ct) on left; My ring (3.10ct) on right

With all of the invaluable advice received here at Pricescope, additional research and detective work, here is my revised game plan:

1. Replace the two small sizing bars in my eternity band with one long/bigger bar.
2. Have WF remake the head of my ring using @Miki Moto 's as an unscientific guide.

BTW, How difficult is it to remake a solitaire head, and will it fit seamlessly with my current ering band? I have read of others on Pricescope doing this to accommodate larger diamonds, so I am assuming it is not that big of a deal??

Please let me know if I am on the right track!! And thank you again for all of your help!

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been silently following along with this thread, and I'm glad you've (seemingly) found the correct solution to your problem. I can only imagine the feeling when you realized the eternity ring was tearing up your E-ring. No quite as stomach-turning as @SandyinAnaheim's tale of scratched diamonds, but still not fun nonetheless.

Regarding changing out the head, I think it largely depends on the ring design. I have no clue how the WhiteFlash repo setting is created, but with many prong-style solitaires, replacing the head is fairly straightforward: Solder off the old one and solder on the new one.

NEW4to6-4.jpg

But I also don't know what, if any, modifications would need to be done to the ring itself to raise the prongs another .8ish mm, or what these modifications would entail. (Taller donut?)

Only way to know is to contact WhiteFlash. I'm sure they'll take care of you. :)

Attachments

• NEW4to6-4.jpg
    NEW4to6-4.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 32

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have had WF replace the head on my ring to accommodate for the change in center stone. My ring wasn’t even made by WF, so it should be totally doable! You won’t be to tell the head was swapped.

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wonderful! It sounds like you know what needs to be done to fix the problem! I am sure WF can redo the head fairly easy.

I'm so happy for you things are moving forward now so you finally enjoy your lovely pieces!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think remaking just the head would work. The entire setting (donut and prongs) needs to be taller in height. I used to own the WF Tiffany setting and it was just so short and low set, much lower set than the real Tiffany solitaire. A taller setting + snugger fitting eternity might do the trick.

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh... one more thought if I may...
Since you are now re-doing your head... I would suggest you look at the prongs. I'm all about prongs, and prongs can vary a lot.. some prongs are rounded, some are pointy, and some are like talons. And I have seen some rings where the prongs are just bent over and there is air space on the seats so the stone is not a tight clean fit.

If you are trying to create the Tiffany look, their prongs are rounded and angledI love their prong work. But you may prefer a more pointy look.

You may want to take advantage of the fact you are making a new head to see if the prongs you have are the ones you want. To me, the prongs make or break the look of a ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results