shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion - Large Table vs Small Table

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cushiongal21

Rough_Rock

Hi all! I''m looking at 2 cushion stones in NYC. Both stones are between $13K and $14K. Can someone comment on the specs? The depths are the same but the tables are drastically different. Will a large table take away sparkle and fire?

A. 1.80ct
G Color VS1 Clarity
7.02 x 6.83
Excellent Polish
Excellent Symmetry
No Fluorescence
Girdle : Slightly Thick - Thick Faceted
No Culet
64.3% Depth
56% Table
B. 1.73ct
G Color VS1 Clarity
7.79 x 6.65
Good Polish
Good Symmetry
No Fluorescence
Girdle : Medium - Slightly Thick Faceted
No Culet
64.5% Depth
71% Table
Thanks!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go for the first one or keep looking. Somewhere on PS I read that a table in the 50s with a depth in the 60s would give alot of sparkle. That's what I wanted, sparkle. If you can, look at both stones together. You may not want what I want in a stone. Here is mine.

cushionfire.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone!

As for numbers and cushions, it is no use! ;-) Many different combos could give you what you want...
You MUST see the stone to see if you like the look.
As a side note, #1 looks like a modern cushion which is what I have and I adore the look and fire and brilliance....
Cushions are tricky suckers... #2 faces up a but larger....also a consideration....

Hey- were you where I think you were this afternoon around 3 when I called? (if you were, you'll know what I mean!)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2006 4:16:06 PM
Author:Cushiongal21

Hi all! I''m looking at 2 cushion stones in NYC. Both stones are between $13K and $14K. Can someone comment on the specs? The depths are the same but the tables are drastically different. Will a large table take away sparkle and fire?

A. 1.80ct
G Color VS1 Clarity
7.02 x 6.83
Excellent Polish
Excellent Symmetry
No Fluorescence
Girdle : Slightly Thick - Thick Faceted
No Culet
64.3% Depth
56% Table

B. 1.73ct
G Color VS1 Clarity
7.79 x 6.65
Good Polish
Good Symmetry
No Fluorescence
Girdle : Medium - Slightly Thick Faceted
No Culet
64.5% Depth
71% Table

Thanks!!!
My thoughts on this is that it really depends on the facet plot... the crushed ice type cushions give off an almost princessy type sparkle that might very well benefit from a large table - where as the more old fashioned cuts that have large facets benefit from the small tables. You really should look at some and see which you like. That first one is going to be much more sqare also...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
That first stone has specs similar to mine, with regard to ratios. Mine is 1.03c, 56 table 64 depth, ex/ex, 5.9x6.1 (1.03 ratio, I think), It''s firey and I love it.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
C Gal I know enough to know no one can help you.

Do you have or does the dealer have an ASET scope?

We can not make any judgement from #''s on radiants, princess or cushions.

Cushiongal21

Rough_Rock
Thanks all! I''m going to see both today. I''m also meeting with Mark to see what he has in his inventory. I''ll keep you posted!

David_Lundahl

Rough_Rock
Yeah Cushions are a tricky animal....i''ve always liked the Harry Kotlar cushions though

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Garry- that's a great answer! It's the answer that used to make me mad LOL...I would ask and ask about princess stones and get that same answer..It took a while for me to accept it :) For me, now it's a balance of beauty and price and not so much numbers or even, dare I say, optimum light performance....
1.gif

Cushiongal- can you take a peek at the bauble Mark is holding for me? !!!! I'd love to know what you think! I haven't seen it yet!

Cushiongal21

Rough_Rock
Moremoremore - Sure! What does it look like or what''s your 1st name so I can reference something. Ha!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 6:08:23 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

while this answer is unfortunately true at this time, I feel comelled to add that it might not always be impossible to judge those cuts once (IF) more research is done.... but we rarely even see sarin info on these cuts...

BTW I see you''ve grouped rincess in there and isn''t there some sort of ideal prnicess thing going on? LOL

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL....just tell him it''s more''s cushion! :) Thanks! I can''t want to see it myself!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/1/2006 10:56:19 AM
Author: moremoremore
LOL....just tell him it''s more''s cushion! :) Thanks! I can''t want to see it myself!
Another cushion?? What are you going to do with this new cushion? You are NOT trading in the other one are you? The one you have is so wonderful.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
11.gif
10.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 11:32:46 AM
11.gif
10.gif
::renaming you:: moremoremoreMORE! lol!!!!

