shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion help please @tyty333

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calling @tyty333 and other cushion experts.

Will you please take a look at these 2 cushions? Both I, VS1, each about 6.5 mm square.

Thank you so much for any thoughts on these.

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gussie,
I am not a cushion expert by a long shot, but I prefer the 2nd stone for the on/off distribution pattern.

here is 1
screenshot (17).png

screenshot2.png

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @MMtwo. Do you think they match well? They would be for earrings.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @MMtwo. Do you think they match well? They would be for earrings.

:) I would help you all day long but to be honest, I didn't even trust myself to match up RB for earrings I just bought. Because of that, I reached out to Jon with a budget in hand and he brought the project home.

I do not think the facet pattern is a tight match...but I don't know enough to trust myself. Talking with Jonathan, the angles, table size, and diameter size matches are everything in forming a pair.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tyty333, when you get a chance will you please take a look at these? I know it's not a perfect match but is it close enough for studs? TIA!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like the first one is showing too much darkness under the table and in person, you will see the difference between that one
and the second one. The second one will look brighter than the first one. I would hope we could find a better match.

I see a little bit of leakage under the table of the second stone and it looks somewhat disorganized. I could overlook that for
earrings (and the right price).

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm following along. Do you have a cut map with angles and measurements for the first diamond?

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the second one!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Gussie...I took a look at the new stones you posted.

I eliminated the 1.43 because it is bigger than the other stones.

Personally, I like these two together but I think any of the 3 left would work together. They all look a bit disorganized under
the table but they match in that sense. ;)2 I'm assuming these vendors have a good return policy and if you dont like
them in person you can return (a pain, I know).

(this one does have a carbon spec near the edge of the table....need to decide if that bothers you or not)

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I decided on the 1.33 and the 1.36. I will take a few pics when they get here. I seriously doubt I will see a big difference in the two. It takes me a lot longer than the 30 day return period to really see all the details of a stone. Good thing ears aren't very close to each other lol!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results