shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom 3ct Marquise ring my design by Tradeshop

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

young

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Like me, many of you may want to design your own creation and want to know how it''s done.
I found a few large dimensioned 3+ct marquise diamonds on Pricescope with extra large dimensions.
Duane at Tradeshop veiwed them in person and picked a white eyeclean J si1 med blue fluorescence GIA as best choice.
I looked at 100''s of marquise rings and designed my own and drew my design and faxed to Duane.
Duane took the stone to the wax carver and created it in wax for my approval. It was exactly as I envisioned.
Duane cast it in extra white gold for cheaper than I could have bought a standard dull drab off-the-shelf normal setting for a ring of a lifetime.
You only live once. Make your own mark.

Brent

3ctmarq.jpg

young

Rough_Rock
From wax:

3ctwax.jpg

young

Rough_Rock
the stone:

3ctstone.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
How incredibly cool!! Definitely a one of a kind, once in a lifetime ring! Congratulations!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgive me, I don''t know if you''re Brent or Stella (LOL!) but you''re the only other person on PS besides myself that I''ve ever known to buy their e-ring stone from Tradeshop. The have a very nice operation there and they certainly aim to please. When I bought my e-ring ring stone, the orignal owner, Ray Elsey, was still there and he was a lot of fun to shop with. I was so happy with that experience that I went back years later and bought two more GIA certed diamonds from Ray and Duane and had them made into my studs.

Your ring is just fabulous!! I love the "extra support" heart prongs and your euro-shank. Just gorgeous and substantial. I LOVE
a good healthy proportion of metal! I''d love to see this on your hand.

young

Rough_Rock
I''m Brent and designed for Stella my wife.

Here was last years creation from diamond picked on Pricescope. Then Duane from Tradeshop viewed the stone (viewed a few and picked the best one).
Duane picked the EGL J vs2 EXTEMELY STRONG blue fluorescence so it faces WHITE 6 carat OVAL and sent it to the wax carver.
Here''s the ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phasers were set to stun!!!!!!!!!!!

youngdoneps12.JPG

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Your design looks modern and architectural -- unique! You''ll never see it on anyone else, I like that thought. I bet that stone covers quite a bit of your finger, 3 carats spread out in a marquise! By the way, what is "extra white gold"?

young

Rough_Rock
Extra white was probably my term. The oval has just a very slight tint to the white gold, not noticeable unless you have a platinum on the finger next to it.
With the 6ct there''s not much room or need for another ring next to it so.... never bothered us. Stella wanted to wear her other jewelry next to the Marquise so we just asked Duane to make sure it was as light as platinum.

I think, since they pour the metal, it can be different shades due to the different metals involved.
Thanks,
Brent

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I remember that oval. It knocked my socks off too!! Any chance at handshots on either of these stunners?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice ring. I like the shape of the shank.

young

Rough_Rock
I will get hand shots of the new one.
Here''s last years custom j vs2 strong blue fluorescence... we love it everyday... I have to look at it everyday... it kills me.
Everybody thinks it''s too big to be real so Stella tells them she got it from Target in Orlando:) funny... The women compliment her on her smaller jewelry and dismiss the real diamonds.

ps11512.JPG

young

Rough_Rock
Here''s another and notice the strong blue making the J white. In direct sunlight it emanates a light purple glow.. really crazy. This is overcast daylight in house shot.
Brent

ps17513.JPG

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Having the shank taper up to match the length of the oval is very flattering on the hand! I like the sleekness of it.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh lovely! The oval is brilliant, and I love the little heart-shaped prongs on the marquise. Very nice!
36.gif

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!! I love how unique it is!
The prongs... what is that called? It looks like hearts!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/12/2008 1:24:33 PM
Author: young
I will get hand shots of the new one.
Here''s last years custom j vs2 strong blue fluorescence... we love it everyday... I have to look at it everyday... it kills me.
Everybody thinks it''s too big to be real so Stella tells them she got it from Target in Orlando:) funny... The women compliment her on her smaller jewelry and dismiss the real diamonds.
THAT is funny!!!

I have been asked several times if my RHR is real... and it''s only 1 carat TW!!! That''s kind of a rude question!! Like asking a woman how old she is or how much she weighs! LOL!

Well done on both rings!!! You have a flair for design!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2008 1:14:21 PM
Author: Upgradable
Oh, I remember that oval. It knocked my socks off too!! Any chance at handshots on either of these stunners?
Ditto, I remember too!!!
9.gif
Hand shots please
3.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VERY cool!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, love the prongs look like floating hearts. Awesome design!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember the oval, and the new ring is just as gorgeous...Stella is a lucky lady!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Your wife is one lucky lady!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning ring, I love spiral design and the heart prongs!

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
I love both the marquise and oval! Any handshots for your marquise???

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
wow very unique!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results