shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Dimensions- Rings!

cstar16

Rough_Rock
Hi there! I have a beautiful cushion topaz ring, but it is a bit too big for me to wear all the time now that I have a little one to worry about- so I am going to sell it and get a new custom ring. I am IN LOVE with this one: http://www.lovemaegan.com/2010/03/since-you-asked-my-engagement-wedding.html

But am having a hard time figuring out what might be the right stone dimensions. I have tried asking her what hers were with no response. I like the elongated cushion cut, but do not want to go TOO big for my finger- I wear a 5.25. Can you please post pictures of your rings- diamonds and gemstones (as I am trying to decide between yellows, whites, and peaches) and post your stone dimensions and ring size to go along? It would help a TON!

cstar16

Rough_Rock
Yea, I have been looking all through them- I love looking at them- but I really need the stone dimensions :/

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Do you mean you'd like to see examples of cushion halos on certain sized fingers so you can determine what size stone you need?

It's very hard to tell what size her fingers are but I'd guess a 3ct morganite, depending on the cut, could be around 10x7x7mm. I used this calculator to help my estimation: http://www.asia-gems.com/gemstone-weight-calculator.php.. Seems about right when you look at her finger that it'd be about 1cm long.

If you're planning on wearing the ring everyday, you're likely best to stick to diamond or sapphire. There are quite light yellows & padparadscha sapphires that will give you that peachy-pink look.

You can search 'cushion halo' and look through the threads to find the specs if you'd like to see some examples.

cstar16

Rough_Rock
Thank you, thank you!!!! Perfect!

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Ya - she mentions it's 3 carats in that article. Morganite is a 7.5 on the mohs and some have said that it wears fine for everyday wear. I personally haven't had one but looked into when I was designed my ering - I loved Maegan's ring, too! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results