shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion IS, ASET needing eval, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''ve just received a few images of a cushion- one IS and an ASET (I think?), and I don''t know how to read them! I''m decent with RB images, but a cushion is an entirely different animal. Any help is greatly appreciated!

cushionIS2.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh Ebree, how exciting!!!! Yes the other image will be ASET.

E B

Ideal_Rock
ASET:

cushionaset4.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its looking promising! What is the weight and specs?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:51:21 PM
Author: Lorelei
Its looking promising! What is the weight and specs?

Thank you Lorelei! So you don''t think it has too much ''green''? (I don''t even have a handle on what the green means, to be honest!)

It''s a 1 carat, GIA VG/VG, 6.80 mm X 5.75 mm, 1.18 L/W ratio.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks good as long as you like the visible arrows.
I like it :}
But it is a kind of bow tie so it is personal preference.
In this combo I feel it will be like a arrow of round just visible under some conditions.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, strm! I quite like the arrows, to be honest.

I emailed WF for their opinion on performance, but all looks well for a cushion? I searched for "cushion + ASET" and I''m not finding much, but I know each cushion is different.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 3:57:56 PM
Author: strmrdr
looks good as long as you like the visible arrows.
I like it :}
But it is a kind of bow tie so it is personal preference.
In this combo I feel it will be like a arrow of round just visible under some conditions.
Thats my take on it too, do you have the actual photo of the diamond too please Ebree?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it...I think it looks really good.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 4:07:42 PM
Author: JulieN

Thank you Julie!

Below is the diamond in question. I notice one end is a bit wider than the other, but do you think that''d be obvious IRL, or when it''s set (likely in a bezel of some sort)? Please, be honest- I can handle it!
9.gif

roundycushion1.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Another image, different source:

roundycushion2.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought it was a remarkably symmetrical stone until you pointed it out. I don''t think you will notice it when it is set.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 4:14:24 PM
Author: EBree

Date: 2/19/2009 4:07:42 PM
Author: JulieN

Thank you Julie!

Below is the diamond in question. I notice one end is a bit wider than the other, but do you think that''d be obvious IRL, or when it''s set (likely in a bezel of some sort)? Please, be honest- I can handle it!
9.gif
Its really pretty and I wouldn''t have noticed that if you hadn''t pointed it out!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Hi EBree! I didn't really notice it either (until you pointed it out!), and I don't think it is as apparent in the IS and ASET pics, so maybe it is a little more pronounced in the photo due to the angle of the stone resting on the table. I think it is really pretty!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 4:26:09 PM
Author: :)
Hi EBree! I didn''t really notice it either (until you pointed it out!), and I don''t think it is as apparent in the IS and ASET pics, so maybe it is a little more pronounced in the photo due to the angle of the stone resting on the table. I think it is really pretty!

Thank you, smiley face! I thought the same- it only seems to be visible in the first ''real diamond'' shot, so it could be the angle.

I just got confirmation that it''s very lively and beautiful, so I think it''s a "go"! Thank you all for your opinions (and if anyone has any others, please, let me know!)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really excited for you!!!! Give Sally kisses for me and her wee brother!
35.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 4:38:42 PM
35.gif

Thank you, Lorelei! I''m excited too! And I''ll pass the kisses along as soon as they stop trying to kill each other at my feet.
9.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Prrrrty cushion, EBree!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you pixley! You have a mighty purty cushion yourself!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 4:50:55 PM
Author: EBree

Date: 2/19/2009 4:38:42 PM
35.gif

Thank you, Lorelei! I''m excited too! And I''ll pass the kisses along as soon as they stop trying to kill each other at my feet.
9.gif
LOL!!!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
It does seem that green is the least desirable color to have on the ASET - http://www.goodoldgold.com/Technologies/ReflectorTechnologies/WhatdoReflectorsTeachUs/

But to be honest, the diamond looks really, really nice in the pics!! I was looking at a cushion not too long ago, it had more green than what I thought would be desirable, but when I saw the cushion in person, it was truly gorgeous!! So, to me, the "eye" is the best measurement of beauty to the beholder.

Best of luck to you! Have you decided??? Now let''s talk settings!!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results