shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion diamond has dark shadows in picture

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

W2W

Rough_Rock
I hope this doesn''t sound too stupid but.... we are buying a cushion stone that I''ve seen and really like in person (shape. size is just what I want) The problem is that we just received a picture of it taken through a loop and it seems very dark inside, almost like the facets are reflecting darkness. I''m getting a little nervous that it may not be brilliant in the real world (we saw it in an office with office lighting) My questions is whether this is something I should be concerned about? Has anyone had a similar experience and was the picture an indication of the stone''s performance? Thanks guys.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2006 5:28:08 PM
Author:miumi
I hope this doesn''t sound too stupid but.... we are buying a cushion stone that I''ve seen and really like in person (shape. size is just what I want) The problem is that we just received a picture of it taken through a loop and it seems very dark inside, almost like the facets are reflecting darkness. I''m getting a little nervous that it may not be brilliant in the real world (we saw it in an office with office lighting) My questions is whether this is something I should be concerned about? Has anyone had a similar experience and was the picture an indication of the stone''s performance? Thanks guys.
It could be reflecting the darkness from a black loupe or maybe the pic was taken with darkfield illumination to show inclusions. You saw it in person. Did you love it? Trust your eyes. Pics are lousy ways to judge sparkle.

shay

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Now I''m not a professional photographer but I''ve noticed when I''ve taken pictures of my diamond rings most of the pictures come out lousy, the stones look dark and dull. Then, the lighting conditions and the camera angle will be just right and presto! - I get a really great picture that almost accurately reflects what I''m seeing in person. Trust what you saw more than the picture. That is how you will be seeing your ring everyday. You should ask for more pictures, or if you can, go see it again, just to reassure yourself. Try to look at it in as many different lighting conditions as you can.

W2W

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your responses. I will definately see it again. I hope that its the pictures but I will be sure to post when/if we go through with the purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results