shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Design 2 Diamond ring: Poll

Which design do you like "#1Bypass" vs "#2Side By Side" Ring Designs?

• #1Bypass Design

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • #2Side By Side Design

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Side By Side Design

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Um, unlike most of the women here, I actually was proposed to with a heart-shaped diamond solitaire ring. Let''s just say it would not be my first choice of a diamond shape. It is now in my jewelry box. I wear a cushion diamond for an e-ring now.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/14/2006 11:22:48 PM
Author: Sophie
A better heart halo-set.
Wow, that''s actually a nice looking heart ring.

I forgot to vote earlier. So, I just voted for #1. I think you should call it double bypass, though, kinda keeping with the heart theme and all.
3.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I like #1 best (of the two), but I *really* like the idea of a heart halo. It''d be a diamond heart wrapped around a solitaire heart.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, here''s an idea I''ve had for a while but would never use - would love to see it though! Two pears put togther in a heart setting... the pears would be very close.... I dunno fella, I think in some ways your design #2 might be bset for you, it certainly is the sweetest sort of ring.... maybe be sure to buy from someone who will take them back on an upgrade....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2006 11:21:16 AM
Author: Pricescope
A bit of color and ArtDeco flavor...
okay I might actually wear heart rings like this LOL Except I''d likely stick diamonds in there - or rubies :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I could handle this...a very nice design and less "cute" than the others. You are quite a desinger, Irina! I''d probably do all diamonds, too.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i would wear the halo one...

there is a stunning two carat heart solitaire in the Sams by my house. Hunney, Ah''d wear that wun tooooo.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty - reminds me of the design of Sandra Bullock's ring.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I love the halo heart diamond ring...I am a younger girl, still like My Little Ponies (but don''t collect them anymore)...and could "hypothetically" see myself getting a heart diamond ring (but, I love and prefer my asscher)....but would wouldn''t seek one out.

I think you should go with just one large heart diamond...in whatever setting you like....

BarbM

Rough_Rock
If I had to choose, I would pick number 2; however if I could pick any setting with a heart shaped diamond, I would choose a single heart shaped stone with a halo.

Barb

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Hi again.
I have been thinking about this thread, and I feel a bit sad. I don''t want Yahoo to be discouraged by his choice bc of what we ladies are saying.
I know it is an opinion poll, so obviously he asked
2.gif
but I know (and I know we all do) that ultimately he knows himself and his girl best.

While we all (seem) to agree that hearts are a little risky in terms of an ering, I don''t Yahoo, to be like "oh crap" and not post anymore. sad.

Maybe I am over thinking this, but that is what my gut keeps saying..

Basically, I just wanted Yahoo to know that yes, we are all here and more than willing to share our opinions. but the most important thing is that you get what YOUR heart is telling you that you should.

I do love anything in a halo, and I think a heart would be perfect, but I also like the 2 hearts idea in your 2nd picture. Definately a very unique idea with the traditional side diamonds down the shank. Ering looking, with a unique twist.
I say, go for it! :)

anyway, just hoping this gives some encouragement to yahoo, if it was necessary. I know we all could use it sometimes!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
How about a solitaire (any shape you like) with heart prongs? This one''s from Mark Morell.

Susan_002as1254.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Or what about a filigree setting with heart shapes in the filigree design? This one''s from van-graff.com.

custom-28van-graff.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2006 3:01:43 PM
Author: Sophie
Hi again.
I have been thinking about this thread, and I feel a bit sad. I don''t want Yahoo to be discouraged by his choice bc of what we ladies are saying.
I know it is an opinion poll, so obviously he asked
2.gif
but I know (and I know we all do) that ultimately he knows himself and his girl best.

While we all (seem) to agree that hearts are a little risky in terms of an ering, I don''t Yahoo, to be like ''oh crap'' and not post anymore. sad.

Maybe I am over thinking this, but that is what my gut keeps saying..

Basically, I just wanted Yahoo to know that yes, we are all here and more than willing to share our opinions. but the most important thing is that you get what YOUR heart is telling you that you should.

I do love anything in a halo, and I think a heart would be perfect, but I also like the 2 hearts idea in your 2nd picture. Definately a very unique idea with the traditional side diamonds down the shank. Ering looking, with a unique twist.
I say, go for it! :)

anyway, just hoping this gives some encouragement to yahoo, if it was necessary. I know we all could use it sometimes!!
He knows her better than we do and he knows himself better - but seriously, how many guys have totally blown it when choosing a ring? There''s nothing WRONG or UGLY about a heart ring, and some women really love them and his might be one... but it''s a risk. If you buy somewhere you can return it you reduce risk, then why not go for it? Yanno, I could totally get into eing proposed to with a *tiny* heart diamond that I could kep forever and then having future hubby say we could go pick our wedding set together.. maybe do that wedding band only and cocktail ring thing... I think band and cocktail is such a fab idea!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Hi Yahoo,

Here's one very high end designer that thinks hearts make a good engagement ring. I was browsing Graff Diamonds of London (as you do!) and saw this and remembered your thread: (it was under the 'engagement ring' section) Graff Diamonds

Graff Hearts.png

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I would take her ring shopping and see which diamond cut/shape she likes the best. Then you''ll know for sure. If you have it custom-made, it will be non-returnable.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/14/2006 10:06:17 PM
Author: yahoo
Hello,

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. We''re a fairly young couple (mid-20''s) and I can certainly understand many of the recommendations in terms of going down the path towards a more traditional design. I have certainly thought about it, and the many variations in design. I''ve also thought about what she might think of it 20-30 years down the road, when we are older.

