shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Help!

DonnaH

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys, I hope I am not wearing anyone out with all my questions. I talked with MArk at ERD today regarding a cushion and custom setting. He sent me the info on one he said was a beautiful stone. His aset machine is not available and he cannot send me a video until late in the week.
Cushion Brilliant (ERD CUt Beyond)
Measurements: 6.01 x 5.91 x 3.80mm
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Polish: Very good
Symmetry: Good
Fluor: none
Comments: Crown angles are more than 40 degrees (what does that mean...good or bad)
table: 63
culet small

What are your thoughts?

donna 1 00ct .jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't speak to the price or the crown angles, but wow does that look like a beautiful cushion!

How much does it weigh?

DonnaH

Rough_Rock
It is 1 ct. It looks really appealing to me as well. My plan is to take th ebst of what I like about a couple of settings and combine the two. Mark said he is totally fine with that. You know how you need to just go for something when it feels right..this feels like it would be right on my hand...well actually on my left hand...lol!

The question is that do I just go ahead and TRUST Mark's say so before he gets his ASET machine repaired

Marshalls

Rough_Rock
Mark is a great guy. I worked with him and he has the keenest eye for a great stone. I have no doubt that if he picked this 1ct out for you, its going to look great. If you get a chance, you should go see the stone in person if you can. His staff are all really nice.

In regards to the 40% crown angle, thats just the way most antique cushions are. If you goto GOG, you can also see that many of their cushions will have greater than the 40% crown angle. Personally, my gf and I loved the small table, high crown look- its very classy! Try and see a version of it with your eyes, pictures are often confusing... Good luck!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
DonnaH|1305600935|2923644 said:
It is 1 ct. It looks really appealing to me as well. My plan is to take th ebst of what I like about a couple of settings and combine the two. Mark said he is totally fine with that. You know how you need to just go for something when it feels right..this feels like it would be right on my hand...well actually on my left hand...lol!

The question is that do I just go ahead and TRUST Mark's say so before he gets his ASET machine repaired
Oh boy do I know how you just need to go for it when it feels right. I did the same with my last cushion purchase and I'm VERY happy.

Mark has long been known as *the* guy to go to for cushions around here. Nowadays there are other great vendors who have great cushions as well, but I would trust Mark's eyes, absolutely.

What are your ideas for the setting? Just out of curiosity.

DonnaH

Rough_Rock
I like the halo and side stones of the kirk kara and the side of the other with two tiny sapphires(one on each side) fro my twins birthstones. I want the stone not to sit up so high. Input please!!!!!!

kirkkaracarmella.jpg

side view.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
That one looks awesome! I have seen that note on the august vintage cushion certs too. Must be typical of the style. High crown+small table= FIRE.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, the ASET is not going to tell us much more. This stone is not going to have the light performance of an AVC but it is a beautiful stone as you can see from the photo. You can see where the leakage may potentially be but honestly.. I don't think it takes away from the beauty of the stone. It looks like a great choice to me.

The Kirk Kira setting is going to have the diamond sitting high unless you significantly change the halo.

DonnaH

Rough_Rock
Ok ladies. I am going to cll Mrk and get the process started today! YEHAA. Thanks for all your help. I will keep you posted

Rock-a-Fella

Rough_Rock
I have worked with the guys at ERD (talked to Mark and worked with Chris). I found a diamond...looked around...and came back to the diamond that they had selected. My appraiser liked the stone and Kirsch, who is working on my setting, was a fan as well. Reserve the diamond and go take a look. I don't think that you will be disappointed.

Crown Angle - that is customary for stones like this. Think of it like an ice cream cone shape.

Seriously....go check it out.

chief44444

Rough_Rock
Congrats. I am using Mark as well for both the stone and the setting. We'll have to exchange pics when it's all done!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results