shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion reset... three stone or halo?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winchester8

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I''ve been reading Pricescope for a few months now... trying to decide on a reset. Which is not easy, given the gorgeous, lovely rings I''ve seen here.
1.gif

My current ring is a simple solitaire, size 4.5. I''m looking for a setting with more sparkle and visual size, without upgrading the existing stone (2.5ct H VS1 cushion brilliant, 1.10 ratio.) And, I''m a pretty classic kind of gal, so I''d like to go for something timeless and elegant.

Have narrowed it down to two very different settings and love them both. One is a simple halo (Leon Mege Adrianna style). The other is a three stone cushion. Both pics are Leon Mege and I think I would want to go to him for the setting.

I''d really love to know what you think... which one would enhance the center stone more? And I''ve had at least two jewelers mention that the halo is trendy, in that case would the three stone be a better choice for timeless/classic style?

Thank you so much for your help!

Capture1adriannahalo.JPG

winchester8

Rough_Rock
The three stone. Thanks again!
21.gif

Capture2threestonelmege.JPG

bebe

Ideal_Rock
tough decision - I like them both, maybe halo the center stone and add side stones!
I know maybe too much huh? LOL

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that three stone personally. I do think it''s more classic and with a 2.5 center stone I don''t think you need a halo...Let that center stone shine baby!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I love the three stone!

winchester8

Rough_Rock
Thanks, everyone!

bebe, didn''t even think of that option... this is fun!
1.gif

neatfreak, Miranda, I think it''s very cool that you both have such beautiful, unique rings and are both voting for the three-stone... think that may wind up being "the one"....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/29/2008 8:57:30 PM
Author: neatfreak
I LOVE that three stone personally. I do think it''s more classic and with a 2.5 center stone I don''t think you need a halo...Let that center stone shine baby!
Ditto!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gosh..I love both. halo''s are very popular right now but I don''t think of them as trendy since they were used in many antique rings. Of course I''m bias b/c I have a cushion halo ring. Have you tried on both styles? many times what i like in pictures I find just isn''t flattering on my hand in person. that might help you to decide??

kbarro1

Shiny_Rock
Gosh, I am a huge halo fan, but that three stone in a STUNNER! I vote for it!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
3 stone here too. That exact three stone.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am a 3 stone gal, so that gets my vote. But love the halo too. Thinking since your cushion is 2.5, it doesn''t need the halo, just some sisters to join in the fun,.
3.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, my vote goes to a halo with side stones!
2.gif
11.gif
9.gif

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Three stone all the way. (And I love halos!) What a fun choice to have to make!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
well, i have no opinion on the matter for sure
emteeth.gif
I do love the halo when I see it..it's fabulous, but I'm not a halo girl and ended up with a three stone...still in it's "temporary setting" a few years later (seesh)...

Here are some pix if you're interested...I'd set it for real in a super thin or knife edge band with claw prongs and the center stone out a little bit...mine is a sware, so you're would look better as a three stone imo...best of luck!

Gosh, but the halo IS nice
40.gif

Now that I look at the Leon 3 stone, no contest. 3 stone. That's HOT!

winchester8

Rough_Rock
Hi again!

diamondseeker, mrssalvo, kbarro1, Gypsy, Kaleigh, Michelle, ahappygirl, moremoremore, thanks so much. You have no idea how much I appreciate your input... it''s a fun choice as ahappygirl said, but also a tough choice, so it really helps to hear from the experts.
1.gif

michelle/catmom, I was smiling as I read your post... why choose, when you can have it all?
11.gif
9.gif
Your ring is stunning!

mrssalvo, yes, I''ve tried on both styles, or close to... a ~2.5ct micropave halo at Harry Winston NY (oh my) -- they also brought out a 3-stone with rounds, with a 3ct (3ct!) center, which was WAAY too big for my finger. That almost turned me off the three stone, until I tried on a smaller version with radiants at a different jeweler. The three stone radiant setting looked very good -- and is probably the closest I''m going to get to seeing what that setting looks like on my finger -- I''ve not yet seen a three stone cushion in person.

moremoremore, your ring was an inspiration for me. Love your ideas on the design... and I agree, the LM is hot!

Okay, so now I''m definitely thinking three stone.

Thank you!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Very kind...get the three stone by Leon so that I can copy you when you're done! :) I don't llike the thickness of my band and how flush the three stones are together...it doesn't help that mine is square..I like the 1:10 ratio very much...I am really into the Leon setting...I would probably not get the side pave just bc I'm very rough with things and hard on the stone....I'll also take the 2.5ct stone too
face1.gif
But it's a very classic but striking look....that's what I'm into...Best of luck!

What size sides are you going to get? Mine are .5 and I bet that would look awesome with your stone...I wouldn't go bigger bc it may take away from the center stone...

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
I really love the 3 stone ring. Absolutely beautiful!

winchester8

Rough_Rock
krisvrn, thanks for your vote! I''m really loving the three stone now!

moremoremore,

I was thinking .5-.75 sidestones. And now that you mention that larger stones would take away from the center, I will go for close to .5 as I want the center to still be the star of the show. I like your insight on the stones sitting flush... popping the center up a little, and using the smaller sidestones with a thinner band, sounds like a fantastic combination. Thanks so much!

36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results