shape
carat
color
clarity

cushion question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CushionDva

Rough_Rock
I''m new to pricescope and have been reading up on cushion cuts, my fave of all the shapes! Anyway, I read on a thread somewhere someone referring to a "chunkey monkey" cushion. What exactly is that? It doesnt sound like a good thing, so could someone fill me in before I go get one? I like chunky cushions myself, but I want to know what to look for and also avoid. Thanks!!!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Diva, and welcome to PS. I''m not sure about the reference to "chunky monkey" but it sounds like one of our PS''rs having fun. If you want to find detailed info on cushions with an emphasis on chunky, search "chunky cushions" on the forum and see what you come up with. There is a series of posts out there by cehrabehra which contains plots of various facet patterns on cushions and all sorts of other details. I think that at least some of them are from 2007 (Spring, maybe?). We have several cushion experts who post regularly and I find their input very educational.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi cushiondva

Probably a reference to a chunky cushion is what is meant, could be from an incredibly knowledgeable with cushion cuts poster called Cehrabehra!

If a chunky cushion is what you want then www.goodoldgold.com have their own brand of chunky cushions which are selling like hot cakes. Check the website out to view some and also this video has been especially made for the new cushion buyer from expert and proprietor of GOG Jonathan Weingarten, see below-

Consumers Guide to Buying a Cushion Cut Diamond.

Bear in mind that you cannot buy a cushion by the numbers, watch the video above to learn the basics of what to look for and the importance of images with these shapes. The numbers barely even give a chalk outline of the stone, they tell nothing about the faceting both physical and virtual, light performance, leakage, contrast and overall beauty so at a minimum you need both detailed photographs and an ASET image in order to evaluate these stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results