shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushions/Radiant, which shoudl be center?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reesie1228

Rough_Rock
Hi, this is my first time posting, I''ve been lurking for several days. I hope I am posting this question in the right forum!

I am set on doing a cushion/radiant combo.

I need help on deciding which stone should be the center stone in a 3-stone ring. The center stone must be a rectangle and would be 1-1.5 carats and the side stones would be around .5 carats each.

Should the center stone be a rectangular cushion with radiant square or rectangular sides?

OR

Should the center stone be a rectangular radiant, with rectangular or square sides?

Thanks so much!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/15/2010 1:40:41 AM
Author:reesie1228
Hi, this is my first time posting, I''ve been lurking for several days. I hope I am posting this question in the right forum!

I am set on doing a cushion/radiant combo.

I need help on deciding which stone should be the center stone in a 3-stone ring. The center stone must be a rectangle and would be 1-1.5 carats and the side stones would be around .5 carats each.

Should the center stone be a rectangular cushion with radiant square or rectangular sides?

OR

Should the center stone be a rectangular radiant, with rectangular or square sides?

Thanks so much!
Hi reesie and welcome to Pricescope!

I think it is a matter of taste as to which combo you choose. Depending on whether you are having the ring made by an online vendor or jeweller, you could ask if they could provide some CAD''s to give you a better idea ( computer assisted designs) - some online vendors can offer this service. Also in my opinion in depends on the setting itself you choose as to which looks best.

I would also advise choosing the stones very carefully to make sure they are well cut, if you are new to this, cut quality is crucial to give the diamonds life and beauty. Judging cut quality is more difficult in fancy shapes such as radiants and cushions but it can be done with some careful research, it is possible we might be able to help you with this too.

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Personnally I would stick with the same cutting styles otherwise they may tend to ''confuse'' the look. Rectangular radiant with smaller rectangular radiant sides would be my personal preference! Try to keep the design clean....Just my two cents! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results