shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushions in the Bay Area

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stellamarina

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I''ve been lurking around for some time now, learning a lot from all of you! I''ve finally been given the green light to start looking. (Little did he know, I already was!!
loopy.gif
) I really love the cushion cut and have tried on one 1.04 carat one at chain store. Does anyone in the Bay Area have any good ideas as to where I should go to look at some more? I assume the gift center vendors probably have some? I just want to try some more on before I make a decision and for bf to see exactly what I like. Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it!

D

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Try Vardy's Jewelers in Saratoga/San Jose. He has a large selection of VERY nice cushions. He also does a lot of custom work that is very beautiful. http://www.vardysjewelers.com/main.html

-Alex

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I don't know if they specifically carry cushion cuts, but Old and New Jewelery, on Union St in SF has a nice selection of vintage and antique e-rings, as well many other beautiful pieces. You might call them and see if they have anyting you might be interestedin looking at. Otherwise, I assume the gift/jewelery mart would be a good place to look. I don't have any specific recommendations there. good luck!

stellamarina

Rough_Rock
Thank you, I really appreciate the ideas! I will look into both of these this weekend!

D

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out Fortuane Jewelers in Carmel. They are an estate jeweler on the main street in Carmel, and have some beautiful old pieces as well as newer replicas. We eyeballed an Old European Cut 1.25c I VS ring with a vintage replica pave setting for around $7000 about a year+ ago. So their items aren't unreasonable, they have some huge monster rings which are soo amazing, like 5c!
1.gif
Obviously out of our price range...hee hee. I love going in there and trying things on! Good luck.

stellamarina

Rough_Rock
Thanks for reminding about Fortuane, Mara! We've been there, but months ago when I wasn't "officially" looking. I had to have a different excuse for going in there. They really do have amazing stuff. A weekend trip to Carmel wouldn't be so bad....
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results