shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion experts - Table % too large?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cowgirly

Rough_Rock
G-VS2, 2.01

7.67x6.80x4.87mm

Table: 71.6%

Depth: 65%

Girdle: Extremely thin to slightly thick, faceted

Culet: none

Polish: Very Good

Symmetry: Good

Comments: none

Key to symbols

Feather

Cloud

Natural

newcushion.JPG

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/16/2006 1:59:37 AM
Author:Cowgirly
G-VS2, 2.01

7.67x6.80x4.87mm

Key to symbols

Feather

Cloud

Natural
Its all a matter of taste..., me personally, i prefer small tables (from 50% to max 59%)

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2006 1:59:37 AM
Author:Cowgirly
G-VS2, 2.01

7.67x6.80x4.87mm

Key to symbols

Feather

Cloud

Natural
You know...Cushions are such unique stones. Since you saw the stone, you are at an advantage over us here on PS. If you like what you see, the numbers mean very little. I actually am drawn to more rectangular, bigger tabled cushions and currently have a completely different sort of cushion. For now, its ok but later...
emotion-40.gif

In the end, if you like what you see, that is what counts...

Take care and best of luck!
emwink.gif

Cowgirly

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Thank you for replying to my post. The problem is that I have never seen the stone. I am currently in the bay area and I am working with a jeweler in New York. The only thing I can go by is the numbers. I have been researching on PS and from what I know, the table % is way too large. Also, I am skeptical about the extremely thin to slightly thick girdle. If I am correct, this means the girdle is wavy. The extremely thin portion will not fare well in the future. I know cushions are not that popular and it seems like vendors are having a hard time finding me diamonds to choose from. I am getting antsy!!

rubybrierley

Rough_Rock
Have you tried Mark Turnowski from Engagementringsdirect? Just got my cushion from him and am very very happy. He''s definitely someone you could trust not to waste your time on a crappy stone.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,

I think you should ask Mark (New York) from Engagement Rings Direct for his advice.
http://www.engagementringsdirect.com
Customer Service: 1-877-342-7464

He is very knowledgeable (the cushion man!) and helped me once when I was interested in a cushion cut diamond with similar concerns. The numbers I was looking at was Depth: 57.2% with the Table at: 66% - he steered me away from this diamond explaining that the depth number was too low resulting in a diamond that had very little brilliance. Now that does not mean that you may have the same results so I would ask him for his opinion...he''s very patient and a pleasure to work with. I also did not buy anything from him (still saving for the big E) and he was happy to share his thoughts....

I hope it works out...good luck!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/16/2006 2:38:11 AM
Author: Cowgirly
Hello,

Thank you for replying to my post. The problem is that I have never seen the stone. I am currently in the bay area and I am working with a jeweler in New York. The only thing I can go by is the numbers. I have been researching on PS and from what I know, the table % is way too large. Also, I am skeptical about the extremely thin to slightly thick girdle. If I am correct, this means the girdle is wavy. The extremely thin portion will not fare well in the future. I know cushions are not that popular and it seems like vendors are having a hard time finding me diamonds to choose from. I am getting antsy!!
Ex. thin is no problem really, it does not mean its a wavy girdle, but this will be proven only with seeing the diamond.
on the contrary cushions are one of the more popular "fancy" shapes these last few years, the problem is that there are so many varieties out there.

So many different shapes, faceting arrangements, proportions etc, etc.

If you know what kind of look you want (for example modern v. antique), then you should be able to focus more on your request.

Good luck,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results