But we are probably a different kind of couple. We both collect Transformers and My Little Ponies to this day :). And although I don''t talk about engagement ring designs much with her as of late (last 6 months), I''ve mentioned designing a double heart ring in the past and she''s always been receptive and excited about the prospects. (Of course, it might have just been the prospects of being engaged and married). So I''m letting my heart guide the way and letting our history speak for the design.

Finally, thank you for the votes, please continue voting if you haven''t. And as always, I welcome recommendations and constructive criticism. I always want to be considerate of more traditional designs and the reasoning behind it. I don''t want to leave any stones unturned, so to speak.

Thanks everyone,

Joey
Hey Joey,
My daughter just married a Joey. They''re both in their twenties, and I would describe them as highly creative: he''s writes music and lyrics, and excels at computer website construction, she''s into acting (living statue, Renaissance faerie, etc), she collects sock creatures. Suprisingly, she longed for a round solitaire in a classic white gold setting. He suprised her with a beautiful 1/2 carat round with channel set princesses. Classic and simple and it looks gorgeous on her.

I appreciate the designs you have presented, also. I vote for #1.

yahoo

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone, and thank you for the continued input. So here are some updates,

1. I talked to her parents... and I have their blessing (YAHOO!!). I also showed her mom several different designs including a single round solitaire, a single heart solitaire, and the various 2 heart diamond rings and her vote was with the 2 heart rings (specifically the sidebyside design). Color me surprised. I would have betted all my money on a round brilliant solitaire, haha.

2. I was careful not to include an actual 3rd voting choice, because needed to narrow down which 2 heart design people prefered.

3. I can''t believe (Graff Diamonds) stole my design... or maybe I unknowingly stole their design.

4. Lastly, I want to thank everyone for sending in pictures and the other creative heart ideas, like the HALO. I think it''s really neat. Also, I''m not discouraged in any way. I guess I just want her to have the best and to make sure that I''ve considered EVERYTHING. This whole process is amazingly exciting for me... and hopefully I''m not giving anything away(I still want her to be surprised), as I pretty much walk around with a glow.

Thanks everyon,

Joey

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2006 9:20:44 AM
Author: yahoo
Hello Everyone, and thank you for the continued input. So here are some updates,

1. I talked to her parents... and I have their blessing (YAHOO!!). I also showed her mom several different designs including a single round solitaire, a single heart solitaire, and the various 2 heart diamond rings and her vote was with the 2 heart rings (specifically the sidebyside design). Color me surprised. I would have betted all my money on a round brilliant solitaire, haha.

2. I was careful not to include an actual 3rd voting choice, because needed to narrow down which 2 heart design people prefered.

3. I can''t believe (Graff Diamonds) stole my design... or maybe I unknowingly stole their design.

4. Lastly, I want to thank everyone for sending in pictures and the other creative heart ideas, like the HALO. I think it''s really neat. Also, I''m not discouraged in any way. I guess I just want her to have the best and to make sure that I''ve considered EVERYTHING. This whole process is amazingly exciting for me... and hopefully I''m not giving anything away(I still want her to be surprised), as I pretty much walk around with a glow.

Thanks everyon,

Joey
awwww :*) that''s so sweet... the whole thing is sweet... I bet she loves it and you better come back with some pictures when its done! (or any questions along the way :) )

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
In case you''re interested, here is the Ritani I saw at Bailey, Banks and Biddle.

Ania Engagement - 1RD1235AAH
Frim the "Ania" collection; platinum "Royal Crown" 3 stone semi-mount to accommodate round diamond center with heart shape diamonds.

Ritani heart 2.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2006 11:30:23 AM
Author: old-fashioned girl
From the ''Ania'' collection; platinum ''Royal Crown'' 3 stone semi-mount to accommodate round diamond center with heart shape diamonds.

I think something like this would be much more "classic". Heart-shaped stones are so LITERAL. I don''t personally view them as "romantic" or "creative". If you are dead-set on the sentimentality of "two hearts" - then flanking a well cut round center stone is a way to have that in an arrangement that doesn''t scream "YOUNG".

Remember: you ARE young now. You won''t always be. One day those Ponies & Transformers will be on a basement shelf ... or torn to pieces by your own terrifying toddlers. That RING ... will still be on her finger. You SHOULD REALLY (imo) think "long term".

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I like the heart bypass ring a lot. I don''t think it looks that much like hearts, and I think the sentiment is literal but beautiful. I actually don''t find it kiddish, or young, some people like different things. To me it''s a much more stylized ring then a traditional solitaire.

In any case, I would wear it
1.gif
My friend just got engaged with a channel bypass ring with 2 stars. I think it looks great on her.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2006 11:47:27 AM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 10/16/2006 11:30:23 AM
Author: old-fashioned girl
From the ''Ania'' collection; platinum ''Royal Crown'' 3 stone semi-mount to accommodate round diamond center with heart shape diamonds.

I think something like this would be much more ''classic''. Heart-shaped stones are so LITERAL. I don''t personally view them as ''romantic'' or ''creative''. If you are dead-set on the sentimentality of ''two hearts'' - then flanking a well cut round center stone is a way to have that in an arrangement that doesn''t scream ''YOUNG''.
The Graff website also shows an attractive ring with an oval center diamond flanked by 2 hearts. I can''t copy the picture, but it is a classic looking ring that still incorporates the sentimentality of 2 hearts. When I was looking as the ring, I thought it would also look cool if the heart side stones were rubies or sapphires for some color (although it looks good with all diamonds too.)

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
some more variations on the theme...

Heart 962-575.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
ETA: You can click on the picture attachment to this post to see the picture. But it won't post in my reply. Don't know what I did wrong.

Heart dbl_hearts%20(2).jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock

Heart images%5CDiamond%20Ring%20R710.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
hope this one works. I don''t know why some pictures post and some don''t ???

heart rg2060ryw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results