shape
carat
color
clarity

cushion: thoughts? Feedback appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock

Sarin data:

crown 40.1=15.8%

depth 5.42=64.7

pavillion 59.3=42.7

table 5.17=60.6

culet 1=off 1.6%

girdle 6.2 (3.6 to 9.5) %

E
VS2
GIA
VG polish
GD symmetry
None fluor

no culet

girdle med to slightly thick
8.68x8.38x5.43

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a cushion expert, but those numbers look incredible to me.

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have a lot of advise -- only that I''ve seen a ton in person and they ALL look completely different. With cushion (with all diamonds, but especially with cushion!) it''s good to pair the #''s with the "eye" -- in other words, definitely see it in person or at least get several good pictures before deciding!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i want to hear from cut nut!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
You can always PM him.

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Windowshopper,

If you''re buying a round brilliant numbers can tell you 99% of what you need to know. My opinion of course.

If you''re buying a princess cut, emerald cut or a few other of the fancies then numbers can definitely be a huge help.

When it comes to a cushion however, they can''t tell more than half the story.

The problem with the cushion cuts is that there is just no standard. Some have big rounded corners. Others are more squarish. Some have big chunky facets - others have smaller more RB type patterns. Some have fantastic overall brilliance - others terrible windowing.

Probably the best advise is to have the company offering this diamond bring it into their office along with one other diamond in your short list. Have them look closely at the diamonds and give you their personal feedback. This is going to cost someone money (bringing in the diamonds) but if you''re spending this kind of cash on this particular shape it''s almost a requirement.

Jim Schultz

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

You have to thrust your eyes and taste... but it looks good to me

Dont compare to round or e/c 0r even princess...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Are you sure that''s nearly 10% of girdle thickess? That more than the whole crown height of many fancies.

The size seems in line with that... but it is still a bit big to believe. Actually, the 6% minimum is still quite a big number. Since these are percentages and the diamond itself is quite a rock, I start to wander what the prongs will need to look like to hold all that girdle.

Probably getting overexcited. IS it possible to see this one at least as much as good pictures allow?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results