shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom 3.5 ct AVC from Distinctive Gem...

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
So I have approached Jonhathon from DG to help me out with getting a custom Lab Grown AVC. Looking at approx 3.5 ct G VS1. Im wanting the square AVC, however he has recently cut an AVC with slightly rounded corners for another client, so I am considering this. I have asked him if there would be a slight advantage/disadvantage inreqards to mm size or other specs and no doubt he will have his response back to me before I post this. But just curious to see what fellow PSers think. I originally had a 3.2ct G Brain Gavin round, so I do love my premium cuts. I had lost that and insurance did not replace the full value for the Australian currency therefore I do not wish to add more money to a earth mined diamond again.

I currently have a 3.5 ish ct square AVC moissy 9.5mm and honestly in most lighting I swear it looks like a diamond. Here in Australia we dont see alot of beautiful cut diamonds so this stacks up way higher than most earth mined (in most lighting). This is the reason why I am happy to proceed with Johnathon AVC's lab diamond. I will probably sell the AVC moissy as there will be no need and at some stage purchase an oval moissy, that how beautiful I think his moissys are.

Last edited:

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting love AVC’s! I may take that moissy off your hands when the time comes

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
So exciting! His AVC are the best. It will be breath taking gorgeous!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Following! Please post updates here. :D

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Thank you very much. I will be sure to update with pics on this thread once I receive it in a few months. I will be going with the slightly rounded corners option.

AL12

Shiny_Rock
I'm about to email DG to inquire about their custom cuts as well so please do come back and update with your final product!

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Will definitely be sure to. The cutting will probably start need month.

What cut are you looking at getting?

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Will definitely be sure to. The cutting will probably start need month.

What cut are you looking at

Also looking at an AVC since I'm partial to cushions, but a 2.05. I did email them but ultimately need to figure out if this makes sense for me financially right now. I originally came back to PS after a long hiatus looking to upgrade my wedding band only.... and now I've gone down like 5 different rabbit holes with one being this AVC. :doh:

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Also looking at an AVC since I'm partial to cushions, but a 2.05. I did email them but ultimately need to figure out if this makes sense for me financially right now. I originally came back to PS after a long hiatus looking to upgrade my wedding band only.... and now I've gone down like 5 different rabbit holes with one being this AVC. :doh:

That's the unfortunate downside with visiting this community. As great and imformative as it is, what a dangerous trap it can be lol

Well I don't think you can go wrong with an AVC. After purchasing a moissy that made up my mind of not returning to a MRB, and I had a BG ideal and never really thought I would change from a round. Perhaps that why I may take the rounded corner AVC approach, best of all worlds haha

Good luck with your decision making and hopefully there is a gorgeous AVC waiting at the bottom of one of them holes lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results