Now, let''s not be coy - spill it!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL- in due time my pet, in due time!
9.gif

I want to see Cushiongal''s stones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do we have a decision!!!!????
3.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 5:51:31 PM
LOL- in due time my pet, in due time!
9.gif

I want to see Cushiongal''s stones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do we have a decision!!!!????
3.gif
you''re so no fair!!!:razz:~~~~

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
There is a way

Date: 11/1/2006 10:38:47 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

while this answer is unfortunately true at this time, I feel comelled to add that it might not always be impossible to judge those cuts once (IF) more research is done.... but we rarely even see sarin info on these cuts...

BTW I see you''ve grouped rincess in there and isn''t there some sort of ideal prnicess thing going on? LOL
Have you looked at diamonds with an ASET scope C?

The trick is to do it while moving the stone - you can then avoid stones with big windows etc and find ones that work.

But as for using the #''s - they dont work because there can be good zones with bad zones in between that #''s can not screen out.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 6:07:31 PM
There is a way

Date: 11/1/2006 10:38:47 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Have you looked at diamonds with an ASET scope C?

The trick is to do it while moving the stone - you can then avoid stones with big windows etc and find ones that work.

But as for using the #''s - they dont work because there can be good zones with bad zones in between that #''s can not screen out.
You''re right.... my stone should be nasty ugly and it just isn''t LOL big ol 40 or 42% crown angle and I think the same for the pavillion - funny thing with my stone is the width is steep deep, the length is shallow and the average is tolkowski ROFL!!! I spent the days waiting for my stone by analyzing the numbers LOL

BTW mine has big windows - in fact if you hold it just the right way i can read the computer type through it (through the pavillion from one of the big mains through to the opposite one).... but those same big facets are angled in such a way that from the top view they reflect and refract the crown facets *pefectly*.

No, I haven''t gotten my free ASET in the mail yet Garry! I''m still waiting!!! ;-)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK Cushiongal what happened? How were the stones?

Cushiongal21

Rough_Rock

Sorry for the delayed response! Our afternoon in the diamond district was great! Mark had 4 incredible stones to show us. I really liked a 1.71 G, VS1 cushion modified brilliant. I thought this was “the one”! My BF told Mark he’d give him a call when I wasn’t around. But!!! We went into another store and I fell in love with 2 carat round on a micro pave with a very small halo setting. I couldn’t take my eyes off the brilliance and sparkle. The round was 2.0 F, SI2 with excellent cut and excellent symmetry. I was concerned about the SI2 rating but I couldn’t find any inclusions with the naked eye (maybe because there was so much sparke)! When I looked at a cushion and a round side by side, the round had more fire. What a dilemma! I’m leaving the decision to the BF!

Moremoremore – I did see your cushion. It was the only cushion brilliant we saw of the day. It was spectacular! You’ll LOVE it!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2006 8:46:53 AM
Author: Cushiongal21

Sorry for the delayed response! Our afternoon in the diamond district was great! Mark had 4 incredible stones to show us. I really liked a 1.71 G, VS1 cushion modified brilliant. I thought this was “the one”! My BF told Mark he’d give him a call when I wasn’t around. But!!! We went into another store and I fell in love with 2 carat round on a micro pave with a very small halo setting. I couldn’t take my eyes off the brilliance and sparkle. The round was 2.0 F, SI2 with excellent cut and excellent symmetry. I was concerned about the SI2 rating but I couldn’t find any inclusions with the naked eye (maybe because there was so much sparke)! When I looked at a cushion and a round side by side, the round had more fire. What a dilemma! I’m leaving the decision to the BF!

Moremoremore – I did see your cushion. It was the only cushion brilliant we saw of the day. It was spectacular! You’ll LOVE it!
if terms like "cushion brilliant" and "cushion modified brilliant" were used with any sort of consistency, we''d all know what you were talking about!!! lol

Good luck that the boyfriend picks "the" right one for you!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Cushiongal I hope you don''t have to wait too long to find out which stone is the one!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you'll be thrilled with what you get!!! I have a feeling that the round will be yours!!!
Congrats.... and can't wait for pix...an nice F Si2 is a great find!!

We're going to have to change your username!!! :)

(as for me, I'm sticking with what I have...but thank's for looking!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results