I''m looking to purchase a cushion cut stone and have it set as a solitaire for an engagement. I know what i''m looking for *somewhat* and am still getting used to the process.
1) Carat: I''m looking in teh 1.7 to 2.0 carat range.
2) Color: I"ve heard no less than G. Anyone agree/disagree?
3) Clarity: VS2 and above. Is SI1 ok? More important?
4) Cushion: I don''t want to go over a 1.20 ratio. Closer to square. I think I''ll do the Modified Cushion.
5) I''ve been looking at retailers in my area, but haven''t been pleased with the process. I''ve also been looking online, but have been somewhat skeptical of not seeing the stone before I buy it. Union Diamond is attractive because they don''t have sales tax in Georgia. Does anyone have info on Union Diamond expereinces?
6) Also, it seems the beauty of the cut can really only be seen in person. How do you get around this by buying online?
7) any other factors or advice to consider in the cushion cut?
Also, it seems the cushion cut is very dependent on the angle of the cuts. Can anyone give me info on what to look for re: cushions and cuts?
thanks for your help.