shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion specs from ERD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CanadianGem

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

We have received the following spec for a stone from ERD while dealing with Mark:

Cushion Brilliant
1.71 ct
L/W ratio 1.01
G VS2
69% Depth
61% Table
6.9mm x 6.77mm x 4.66mm
Pol/Symm: EX/VG

This stone is a little over $12K. From looking at almost every post on pricescope in the last few weeks, I see that most of the time you can get a bigger spread, though the L/W ratio is usually less square. I wanted to be square, not off square or rectangular like some the posts I''ve seen...is this the reason for the premium? I''ve looked at the pricescope list of cushions from online vendors and it seems for a couple of thousand less I can get the same specs but slightly less square.

What do you think of this stone? I''ve heard nothing but great reviews of Mark @ ERD from all of you which prompted me to contact him and he says this stone is beautiful....My husband has already given the go ahead even though we haven''t seen a picture of the diamond!! (He was trying to keep it a secret!) just the GIA cert...should I be nervous?

Every piece of jewelry by ERD has been incredible on this site, so I''m not too nervous from all of your comments and rings, but I would like to get your thoughts in the stone and whether you think the price is good for what I assume is because of the l/W ratio...

Thank you all for your feedback!
1.gif

CanadianGem

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea about the pricing. A cushion NEEDS to be seen in order to see if it is the one. It cannot be purchased by the numbers alone. Did Mark run a Sarin report on it? What is the crown height?

CanadianGem

Rough_Rock
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I will push for a picture.. I don''t know the crown height, what I''ve posted is all the info I have on it...

Thanks

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If Mark still has the diamond, ask him for:
1. A Sarin report
2. A magnified picture of the diamond

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on what your priorities are. If it's just size, you can probably find a cushion with a lower depth that will be spreadier. But in my experience, Mark picks stones for brilliance, fire, the pattern, and the overall "look". No offense to other vendors, but I have seen some pretty ugly cushions on this website that otherwise looked good on paper, but the faceting pattern wasn't great. To ME that is why people deal with Mark, because he hand selects great cushions pretty consistently.

Mark seems to have an eye for cushions that perform really well and have great facet patterns. So personally, I would trust him, (and we did!), but my priority was pattern and overall look, not necessarily spread.

You could also ask Mark to try and find an H or SI1 for you, although you might have to wait awhile, to get a bit more size out of it. The excellent and VG sym/polish also will contribute to a higher price. The squareness shouldn't affect the price. Are the stones you are comparing exactly the same and with GIA certs?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would basically trust Marks's eyes to pick out a beauty, he is the expert and has an incredible rep for cushions here. If he likes and recommends it, then you can basically take that to the bank and consider it worth looking at yourself. Numbers don't always mean much with fancy shapes, use Mark's expertise!

CanadianGem

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback. I''ve gone back to ask for the sarin and pic of the stone....

I hear ya Neatfreak on the #''s and with fancies they don''t actually have it down to a science with cushions. I trust Mark will select something beautiful from your posts about yours, Bargaincrazy, winnie, MMM, you guys made a believer outta me!!!

My only concern was when doing the pricescope comparison a lot of the cushions over 1.5 cts, they are about $6300-$6500 per carat while this stone turns out to be over $7K which makes me think what is the premium...

yes, pol/sym seem to play a factor, I thought L/W ratio, but you are right neatfreak, some on the price comparison are only gd/vg pol sym or gd/gd...

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
CG--Trust Mark''s eyes! I think he has a better camera than he used to but when he sent me a picture I thought it was hideous. He just asked that I take a look at it. I said ok without showing BF the pic until it was on it''s way. I put total trust into what I had read about Mark on this site, plus I really liked Mark and had a good feeling about him. BF thought I was crazy but we were both stunned by the beauty of the diamond when we received it. I am sure Mark will find a beauty for you. Good luck in your search!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
CG--I''m also in the process of cushion shopping, and I have been told that a 1.0 L/W ration does affect the price. I can''t quote the jeweler because I can''t remember if it was Mark or someone else, but whoever it was was a PS recommended jeweler since those are the only ones we''ve been talking with. For some reason, the square-r cushions seem to be pricier; I''ve also seen this when comparing stones that are otherwise very similar.

I completely trust Mark to pick out a beauty, and I can''t wait to hear from him next week!

I''m sure your stone will be GORGEOUS, but of course, if you aren''t happy with it keep on pushing for something else.

Good luck! Can''t wait to see it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results