shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom 5 stone Marquise E-W U prong ring advice

TaraMSP

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'm getting married in 8 weeks and working on my custom wedding band. No eRing. Wedding ring only. Last Friday I flew to Chicago and spent my morning at Jeweler's row. Very fun and so many options. I ended up working with a designer who did attached CAD. I had never been a fan of marquise, but the designer felt that ovals would look almost round when they are that small. I really do like the way the ring turned out. It is a slight graduation of the diamonds and seems unique.

My concerns: Originally I wanted the bottom of the U prong to be completely open however they don't feel that will be stable enough for the marquise so it would need to be full closed. I'm worried about lotion and other things getting trapped in there. I don't want to have to clean it almost daily. Thoughts? Do others who have the u prong experience that issue? Does having it closed actual create more light reflecting under the diamond and more sparkle?

I'm thinking of having the wax built and then seeing what it looks like. If needed I can scrap it and start over with completely different diamonds shapes even.

u-prong_1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Get azures under each stone and you'll be fine. I ADORE it.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that CAD drawing - that would be a really cool wedding ring! Easiest is to just take your rings on and off for lotions....

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gypsy, what's an azure??? Love the design, btw....just don't lotion outside of your home/hotel etc....that way there's no chance of losing the ring while applying lotion at the mall, etc. (does it sound like I'm speaking from experience here??? :oops: )

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooohhhhhh......I absolutely love this idea! Can't wait to see pics of the finished product! Adding to my wish list..... :) :) :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very gorgeous design!!!

TaraMSP

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the suggestion of the azure. I will chat with them about the option. I will be sure to post the wax once it arrives.

TaraMSP

Rough_Rock
Re: Custom 5 stone Marquise E-W U prong - Dimend Scaasi

Woohoo! I finalized my CAD today with Dimend Scassi. In 2 weeks it should be ready. I cannot wait to see the final ring.

Platinum
5 stone half eternity 1.25 tctw marquise G/VS2
U prongs encrusted .34 tctw G/VS2

Here is the final rendering pics.

20631_-_guerrero__tara_render3_1.jpg

_1154.jpg

_1156.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is stunning!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
O MY GAWD!!! That is incredible!! Wow - I'm in awe & in LOVE!! :love: :love: :love:

Those are going to be 2 long weeks---for you and for all of us on PS waiting for more pics!!! FANTASTIC design!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Be still my foolish heart :love: :love: :love: That is one GORGEOUS ring!!!! Sooooo my taste!!!
Love it...please post lots of pics when it's done :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is GORGEOUS.

Completely, totally GORGEOUS :love: :love: :love:

It'll be really easy to clean IRL too, with the sides open like that, so absolutely no worries there!! Can't wait to see it done :sun:

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1349206297|3278181 said:
O MY GAWD!!! That is incredible!! Wow - I'm in awe & in LOVE!! :love: :love: :love:

Those are going to be 2 long weeks---for you and for all of us on PS waiting for more pics!!! FANTASTIC design!!

I agree! When I saw it my first thought was "OMG why haven't I ever thought of that before!?!?!" Genius!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, it's going to be gorgeous! :love:

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man! I am in love with this beauty! Gorgeous!!!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazingly unique design. I'm not a fan of marquise either but wow do I love this ring! Can't wait to see more photos too. Congrats on you up coming wedding :D

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWZA! :love: You could be on to something here! :appl:

I'm looking forward to the SMT thread (hint, hint)!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OKOKOK I need one!!!! How gorgeous is THAT?????????????????????? :love:

cheers--Sharon

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! Who was the designer? Would you recommend him to design other pieces of jewelry? What is an azure?

D

Deactivated member 42515

Ok, so can I tell you how much I love this ring!! I'm not usually a marquise fan but yowza! You may have changed my mind forever! Beautifully exquisite ring!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1349274032|3278636 said:
HI:

OKOKOK I need one!!!! How gorgeous is THAT?????????????????????? :love:

cheers--Sharon

Me too!!!! I've always loved marquises, especially set east west and this is fantastic!

TaraMSP

Rough_Rock
CharmedOne|1349263851|3278566 said:
What an amazingly unique design. I'm not a fan of marquise either but wow do I love this ring! Can't wait to see more photos too. Congrats on you up coming wedding :D

Hi CharmedOne! I'm not a fan of marquise either, but east-west rocks. I had originally flown to Chicago with the intention of doing oval to give it the scalloped look, but Isaac recommended the marquise. He said the oval would look more round with the 4 prongs whereas the marquise would only have 1 prong at the ends which removes the pointiness of the marquise. Brilliant!

TaraMSP

Rough_Rock
lambskin|1349275327|3278650 said:
Gorgeous!!! Who was the designer? Would you recommend him to design other pieces of jewelry? What is an azure?

Hi!

I know there are so many amazing designers recommended on this site like Whiteflash, Brian Gavin, etc... But, I really wanted someone that I could meet in person while doing the wax, CAD changes via email/phone. It gave me the warm/fuzzy I needed. Chicago is only a 45min flight from Minneapolis so I scanned all the reviews on Pricescope and found Dimend Scaasi in Jeweler's Row. From the beginning they were incredibly responsive and accomodating. Having the huge tv of my CAD being created in front of me and looking at actual diamonds while there exceeded both of our expectations. They even sent me my diamonds and the wax so I could look it over before approving it.

The whole team at Dimend Scaasi have been amazing. The no tax from buying out of state more than covered our $95 round trip flights to Chicago. Plus it was a fun day walking around Millenium park, the Art Institute and lunching at the Grange. They did a great job of keeping it within my budget. The encrusting of the u-prongs was idea I sent them on a whim. They loved it and the renderings made the decision easy for me. It did take me a bit over budget, but since I am not doing an eRing it was justifiable. ;-)

Here's their site. http://www.dimendscaasi.com/ Stephanie is available to chat online and answer any of your questions if you go on their website during business hours. Cheers!

Tara

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooo....that's so pretty and unique and I LOVE it! Can't wait to see the handshots. :lickout:

DonnaH

Rough_Rock
I am seriously enchanted with that ring. AND, I am in Chicago...be still my heart.

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful, just perfect! :love: cant wait to see the handshots

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results